Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
My worry is that in 1-2 years Inflation may render that clause minimum on 150m as a steal when his actual market value may exceed 200m
If he was an attacker I would be worried too. For a cb his best years should be after he is 26 and older. So in 6-7 years he is about to start playing at his peak. Then I'll be worried. I don' t see someone spending 150m for a young cb in the next few years.

Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I rate him higher than Icardi and that guy would be going for 75m if not for the whole pr fiasco, that's just the market nowadays. and 3 points are 3 points either you're playing Juve or Spal, in the league I'd say it's a good thing that someone is consistently good against the small clubs, because most games Inter are gonna play against inferior opposition
I dont rate Icardi (not a fan of a poacher in todays football), but he is still better than Lukaku IMO. Lukaku always looks totally lost against quality opposition, and he is even worse in build up play than Icardi. Sure having a good goalscorer against lower table teams are also important, but with the price Merda is going to pay, he better also show up when they are facing top 6 teams.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
People are worried about his release but they don't realize is that 150m has never been paid for a defender and I don't think that will change in two years.
150 million + increased salary + Raiola’s commission. I don’t see other clubs paying that kinda money given they are reluctant to spend half that money this year.
Besides, De Ligt may not want to leave Juve that early.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
150M is not a problem for me. He's already a top CB so we have a chance to win the UCL now. It would be different if we were just developing him to sell him but he's already quite good and should help us immediately.

So the worst case is that you are improving your team for the UCL and then he leaves and you double your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)