Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Tuesday seems to be the day of announcements about De Ligt
Would be amazing. It really is a deal that most be closed quick, the competition is big. If we get De ligt I do believe we will sign him fast, at most it will be done before friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Tuesday seems to be the day of announcements about De Ligt
According to?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Mixed feelings about this: I'm happy and we're set with a WC defender for the coming 10 years and a successful heir to Chiellini. On the other hand, I'd really like to sign Pogba or SMS and improve our midfield. Because a midfield with Can, Rabiot, Ramsey, Pjanic, Matudi, and Khedira won't cut it in the CL.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think De Ligt is doing the best thing for his career - He is joining a team that is known for its defense and has 2 aging defenders which means he can take the reigns and be the leader...
Too bad it means no Pogba as our mid is still incomplete...

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Mixed feelings about this: I'm happy and we're set with a WC defender for the coming 10 years and a successful heir to Chiellini. On the other hand, I'd really like to sign Pogba or SMS and improve our midfield. Because a midfield with Can, Rabiot, Ramsey, Pjanic, Matudi, and Khedira won't cut it in the CL.
I understand, still I feel Bentancur, Rabiot, Can is three talented players who could suit Sarris type of football, + Pjanic and Ramsey. It's not bad.

Im not sure what will happen to Matudi and Khedira, they could leave.

If De Ligt comes it feels like no big signing will be made for the midfield. But you never know, lets see who we sell.

Cancelo, Khedira? Matudi?, Mandzukic? Perin? Cuadrado?

That would cover De Ligt and Rabiot, still we would need to ads a cheap back up keeper. Then who knows if we make a move for a cheaper solution then Pogba, SMS or Ndombele is also expensive but not as expensive as Pogba.

Ndombele or SMS could be done for half of the rumoured price of Pogba (United want atleast 150 million euros according to rumours, more according to some), and salary of Pogba would be atleast 15 million efter tax. I believe SMS or Ndombele could accept 6-8 million euros after tax.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
While De Ligt is definitely a great signing for now and the future I cant stop wondering if maybe we should have skipped on him to get a really strong CM
I mean when you compare the two teams - 1. With De Ligt 2.With Pogba - The second is obviously better as Bonucci might not be on top of his game but he is still a good defender overall (although not the one of 2017..)
On the other hand Pogba Pjanic Rabiot would mean total domination in midfield..
I just hope the sacrifice thing is BS and we could still get a great CM even if it means selling D.C or Dybala (who both I think can give way more under Sarri)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)