Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Ok Do you think that in 1 year time they become from "nobody" to "someone"?
I mean - Romero - I dont know if I rate him that high but Demiral shown promise
Rugani shown more promise back at his age but still hasnt managed to break through...
What I mean is that they might succeed and might not - Anyway I think it will take more than just one season for them to become worthy of a starting spot...
Should Chiellini stay for one extra season everything I said might be irrelevant..
They might. Both have shown much more than Rugani -who had one season of top flight football with a promovendus- had at the time if you ask me. But that's up for debate obviously so let's not go there :).

Demiral and Romero have that tough guy aura I really dig in a defender whereas Rugani always was more of a clean defender. Too bad he just misses any sort of bite in his game.

Just sayin' give those guys the chance and they might show it. Speculating one year further is useless until we see how they perform coming season.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Our defense has been very poor without Chiellini and I expect him to play alot less in the next couple of years.

This signing is very important and much needed. People need to stop questioning the fee, wages or whatever other players think and trust our management. This will be amazing if it happens. This guy has star quality, an aura of class, leadership skills that are priceless and it's a huge fucking statement as well.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They might. Both have shown much more than Rugani -who had one season of top flight football with a promovendus- had at the time if you ask me. But that's up for debate obviously so let's not go there :).

Demiral and Romero have that tough guy aura I really dig in a defender whereas Rugani always was more of a clean defender. Too bad he just misses any sort of bite in his game.

Just sayin' give those guys the chance and they might show it. Speculating one year further is useless until we see how they perform coming season.
I accept your view

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Our defense has been very poor without Chiellini and I expect him to play alot less in the next couple of years.

This signing is very important and much needed. People need to stop questioning the fee, wages or whatever other players think and trust our management. This will be amazing if it happenes. This guy has star quality, an aura of class, leadership skills that are priceless and a huge fucking statement as well.
Correct. De Ligt is going to be one of the best CBs in the world for a very long time. Forget the fee and the wages, he's the type of talent that you don't miss out on if you can get him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

This signing is very important and much needed. People need to stop questioning the fee, wages or whatever other players think and trust our management. This will be amazing if it happenes. This guy has star quality, an aura of class, leadership skills that are priceless and a huge fucking statement as well.
I'm not saying we will get him and Pogba but I think we as fans need to change our mentality a bit. Especially if we pull something like this off this year. If we get someone and pay them high wages or a high fee (when a player is talented) we should be happy about it. We aren't the sort of club to spend our way into trouble, it must mean we can do it.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
No doubt De Ligt is tops ,but let not forget Demiral, who is a quality defender. I would keep him in the team this year. Romero is good but not on Demiral's level
he could stay 1 more year on loan at Genoa.
I do not care about Pogba if we buy De Ligt. I go after Ndombele for 1/2 the price of Pogba. He is a beast of a player with technique and is a great passer of the ball.
We will get some money for Higuain, Cuadrado and the 50/60 from Cancelo. At RB I would give Spina a chance. Alexsandro on the left and De Sciglo + a young player
as subs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying we will get him and Pogba but I think we as fans need to change our mentality a bit. Especially if we pull something like this off this year. If we get someone and pay them high wages or a high fee (when a player is talented) we should be happy about it. We aren't the sort of club to spend our way into trouble, it must mean we can do it.
Agree with you Salvo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)