Matthijs de Ligt (12 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I guess Demiral could do ok but obviously it could be a problem when we face Inter and Lukaku... MDL is probably the only defender in Europe alongside Ramos and VVD that can physically give Lukaku a fight.

As for the other games - MDL is definitely a loss but I think Demiral Bonucci could be an ok pair against mid-table clubs

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Last time Lukaku played against us De Ligt completely dominated him, yesterday it was pretty clear how our defenders just weren't good and athletic enough to handle him.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I’ll be curious to see where MDL fits in now since Chiello seems to be back to full fitness. Logically, it should be him and Chiello but there is no way Bonucci will be dropped barring an injury or suspension.

Then again, he has reached a level where he is too good to be a backup for one of Chiello or Bonucci. Easy our our most reliable defender and the question should be who you should pair next to him. Not who he should replace when the opportunity arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #2,977
    Pirlo said that for his playstyle Bonucci is a must. So if Chiellini is fit, i wonder what will happen.

So this raise the question, this is due to nepotism with his friend? Clause in his contract? Be my guest :calmark:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    If De Ligt is ever dropped in favour of Bonnuci for any reason other than injury or rest I will lose my shit.

One of the many reasons Im not a fan of Italian managers is that they can be very biased.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Pirlo said that for his playstyle Bonucci is a must. So if Chiellini is fit, i wonder what will happen.

So this raise the question, this is due to nepotism with his friend? Clause in his contract? Be my guest :calmark:
    If De Ligt is every dropped in favour of Bonnuci for any reason other than injury or rest I will lose my shit.

On if the many reasons Im not a fan of Italian managers is that they can be very biased.
    If MDL rides the bench for Bonucci because Pirlo says so, then any logical person would say Pirlo deserves to be fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)