Matthijs de Ligt (74 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He had diner with Nedved about a week ago. It’s guessing but it’s realistic that they spoke about De Ligt. He’s openly selling him op tv now, so seems like a realistic theory

De Ligt is great and I’d try to keep him, but he’s as we speak the most expensive player in the squad. Maybe the board wants to go in a different way.

We never had troubles with Raiola like United had for example
True, I forgot about the dinner. I would sincerely hope for our sake that this is planned then. But then again, our planning has been pretty shit recently so not sure how much better that scenario is.

But yes, he is very expensive and imo will never live up to that price tag, very few would.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
True, I forgot about the dinner. I would sincerely hope for our sake that this is planned then. But then again, our planning has been pretty shit recently so not sure how much better that scenario is.

But yes, he is very expensive and imo will never live up to that price tag, very few would.
Why won't he live up to his price tag? Say he stays another 10 years and performs at the highest level he's more than lived up to it just as Buffon did when many thought we overpaid for him too.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Why won't he live up to his price tag? Say he stays another 10 years and performs at the highest level he's more than lived up to it just as Buffon did when many thought we overpaid for him too.
Under that scenario you're right. At this point though I'm just not convinced of either of those "ifs" coming true. Also if he does stay, when it comes time for a renewal I think we'll find it hard to do so as he's already the highest (or second highest?) earner in our squad at such a young age. How much higher can we really push his salary with each renewal?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
An already experienced 24yo defender who can be bought for 15m? We were interested in him before he renewed with Viola.

Give us better names, because as things stand there aren't too many options on the market. Just don't say Romagnoli pls.
Bremer is better IMO.

Why not Romagnoli? He is also better imo.

Luiz Felipe is expiring, Niklas Sule too, Christensen from Chelsea.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Has there ever been a case of a Raiola client staying in one place for 12 years?

Apr 29, 2006
Yeah, give Mino the 'easy' task of bringing us his fee and wages spent. It would be simple Mino, the release clause...

There are an obscene amount of 'free' defenders from Chelski alone. If De Ligt wants to be there - no isses with that, his transfer fee should cover the salaries for 2 on a 4-5 year contracts.

I would love him to stay, but he has to show he wants to. Sign a new deal on his current wages and similar or larger transfer fee - then, I would buy his shirt.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I mean, we've lost Pogba, Tevez, Pirlo, Vidal and damn Ronaldo the last few years and did well. De Ligt leaving is not an issue. But I just don't understand the point as the man just turned 22 and is years away from his prime. Usually when we sell players we've used them during their prime years. Surely we didn't pay all that money and all that salary only for us to not have him here during his prime years? That's some Dortmund level BS.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I really have almost no attachment to De Ligt whatsoever, never did.

However we really should stop dealing with Raiola, how can our board then go and sit with him after he is openly trying to sell one of our key players? At the very least I expect him to get the club a lot of money then.
Mino hung out with Nedved before this interview didn't he? possibly that's when he got informed clubs fine with cashing in? just like when we did Pogba fatty is setting up the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw piccis post exactly Mino is just doing his bit

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I mean, we've lost Pogba, Tevez, Pirlo, Vidal and damn Ronaldo the last few years and did well. De Ligt leaving is not an issue. But I just don't understand the point as the man just turned 22 and is years away from his prime. Usually when we sell players we've used them during their prime years. Surely we didn't pay all that money and all that salary only for us to not have him here during his prime years? That's some Dortmund level BS.
Seems you have not come to terms with reality yet. We ARE a Dortmund tier team financially.

PL money is gonna kill the rest of the leagues.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
And people thinking that somehow club didn't expect this and should be insulted in some way and cut ties with Mino etc. are really kidding themselves.

Club has proven by participating in that Pogba saga they like this drama just as much as Mino does. It creates interest, intrigue, social media engagements etc. All the things they love. They knew Pogba was leaving a year in advance, they knew De Ligt is not staying his whole life here and they know very well what Mino brings to the table. Otherwise they wouldn't do it anymore.

But they do. They 100% don't mind what he said the other day.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Warn all players whose agent is Raiola, change agent or good riddance.
R.Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool and Chelsea, Four clubs that have won CL in the last 4 years and none of their players have raiola as agent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)