Matteo Paro (3 Viewers)

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Before to call up Brocchi he can call up Maresca or even Blasi...ok its easy but Turkye will kick our ass if they come with theyr super youngsters like nuri sahin and the other gala youngster ardan

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I dont think Paro will get a NT call-up now...it can happen nxt year in Serie A depeding on his performances there...but not now

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Had Lippi did that he would have been called daring and wanting to rely on youngsters but Donadoni is called stupid.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
curi83 said:
Always the same thing: Donadoni has not convocated Paro but he will gave a chance to Brocchi from Milan (what a surprise as a old Milan Symbol...)and Aquilani from Roma. And Mauri from Lazio is also there.
Palermo as the first in the Serie A has 2 Players in the NT for the Turkye Game.
Lazio 3

Watch out:
Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Livorno)
Difensori: Oddo (Lazio), Zaccardo (Palermo), Barzagli (Palermo), Zambrotta (Barcellona), Materazzi (Inter), Pasqual (Fiorentina), Cannavaro (Real Madrid);
Centrocampisti: Aquilani (Roma), Barone (Torino), Brocchi (Milan), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Mauri (Lazio), Palombo (Sampdoria);
Attaccanti: Rocchi (Lazio), Iaquinta (Udinese), Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Milan).

Is Nesta and Toni still injured?
I dont know but i dont like Donadoni. I hope we will get very soon rid of him.

And for the discussion of the youngsters: I think that Marchisio, De Ceglie and Mirante will be at Juve still next Year. And some serious chances i will give to Urbano, Guzman and Piccoli. And if somebody leave then Sculli and Gasbarroni will be good Subs
:tdown:
Who are you kidding?

Juventus is too big club to have players like Piccolo, Urbano, Gasbarroni, De Ceglie and Marchisio.

I hope we get rid of them and buy some good, proven players.

P.S. Aquilani is much better than Paro.

Ramin said:

Not that I agree with Brocchi been in the national team, I dont think Paro is worthy of being there either. He's simply nothing more than a average player. You all think he's very good because we're winning every game, but then again its only Serie B. I dont expect him to have any chance once we return to Serie A.
:agree:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
mark83 said:
:tdown:
Who are you kidding?

Juventus is too big club to have players like Piccolo, Urbano, Gasbarroni, De Ceglie and Marchisio.

I hope we get rid of them and buy some good, proven players.

P.S. Aquilani is much better than Paro.

:agree:
Have to disagree here.. if we not let these young players play, we will never see what potential they have. It has been our problem for years, that we are not having any players from our youth teams.
Aquilani was not good at the begin either.. don´t forget what happend last season, we bought Vieira for 20 millions and we saw what he did.. I am sure that paro or any other youngster were gonna do the same or even better

Mar 24, 2006
Maresca said:
Have to disagree here.. if we not let these young players play, we will never see what potential they have. It has been our problem for years, that we are not having any players from our youth teams.
Aquilani was not good at the begin either.. don´t forget what happend last season, we bought Vieira for 20 millions and we saw what he did.. I am sure that paro or any other youngster were gonna do the same or even better

exactly good point :tup: , my twins brother :biggrin:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Maresca said:
I agree with you & Turk. over the last couple of years, Juventus players were "aging" & Capello did nothing to alleviate this situation. We were buying older players for high prices & not giving young players a chance. This may be ok for the short term but long term one has to have a team with a mixed age group. Juve & Milan were criticised in the CL because their players couldn't cope with the pace of the game & the age of their players. It was painfully obvious that both teams were lacking in youth. DD is right to give these young players a chance; they are our future.

Although I like Aquilani, I will not compare Matteo with Alberto, until I have seen enough of him to do so.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
Maresca said:
Aquilani was not good at the begin either.. don´t forget what happend last season, we bought Vieira for 20 millions and we saw what he did.. I am sure that paro or any other youngster were gonna do the same or even better[/QUOT

I agree
Most of all because if you see juve s history the agnellis always invest in the youngers in people grown in the club, with full love for the white and black colours.
And that made juve big.
On the other hand clubs like Inter invest in known players and never obtein results.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Actually Juve hasn't been big on homegrown players in quite a while.
The last two decades have been about getting rising youngsters/propects and turning them into stars. Kinda like Ajax's downline.

But thats exactly the catch!! You complain about not using the youngsters or thinking about the future, but it's really more complicated than that. There are many things to consider before putting them in the starting 11.

Juve is a big team, they suffer when they aren't in the top three finish of the league. This is the big responsibility which makes playing youngsters a big risk.

Only youngsters who can compete with the best will make it in, and thats kind of like a paradox coz who can compete when they aren't givin enough share of time?

But then again, who can guarentee progress when these youngsters are given their chance inexchange for team form/performance?

Luckily Serie B has presented the Juve youngsters an opportunity. Is Paro as good as Aquiliani or Barone? We'll have to look at his progress, but currently I don't think he's that much better than his form last year, he's just more exposed now.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Luckily Serie B has presented the Juve youngsters an opportunity. Is Paro as good as Aquiliani or Barone? We'll have to look at his progress, but currently I don't think he's that much better than his form last year, he's just more exposed now.
exactly this is a big opportunity to create a cohesive group of players and determining whether our young players would make the cut in serie A.

I have seen Barone play this season and hes been disappointing tbh. I would've liked if paro got a chance, but it was a long shot.

I didnt see him at all last season, so i can't determine the difference in his game or the improvements
But for players in his position the most important thing is getting the confidence and continuity of play. He obviously has talent but there r some parts of his game that he needs to improve and that will come naturally with more games.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Reports in Italy over the past few days did suggest that Donadoni was pondering a call-up for Juventus youngster Matteo Paro, but opted to not reward him for his fine form in Serie B.

“I monitor everyone,” explained the tactician. “I saw Juventus against Napoli and a few other games. Paro is growing, he has excellent qualities and is playing regularly for a big club

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)