Matthijs de Ligt (36 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Pull your shit together son, fast!

- - - Updated - - -

He's having bad luck in regards to PKs, he just needs to be careful with his arm. Can't blame since the ball took a bounce
This wasn't bad luck. No defender would clear the ball like that. He miskicked the ball and then slipped.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm pretty sure if it hits a body part and then the arm it should never be given as a penalty, and that was a rule brought in a couple of years ago, but tbh I don't know what the rule is anymore. I think it's basically whatever the group of officials decide at the time.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
I'm pretty sure if it hits a body part and then the arm it should never be given as a penalty, and that was a rule brought in a couple of years ago, but tbh I don't know what the rule is anymore. I think it's basically whatever the group of officials decide at the time.
wasn't a similar situation like inter?

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #1,437
    It's down to confidence, the moment he gets some momentum, he'll get better

No problem pointing out his mistakes, however I'll stick with our players when I know they have it in them to overcome this. He's young and fans shouldn't be too hasty turning on him.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    This is not a penalty according to rules, if u hit ur hand by your mistake its not a pen. When you are hit by your teammate mistake then its a pen, but not when u do it yourself, its in the rules.

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    Youre correct.

Why De Ligt didn't warrant a penalty
    by Football Italia36 minutes ago
    Bologna had penalty appeals in the final minutes of their 2-1 defeat to Juventus, but the IFAB rules show it was not a spot-kick.
    The incident occurred in stoppages and there was a ‘silent check’ in the VAR booth, alerting the referee he could continue the game.

Fans were furious, but a look at the 2019-20 IFAB Laws of the Game shows why De Ligt’s intervention did not warrant a spot-kick.
    The Juve defender slipped as he went to clear a cross, it bounced off his foot and on to the elbow that was placed behind him.
    This is not a penalty for three different reasons:
    The following will not usually be a free kick:
    The ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
    The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger
    If a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)