Matthijs de Ligt (99 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
yeah and it's not like he is on his last year.
You tell me sorry we need you this year. Renew and next summer if you still wanna go we won't block you...
but we're making a problem for ourselves to sell him now after Chiellini retired...
Leaving us with a half playing Bonucci, Rugani and Gatti....
Now if you sell De Ligt what? anyone gonna ask the Moon unless you manage to pull Bremer or Koulibaly...
and both are unlikely for a reason or another.
I wouldn't sell De Ligt unless we manage to land 1 or both.
If you told me we're selling De Ligt for 80+bonus and get Koulibaly (35m) and Bremer (35-40m) I'd be perfectly fine with it.
Even if it's sad losing someone like De Ligt who is 22years old and can only improve.

But we knew since the start that he'd leave in 4years or so giving that we can't better his actual contract

- - - Updated - - -

find an agreement.
you tell him stay one more year and we'll sell you for 70-80m without asking 90-100 next summer
So you'd want an uncommitted player for a season so you can make another €10m on him? It's not worth it. This strong arm stuff doesn't work with modern pampered players.

If a player wants out of the club just fuck him off. Logic dictates that as soon as the market is aware a player wants to leave your bargaining position lessens, doesn't matter if it's this season or next. The only way you get your valuation or more is a bidding war. If he wants to only go to Bayern (seems weird) or no one else will offer over €70m then we either settle or lose him for €30m next summer. He isn't going to re-sign, he can make himself €20m as a signing on fee if he goes on a free transfer. Easy money.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
He has two more years left in his contract. What do you mean ?
You know that at this time players have the advantage against clubs... we can only "make" him stay for one more year then he can negociate leave for free at the begginging of 2025, so that means next year we will get less money in case we want to sell him... and that could result in losing a 24 year old De Ligt for free... THAT would be suicide...

If a player wants out of the team what the team must do is cash in and thats the same for any team in the world.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is why I can't get excited about signing players with 'potential' because you just know if they're not Italian or they haven't made their careers in Italian football then we ain't going to be the ones that use them in their primes anyway

It's hilarious that the Chiellini replacement is leaving the same window as Chiellini. Mind you, as I've said I don't really care about De Ligt he's just a great recent example that long term planning isn't really a thing any more if you're not at the top of the financial food chain.
This is the biggest problem. If we were still making CL finals we'd be in a better position and he'd be keener to stay. An elite potential player isn't hanging around for the team not winning a mediocre Serie A, especially not one that just scraped CL football. Nor are elite players going to join us right now. That's the current reality few will choose to accept. When you've got mountains of money in the PL and then teams like Barfa, Madrid, Bayern and PSG then we don't seem as attractive a proposition. If we had Newcastle money then maybe it's a different story, but we can't risk losing €50m on a player like him.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
This is the biggest problem. If we were still making CL finals we'd be in a better position and he'd be keener to stay. An elite potential player isn't hanging around for the team not winning a mediocre Serie A, especially not one that just scraped CL football. Nor are elite players going to join us right now. That's the current reality few will choose to accept. When you've got mountains of money in the PL and then teams like Barfa, Madrid, Bayern and PSG then we don't seem as attractive a proposition. If we had Newcastle money then maybe it's a different story, but we can't risk losing €50m on a player like him.
Also he wants huge wages rumours of bayern offering 11-13 million euros nett plus bonuses. We are in no position to offer those figures.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Listen guys... this may come as a shock for some of you (dont know why) but, leaving to Bayern Munich was the plan all along for De Ligt.

We all knew that was Raiola's plan for him, we all knew that he was going to leave Juventus (thats why he ask for a exit clause and thats why he wanted to lower that clause when we start to talk about a renewal)...

Remember Raiola's words from less than a year ago, he said that all was set for De Ligt to go to Bayern and the deal colapse and that it was "a real shame" and THEN he accepted Juventus offer.

De Ligt was going to leave sooner or later, even if we had won Sereie A or even if we had won CL, that was the plan and they are moving according to that, what we have to do is get the most money we can of the deal and thats it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not a problem, hes under contract for two more seasons. Pay up or he can rot here.
The problem is potentially bremer and Koulibaly won't be available next season.But yeah I agree we don't need hands tied approach against bayern who are demanding 50 million euros for Lewandowski.

Bayern offered 60 million euros plus bonuses for de ligt . (Giovanni Albanese)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)