Matthijs de Ligt (27 Viewers)

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
Lol, it's his third game, and you can clearly see he is getting better.
At the national team, he's still the beast he was last season.
So, it has nothing to do with his football qualities.

At Ajax, he was a leader. The captain...

Now he's more like a shy little boy. Scared to play like he used to do.

I thought he was a beast 'mentally'. But maybe i was wrong, and he just can't handle the pressure.
He looks so shaky at times. So uneasy on the ball.

I hope better times are coming soon. Because i know he has the qualities to succeed at Juve

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We could let him learn from his mistakes in not so crucial matches, we really need to try some Demiral.
De Ligt today started ok, when the rest of the team sucked, but went the other way, after the team upped her game, ending up as the main culprit for the loss of those 2 points

Boksic

May 11, 2005
At the national team, he's still the beast he was last season.
So, it has nothing to do with his football qualities.

At Ajax, he was a leader. The captain...

Now he's more like a shy little boy. Scared to play like he used to do.

I thought he was a beast 'mentally'. But maybe i was wrong, and he just can't handle the pressure.
He looks so shaky at times. So uneasy on the ball.

I hope better times are coming soon. Because i know he has the qualities to succeed at Juve
:lol:

He's a recently turned 20 year old who has just moved country, playing in a new team, with a new manager and trying to earn his spot. Even experienced players are a bit unsure at the moment.

Give him some time to settle.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
lol Demiral is a 20 yo in a new team and manager too with his only top level experience being one season at Sass. i know he was good in preseason games you dont need to remind me
Explain to me exactly why Demiral doesn't deserve a chance and De Ligt deserves an nth chance after having failed every time so far? His price tag?

Because this seems to be the common refrain on Tuz: "Yeah, he fucked up but he is young. Keep playing him and let him fuck up over and over again until he learns."

Demiral is also young. Serious question: How many times do we allow De Ligt to fuck up until we give him a chance?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Explain to me exactly why Demiral doesn't deserve a chance and De Ligt deserves an nth chance after having failed every time so far? His price tag?

Because this seems to be the common refrain on Tuz: "Yeah, he fucked up but he is young. Keep playing him and let him fuck up over and over again until he learns."

Demiral is also young. Serious question: How many times do we allow De Ligt to fuck up until we give him a chance?
yea just ignore that De ligt has ample champions league and international experience. he has forced his way into lineups ahead of much more experienced defenders and then performed to an extent that he was europes most in demand teenager.

but oh yea lets bench him for Demiral who impressed in a few preseason games

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
yea just ignore that De ligt has ample champions league and international experience. he has forced his way into lineups ahead of much more experienced defenders and then performed to an extent that he was europes most in demand teenager.

but oh yea lets bench him for Demiral who impressed in a few preseason games
So the answer is because of hype and price tag..
And the other question? How many chances should he get?

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Am not against him , but the boy cost us a lot of goals tell now ... this is horrendous for someone supposed to be a super defender ....

I think we should try Demiral until De Ligt man up ....

Guiding bunch of boys in Ajax is not similar to guiding Juve defense ....

unacceptable performance and he should set on the bench tell he fixes that ...

Talent is their but , it seems he has a mentality problem .... when he is defending he loses concentration very easily , loses his man so easily and it's very noticeable
from thousands of kms ....

tell now , we didn't see any defending qualities from him ... or even a long range pass ....

rainhard

May 5, 2004
At Ajax he was all over the place. On the midfield, giving long range passes, pressing like hell. He was more attacking minded.
Now he looks more like a lazy defender.

Maybe Sarri don't want him to play like this. I don't know.

BTW: Don't think he was that bad today. But he isn't the same player anymore.
Maybe play him in Pjanic position as a libero will unveil his true worth

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
Yes, and after Ronaldo he's the best paid player of the Serie A.
He didn't ask for this. But the pressure will always be sky high, because of this.

I think he just need 2-3 good games. Maybe score a goal from a set piece. So he can regain some confidence. Right now he looks and plays like a nervous little boy.

We want the leader we saw last season!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yes, and after Ronaldo he's the best paid player of the Serie A.
He didn't ask for this. But the pressure will always be sky high, because of this.

I think he just need 2-3 good games. Maybe score a goal from a set piece. So he can regain some confidence. Right now he looks and plays like a nervous little boy.

We want the leader we saw last season!
He is playing fine IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)