Matija Nastasić - CB - Manchester City (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Same BS every year. We struggle in Europe, realize team has no creativity and ask for it, Marotta delivers something we don't need and some people forget and try to justify it all.

Did we honestly forget how frustrating it is watching our offense go through Lichtsteiner and Asamoah and our back 3 dominating the ball possession?
It is the same BS every year. But this is Juventuz.

I think people have also forgotten all of the magnificient long balls Bonucci has provided, shame on them for being ungrateful.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You can shoot the ball 50 yards away and it counts as a shot. The more important thing is how the chances are created and the defenses are opened up. From what I saw last year in the CL, it was the same types of half-chances that were difficult enough as it is to score.

This forum is too funny. Just last year the majority of the forum believed we had the best defense in EUROPE. Actually, I recall Zach saying that as well. So what happened? People can't have it both ways. A few years ago, it was about building a base of players so that we could purchase stars now. Before it was we have the best defense and possibly midfield in the world, now we don't. Which one is it?

It's like you guys take these transfer rumors and adjust your opinions around in order to justify the purchases before they even happen!
Read my post again. Are shots in those games were not from 50 yards away. We had 19 attempts from within the box against Copenhagen and 16 against Gala. Opposed to 3 and 4 against from those teams respectively. In both those matches we had a huge number of very good chances created. In fact, the only CL match we didn't have good chances in, was the snowfest in Turkey. Our finishing was very poor in out first two CL matches.

Of course we need creativity. I don't think anyone would deny it. But we also could use better finishing, and perhaps one more strong defender. However, we don't have the money for all that, and one can hope that Morata turns into a good striker capable of challenging Tevez and Llorente. So, a creative attacking mid and one more defender would be a good finish to the mercato. Hopefully we can sell someone like Bonucci. I'd prefer we give Ogbonna another year to see if he can improve his form now that he has had a year in the side and isn't coming off a year of injury problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Same BS every year. We struggle in Europe, realize team has no creativity and ask for it, Marotta delivers something we don't need and some people forget and try to justify it all.

Did we honestly forget how frustrating it is watching our offense go through Lichtsteiner and Asamoah and our back 3 dominating the ball possession?
Every year? You realize it's been two years back in Europe, and the first year was most certainly a success, making QFs with a forward line of Vucinic, Matri, Quags, Giovinco.

Your statement is rather foolish.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Read my post again. Are shots in those games were not from 50 yards away. We had 19 attempts from within the box against Copenhagen and 16 against Gala. Opposed to 3 and 4 against from those teams respectively. In both those matches we had a huge number of very good chances created. In fact, the only CL match we didn't have good chances in, was the snowfest in Turkey. Our finishing was very poor in out first two CL matches.

Of course we need creativity. I don't think anyone would deny it. But we also could use better finishing, and perhaps one more strong defender. However, we don't have the money for all that, and one can hope that Morata turns into a good striker capable of challenging Tevez and Llorente. So, a creative attacking mid and one more defender would be a good finish to the mercato. Hopefully we can sell someone like Bonucci. I'd prefer we give Ogbonna another year to see if he can improve his form now that he has had a year in the side and isn't coming off a year of injury problems.
I read your post and was making a point. Just because we had chances in the box doesn't mean it was a good chance. Like I said, from what I remember seeing, most chances were 50/50 type chances in the box.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

What you're saying actually puts all the blame on Conte's 3-5-2. Marotta has nothing to do with that. And it's way too simplistic anyway.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
What you're saying actually puts all the blame on Conte's 3-5-2. Marotta has nothing to do with that. And it's way too simplistic anyway.
No it doesn't. Conte's 3-5-2 having a role in this state of things is one thing but the fact that we lack creativity up front is a whole different story.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No it doesn't. Conte's 3-5-2 having a role in this state of things is one thing but the fact that we lack creativity up front is a whole different story.
Only last year we added Tevez and Llorente. If that's not enough, it never will be. Lacking creativity up front is not their fault, it's greatly due to the system.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

That's actually Contes fault. He chooses the formation/tactics. So if you see Asa and Licht trying and failing to put in a cross and beat their man constantly in a certain formation, that ain't on the management.

Let's be honest, the board has provided Conte with a squad that should be making the QF of the CL (with a touch of luck of course) - Conte used to needlessly play pussy style football in Europe AND never take responsibility for how the team performed.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
That's actually Contes fault. He chooses the formation/tactics. So if you see Asa and Licht trying and failing to put in a cross and beat their man constantly in a certain formation, that ain't on the management.

Let's be honest, the board has provided Conte with a squad that should be making the QF of the CL (with a touch of luck of course) - Conte used to needlessly play pussy style football in Europe AND never take responsibility for how the team performed.
I agree about Conte, but that is mostly why I don't like this years mercato. Management should have injected this years squad with some good offensive creativity. We still don't have anything in that department and Allegri will be forced to use the same strategies Conte did or use a 4-3-1-2 without the creative players that formation really needs.

And through all of this, nobody has thought about the fact that our most creative player, Pirlo, could decline at any moment now. I'm guessing we're going to use a 4-3-1-2 with Marchisio behind the strikers to protect Pirlo even more which will force us to sacrifice the needed offense that a real trequartista behind the strikers could have offered.

Jul 20, 2012

Exactly. He always used the excuse that we didn't have the squad for a 4-3-3, but that isn't the only formation and we didn't have a squad for a 3-5-2 either. We were using wingbacks who aren't playing in their natural nor familiar position.

While this mercato wasn't amazing, we still brought some youth in and that is always good. If Allegri is with us next season, then we will see a mercato in which he wants, instead of what Conte wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about Conte, but that is mostly why I don't like this years mercato. Management should have injected this years squad with some good offensive creativity. We still don't have anything in that department and Allegri will be forced to use the same strategies Conte did or use a 4-3-1-2 without the creative players that formation really needs.

And through all of this, nobody has thought about the fact that our most creative player, Pirlo, could decline at any moment now. I'm guessing we're going to use a 4-3-1-2 with Marchisio behind the strikers to protect Pirlo even more which will force us to sacrifice the needed offense that a real trequartista behind the strikers could have offered.
Pereyra will play behind the striker most likely with Tevez. I don't see us playing a 4-3-1-2 as much as the 4-3-2-1. With the 4-3-2-1, Tevez will be positioned a little back, and in my opinion it looks like a better formation.

4-3-2-1

------------Buffon-----------
-----------------------------
Licht----Barz----Chiellini----Evra
--------------------------------
Vidal----------Pirlo----------Pogba
----------------------------------
-----Pereyra--------Tevez----------
------------------------------------
--------------Llorente------------

I just don't see Pereyra being able to link the midfield and attack, so by adding Tevez there it might be easier for him to drift wide and create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)