Matthijs de Ligt (27 Viewers)

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
People are worried about 5 years later? Seriously?
The guy could go anywhere he wanted but he chose us over Barca and other teams, that's enough for you to see how big we have become and in 5 years from now, we are going to become even bigger.

So stop these loser mentality and enjoy this moment, we are not in 2011 anymore.
I agree 5 years is a long time and if wants to go then we get double are money back and 5 good years worth of service. We just signed one of the hottest prospects in football over every other club so people so just be happy with that. This has been a great summer with team strengthened in are problem areas.

ridenko

Jul 6, 2012
if we give a salary up to 12m.
there is very few clubs who can sign him with 150m release clause
because his salary is so high + if we win the damn CL nobody will ever leave this team for ever.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Omg omg it's happened, hvydhydtositstisodotdoydoydypd woohooo.
Welcome De Ligt, please stay here for years and years to come and become our legend.

Paratici did it once again, Ronaldo and now De Ligt. We're so blessed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I never really noticed how adept he is with the ball at his feet. Didn't watch him enough to know, but if those highlights are indicative of what he's capable of, that's pretty incredible. At that point the player doesn't have any real weaknesses. Surprisingly fast, strong, good in the air, reads the game extremely well (especially for age), neat passes both long and short, tackles are well-timed, marking is solid, has good ball control, and already a leader with captain experience. I've never seen anything like him, and yes he's more impressive than Nesta and Maldini at his age. Didn't see Baresi or Scirea.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I never really noticed how adept he is with the ball at his feet. Didn't watch him enough to know, but if those highlights are indicative of what he's capable of, that's pretty incredible. At that point the player doesn't have any real weaknesses. Surprisingly fast, strong, good in the air, reads the game extremely well (especially for age), neat passes both long and short, tackles are well-timed, marking is solid, has good ball control, and already a leader with captain experience. I've never seen anything like him, and yes he's more impressive than Nesta and Maldini at his age. Didn't see Baresi or Scirea.
This is what i seen too for a 19 old too have no real weakness like that is crazy and not to mention how he already has leadership qualitys and doesnt shy away form the big moments or games.

Last edited:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They don't call him the mbappe of defenders for no reason. Seriously this deserves as much publicity as possible, this is a masterstroke signing, I really can't think of a time where I've been this happy over a signing. Yes, even more than the GOAT.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They don't call him the mbappe of defenders for no reason. Seriously this deserves as much publicity as possible, this is a masterstroke signing, I really can't think of a time where I've been this happy over a signing. Yes, even more than the GOAT.

I agree. I might even be more shocked about this one than CR7. Two years in a row, two world class signings. Hope the trend continues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)