Matteo Brighi (1 Viewer)

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
What ever happened to him?

at the begining of last season he was supposed to be one of italy's top midfielders, we loaned him out to parma for 2 seasons as i recall and now he has vanished!

is he still playing with parma???

do u guys believe he will shine again as he was a very hot prospect two years back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he is loan to Brescia i believe......

how he is playing i'm not to sure, havent heard or seen much of him.

shame really, he was the bomb at bologna until moggi decided to fuk his career up:down:

Sep 14, 2003
He's good enough to Captain the Italian U-21 team yet he isn't good enough to start a game with Brescia!!!!

What of Earth has gone wrong, is he really playing that poorly? Do we take some of the bame for his dip in form?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
He's good enough to Captain the Italian U-21 team yet he isn't good enough to start a game with Brescia!!!!

What of Earth has gone wrong, is he really playing that poorly? Do we take some of the bame for his dip in form?
he just needs to find his form on his own i guess.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
He was very good at Bologna, not unlike how De Rossi has starred for Roma this season. The reward was obviously a return to Juve. You can probably imagine how immensely disappointing it was for him then that he had to be shipped to Parma (probably kicking n screaming) in an exchange deal for DV. Worse still was how Prandelli never believed in him though the question must be raised on the player's attitude and mindset as well. Anyway, the combination of factors screwed him for the whole of last season.

He's now at Brescia and I'm not sure if its the same story as his stint at Parma. If anything, his situation's worse now as being in a relegation favourite is never easy.

Majed's right - the guy's on his own. It really boils down to how much he wants to succeed. A good start would be bucking up. Maresca in Piacenza is a good example. Time though, is not on his side; I can really see Moggi offloading him after another mediocre season. If he makes it, he can only come back stronger ... c'mon Matteo!

Jul 12, 2002
I don't remember Brighi ever having a reallly serious injury.

Matteo was and still is a player of very high quality. He is perhaps the most complete midfielder I have ever seen. He's fast, tough, agoood dribbler, strong in the air, a good tackler, a brilliant passer, a fine crosser, he'd good at organizing, he's got amazing endurance, and he even shoots pretty well (though that's his weakest point.)

He did not succeed easily at Parma, and this may have been due to many reasons, the point is that Moggi screwed him. This is a quote from Moggi last summer: "This year will be the year of Matteo Brighi." That shows the type of thing that was expected of him. To then be loaned out must have surely been a slap in the face to Brighi.

This year, at Brescia, he's playin gunder a coach with no ability to pick good player whatsoever. Perhaps Brighi will feature for the team later, but now, he is just a role player.

OP
KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    well his loan spell is supposed to end this season and he should come back to juventus! i realy hope he comes back and finds playing space. now with Apiah, tachi, maresca, tudor, davids i don't think he has space in our midfield to refind his best form. although i think moggi would probably bring him back and keep him in case Davids was released and juve didn't bring anyone to fill the gap! after all appiah and tachi have been pretty good in midfield together and i think brighi should be good enough to sub one of them and perhaps that could be his chance to prove himself again!

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
    well his loan spell is supposed to end this season and he should come back to juventus! i realy hope he comes back and finds playing space. now with Apiah, tachi, maresca, tudor, davids i don't think he has space in our midfield to refind his best form. although i think moggi would probably bring him back and keep him in case Davids was released and juve didn't bring anyone to fill the gap! after all appiah and tachi have been pretty good in midfield together and i think brighi should be good enough to sub one of them and perhaps that could be his chance to prove himself again!
    Good enough to sub one of them?!?! Brighi on form is better than both of them together. :stuckup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Ian, you're being a little harsh on Appiah, don't you think??

He's about the same age as Brighi and yet he's part of Juve's starting 11.

OP
    KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    this is taken from www.soccerage.com Worst 11 of the week for serie A Round 9

Matteo Brighi (Brescia)-When he was at Bologna two years ago his future looked extremely bright. But things are very dark for the youngster at present.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Ian, you're being a little harsh on Appiah, don't you think??

He's about the same age as Brighi and yet he's part of Juve's starting 11.
    Appiah is many things and a good player is one of those things, but he is far from complete. Brighi has everything that Appiah has and more, much more.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    I am happy that Brighi is considered has good prospect, but i cannot see him as a brilliant player. In my opinion, maresca is better than him. Sorry, if i am wrong, i do like him, but he has to work very hard to be a good player in the future.

Aug 1, 2003
    oh dear, this is one sad thread :down: everyone was really expecting something out of him, prior to the start of this season i read magazines everywhere bout brighi, but turns out he's on loan later.

darn, what a waste of such talent.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
    Brighi...

Not doubt the guy has talent.

However, the past few seasons had been very tough for him, and let's hope his self-believes had not suffered.

If you do believe yourself, nobody would.

Too many good players had disappeared because of that, and let's pray Matteo will not be one of them.

I certainy wish him well......

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
    He was very good at Bologna, not unlike how De Rossi has starred for Roma this season. The reward was obviously a return to Juve. You can probably imagine how immensely disappointing it was for him then that he had to be shipped to Parma (probably kicking n screaming) in an exchange deal for DV. Worse still was how Prandelli never believed in him though the question must be raised on the player's attitude and mindset as well. Anyway, the combination of factors screwed him for the whole of last season.

He's now at Brescia and I'm not sure if its the same story as his stint at Parma. If anything, his situation's worse now as being in a relegation favourite is never easy.

Majed's right - the guy's on his own. It really boils down to how much he wants to succeed. A good start would be bucking up. Maresca in Piacenza is a good example. Time though, is not on his side; I can really see Moggi offloading him after another mediocre season. If he makes it, he can only come back stronger ... c'mon Matteo!
    Okay its easy to say it is all Moggi's fault, even if maybe he was but is it not up to the player to stick 2 fingers at Moggi and show his mettle , if he is really is that good then he would be kicking serious butt
    I have to be perfectly honest when I saw him at Bologna he was awesome but when he came back to Juve and in the pre season games he was not all that and at parma he was dreadful, no matter the reason, he is not better than all the players at parma so how dare he think it was downward step, there are worse teams to go and on the flipside of the coin he should have been proud that Parma deemed him paramount to any talks with Juve

And everytime I saw him for the azzurini , he didn't look too good either infact most times i never noticed him on the pitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)