Matthijs de Ligt (25 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Has there ever been a case of a Raiola client staying in one place for 12 years?
Perhaps not 12 years but Pavel Nedved gave a pretty good account of his loyalty as a player.

- - - Updated - - -

Way I see it is raiola wants his last big payday next summer before fifa impose the agent fee cap and what better time than to sell haaland and de ligt to milk that big ass comission one last time. What a piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Under that scenario you're right. At this point though I'm just not convinced of either of those "ifs" coming true. Also if he does stay, when it comes time for a renewal I think we'll find it hard to do so as he's already the highest (or second highest?) earner in our squad at such a young age. How much higher can we really push his salary with each renewal?
Announce the super league then we give mdl a blank cheque.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We know the situation with Raiola players. We sign them, let them develop and don't stand in their way if a reasonable offer comes after a few years.

We benefit from a few years of a good player. The players benefit from developing and taking the next step in their career.

I'm sure this is a factor in us having a good relationship with him.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
People are bashing Raiola, but I think our management is ok with him talking like this. This is trying to pump up the price, and I think our management wouldnt mind losing MdL for 85-100m for example.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Bremer is better IMO.

Why not Romagnoli? He is also better imo.

Luiz Felipe is expiring, Niklas Sule too, Christensen from Chelsea.
Bermer plays in 3-man defense, it's always a risk when transitioning such players to 4-man defense. He will need some time to adjust. He's also not that good on the ball too - likes to hoof it away a bit too often for my liking.
He's not better in my book but he's a good name. I wonder how do we get him out of Toro?

Romagnoli being better is just a joke. He's a glorified Rugani, dude is soft as fuck. He's so slow these days too. Avoid like plague pls.

Luiz Felipe is a good name, I like him - good proposal :tup:

Sule is EPL bound IMO. No idea about Christensen, I find it hard to believe he'd rather join us than stay at Chelsea but you never know.

Mlienkovic is good for us because he's kinda Chelliniesque - a tough guy who makes himself felt. Actually a partnership Milenkovic - Bremer would be very interesting to have, I feel like they would compliment each other based on their characteristics.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I know that people don't like Raiola but for years we benefited from the Raiola relationship. While other teams hated on him we thought that we'd have no issues taking his players because we've always benefited and because Raiola would never do his oldest client Nedved dirty.

Raiola is clever though, he knows how to find good talent and he'll always do business in Italy. Also a lot of his clients get hyped up because they are Raiola talents. Football is like that sometimes, just like a few years back when people thought every young player from Barca academy was a guaranteed superstar or when all of a sudden every Belgian player was Hazard and De Bruyne.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The baggio sale back in the mid 90s taught me not to get attached to players.

But let's face it, we are a selling club and have been for a very long time. The only difference now is that we sell big and don't replace what we sell. E.g. Pogba,vidal, ronaldo.

I have no doubt MDL will be sold, we will be happy with bonucci and chiellini next season. We will maybe sign a couple of players, bring in some freebies and we will be wondering this time next year what went wrong.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
With likely no CL for next year missing him will be less felt. Danilo could fill in just as well for whats our objectives realistically? Qualify for CL finish second or third? Do well in Europa league?

Even if we have CL next year, it's not as if MDL is the missing piece to an otherwise well put together squad. With or without him this team isn't getting to the final.
Might as well see if we can get maximum money for him while we can, should be able to get couple mids to compliment Loca and get us some results/reduce wages. Peak Cannavaro wouldn't mean a damn thing with this shit squad.

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Raiola knows he can say whatever he wants whether it’s true or not and that the management will not react negatively. Good thing we have someone who knows how to handle Raiola

:pavel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)