Matthijs de Ligt (62 Viewers)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
He hasnt, I agree. But it doesnt mean he's a level below Demiral or Romero.
What central defence we could have had if the management was smarter. Locked for next 10 years considering their age:

De Ligt,
Demiral,
Romero.

Who cares about the 4th CB. You can have anyone with those 3 and you would still have the best central defence in Europe.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He hasnt, I agree. But it doesnt mean he's a level below Demiral or Romero.
Who said that. I said he has nothing on them.
Equally good or equally mediocre depending on the day they are having.
The only problem is the 2 of them had a salary of at most 3 million in Juve while MDL has 10 or 12. Romero cost, I think 13 million and demiral, I think, 17 or 22 and de ligt 85.
Mathematically he isn't worth the money we threw at him, since that money can be invested in other areas to make us stronger.

Yeah, I get it he has a lot of fan boys for his grinta and whatnot, but logic is still logic.
At 85 million and 10 - 12/year you should be the best cb in Italy and he is not.

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I hope he stays. Seems like a cool dude. He is expensive, absolutely. But I like that he is fairly all-around and has developed a lot. Can play deeper or in an aggressive role so he is easy to build around. Has grinta and is a leader. Has been consistent for a long while now, all of this despite his young age. I understand the financial aspects but looking at his profile, skill and potential... it's hard to come by anyone equal. Romero and Demiral have potential and would have been cheaper, but a drop in quality IMO. As I said, I'd prefer to build around him and instead focus on Demiral, Romero, Brenner or whoever, to step in beside him. Never seen the new dude we signed so I have no idea of he is to replace Chiellini, Rugani or is supposed to go on loan.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Wed be lucky to get 40M, Allegri has ruined him already
Allegri jokes aside , i want him to stay (preferably forever) but i don't think that's gonna happen . He is 21/22 and he's already on 8m salary , if he gets new contract what will his salary be ? Even higher ?

Mar 9, 2006
Allegri jokes aside , i want him to stay (preferably forever) but i don't think that's gonna happen . He is 21/22 and he's already on 8m salary , if he gets new contract what will his salary be ? Even higher ?
Man, i thought its 125 but its 150m:lol: No one is paying it
Juventus defender’s release clause is “valid” for €150m (£128.5m) and will activate from summer 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

The best what Juventus can get is something like 75m+ 1 or 2 players. Chelsea needs a defenders since Rudiger and Christensen are leaving, they've might offer money + Jorginho + bonuses, who knows.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)