Matteo Brighi (1 Viewer)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Okay its easy to say it is all Moggi's fault, even if maybe he was but is it not up to the player to stick 2 fingers at Moggi and show his mettle , if he is really is that good then he would be kicking serious butt
I have to be perfectly honest when I saw him at Bologna he was awesome but when he came back to Juve and in the pre season games he was not all that and at parma he was dreadful, no matter the reason, he is not better than all the players at parma so how dare he think it was downward step, there are worse teams to go and on the flipside of the coin he should have been proud that Parma deemed him paramount to any talks with Juve

And everytime I saw him for the azzurini , he didn't look too good either infact most times i never noticed him on the pitch
Fair enough but it cannot be denied that Moggi's decision had more than a small part to play in Brighi's downward spiral. I'm not saying it is solely Moggi's fault as it was necessitated by more pressing concerns. Back then, the circumstances conspired such that we absolutely needed an experienced striker due to the long-term loss of Trez during pre-season last year. Ironically, Brighi's brilliant displays in Bologna actually worked against him in that Parma simply insisted on the player as part of the deal. In short, Parma ripped us off (DV cost 26mil Euros) when we had our hands forced. In the business sense, it is better to barter a player than cough up the full amount in cash.

Thereafter, like I said, the player also has to take a long hard look in the mirror at his failed stint in Parma. That said, I've never had the impression that Prandelli believed much in him either so the outcome was obviously tragic.

But all these are irrelevant now. The important question is whether he can make a comeback? We're now talking about a player who has probably lost all confidence, desire, motivation and strength to continue where he left off. I can only lament his misfortune of having to tread a more difficult career-path when it might have been averted. If it were up to me, on hindsight, given DV's output last season, I'd never have made the deal had I known Brighi would pan out like this. Then again, it could be argued that he'd never cut it with Juve with a similar mentality when the going gets tough.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by d.nico ] ++
Who has more talent, Brighi or Blasi?
In terms of who's better at their best, I'd say its Brighi. Blasi is very much like Tach with the potential to be a little better.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
brighi was being hailed as davids' replacement back when it was certain davids' was going to leave for roma.

at parma, he was given limited chances and the coach wanted his bologna form showing from the first time he stepped onto the pitch in a pram shirt. he needed more time which the coach wasnt willing to give him.

but at brescia, a club where he is the main midfielder, he needs to take advantage. miccoli and maresca both did this last season and moggi and lippi have faith in them and they are a part of juves team now.

i just think that once Appiah signed for juve, it might have broken Brighi's spirits for good. maresca and appiah are the future of juves midfield, not forgetting the new midfielder we bring in next season.

i think maybe we should just let Brighi move to a club who needs him. we did this with perrotta and he has played well at chievo.

Aug 1, 2003
my question is (sorry if the answer is already stated but some posts are too long and im, well, lazy :cheesy:)

we all know he's a potentially great player, what made him so.. quiet now? what happened that made him drop his form?

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
brighi was being hailed as davids' replacement back when it was certain davids' was going to leave for roma.
Brighi has a very different style compare to Davids. I read in media, they make a comparation between Brighi and Conte & Albertini. Note: The media published couples years ago when Brighi was shining like a medal.

OP
KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    lets hope he does a good season at brescia and earn himself a spot at juve next year!

OP
    KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    i just hate this..we (juve) have feked up another great player

i don't consider loaning him to parma as F**KING him!!!! after all parma is a good team! perhaps he just does not have what it takes!! i mean he did one good season at Bologna and he became the next best thing! but since then he has not delivered what was expected from him!!!

btw
    how old is he?

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    i just hate this..we (juve) have feked up another great player
    We (Juve) did not do that. He was on loan for couple years and he failed to show that he deserve to wear Juve's shirt. Let's hope someday he can improve his performance.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

Brighi has a very different style compare to Davids. I read in media, they make a comparation between Brighi and Conte & Albertini. Note: The media published couples years ago when Brighi was shining like a medal.
    yes, i agree that brighi doesnt have the tackling abilities of davids but he was the man that was going to replace davids in midfield nonetheless.

and i supopse loaning him to parma meant that he had a better chance of getting game time there so although i agree that moggi killed his confidence and heart by loaning him out, but he also gave him a better opportunity to at least play more often.

didnt pan out in the end.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

and i supopse loaning him to parma meant that he had a better chance of getting game time there so although i agree that moggi killed his confidence and heart by loaning him out, but he also gave him a better opportunity to at least play more often.
    So what do you think is the best solution for him?

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002

We (Juve) did not do that. He was on loan for couple years and he failed to show that he deserve to wear Juve's shirt. Let's hope someday he can improve his performance.
    yeah, but we didnt give him much in juve in the first place. We also didnt give much time to Henry and sold him off, and now see what's happen to him

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003

yeah, but we didnt give him much in juve in the first place. We also didnt give much time to Henry and sold him off, and now see what's happen to him
    We give much time for Brighi to show what he has got, even he was on loan.
    Just hope that he can improve his performance.

Aug 1, 2003
    if brighi was such a good player , he should be able to deal with the fact he needed to be on loan from juve. his strength lies in his physique, but i guess he's weak mentally.

and that is not juve's fault ;)

OP
    KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    i agree with that!!! i don't think it is juve's fault!!!! he couldn't prove himself at parma and so far at brescia he ain't doing any better!!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    A change of scenery might do Matteo a lot of good right now.

But then again, Juve is in a catch-22 situation, because it's obvious that the young man has talent.

They don't want to be known as "The team that gave up on Matteo Brighi"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)