Matías Soulé (68 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
As long as he doesn’t spend a good chunk of his career at JJ.

goes to any club, he’ll win 5 ballon d’or, 7 UCL, 2 world cups and will overthrow Messi/cr7

stays at juve, form dull partnership with Keanlé, averages 15 goals, will be the vucinic to matti/quag, which are obviously kean/susan

is destiny
15 goals?

Keep him then. There is no I in YOUventus @.zero

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Attackers that join from other teams like Milik and Vlahovic look like a breath of fresh air at first and then turn bad. Attackers that leave Juve sometimes have a rainbow patch right after leaving, as if there was a ball chained to their leg and its gone.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Mentally easier also to play in Frosinone with not much pressure or expectations on him, doesn't need to prove anything. If he misses, he misses, he needs to be competitive against internal competition but nothing compared to here. Like others point out too, he attacks with more people and against more open space than when we attack opponents. Under Allegri, I don't think he would improve us much because we would move towards 343 or 433 but either way, he would carry our attack with Chiesa and the rest are basically workhorses that may do some running but not always and their mindset will be to protect rather than attack. I'm just saying, I don't think our performance would reap as much benefit as one might assume with his addition. Players also tend to regress under Allegri (although some improve defensively), so I hope he doesn't return in January.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Mentally easier also to play in Frosinone with not much pressure or expectations on him, doesn't need to prove anything. If he misses, he misses, he needs to be competitive against internal competition but nothing compared to here. Like others point out too, he attacks with more people and against more open space than when we attack opponents. Under Allegri, I don't think he would improve us much because we would move towards 343 or 433 but either way, he would carry our attack with Chiesa and the rest are basically workhorses that may do some running but not always and their mindset will be to protect rather than attack. I'm just saying, I don't think our performance would reap as much benefit as one might assume with his addition. Players also tend to regress under Allegri (although some improve defensively), so I hope he doesn't return in January.
One could get the thought that Allegri is putting that pressure on the players with all of their duties and such. A coach with a more liberal mindset that allows players to excel at what their qualities are might work. I think this is why attacking players very often excel in teams like Napoli and Roma.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
One could get the thought that Allegri is putting that pressure on the players with all of their duties and such. A coach with a more liberal mindset that allows players to excel at what their qualities are might work. I think this is why attacking players very often excel in teams like Napoli and Roma.
I think so too. I do believe that Allegri wants them to play with creativity, based on how he seems to approach it. I think he wants the 10 to be given full freedom but his risk-avoidance-personality gives mixed signals. It's like his message is: Control the game, play with full flair, from the defender to the attacker should be no longer than 30m, we need width, roam into open spaces, play with intensity, attack spaces, don't give away possession, play simple passes, pass vertically, and I could go on. It's like playing FM and just clicking on all boxes even if they are counter-intuitive.
I understand he wants the players to find their own solutions to problems on-field and I enjoy the idea of entrusting the players. But it is a team-game that requires certain clear ideas on how to transition, when to press high and specifically how, who distributes the ball in which areas. With all these instructions that are counter-intuitive he creates more problems for each player. Whenever someone gets the ball they rarely have someone to pass to. The only players that can do something are those with a vision no one else has (Pirlo, Dybala, Di Maria, and so forth). Dusan has been poor here, no doubt, but he is also playing down his own half and even then rarely has any passing options. Milik is better at it but it suits his style and how he wants to play. We are asking a poacher to be a target player (should do better, absolutely) and then complain about goals etcetera. Dusan is a huge disappointment but for the same reasons I doubt Soulé is ready to carry this team, I believe there are very few players that can consistently do well under these circumstances.
Allegri is a great tactician which makes us harder to beat because we adapt to opponents. Yesterday was very clear in how we stretched out and coped under pressure that it was all adapted to Inter. But it also means we have no philosophy of our own except we're aiming to not loose. If I only adapt to my environment I have no core of my own. Allegri is liberal in certain regards but his personality influences players to be risk-avoidant too and in some regards he is even too liberal and should be more hands on to create principles within the players can be more liberal in.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think so too. I do believe that Allegri wants them to play with creativity, based on how he seems to approach it. I think he wants the 10 to be given full freedom but his risk-avoidance-personality gives mixed signals. It's like his message is: Control the game, play with full flair, from the defender to the attacker should be no longer than 30m, we need width, roam into open spaces, play with intensity, attack spaces, don't give away possession, play simple passes, pass vertically, and I could go on. It's like playing FM and just clicking on all boxes even if they are counter-intuitive.
I understand he wants the players to find their own solutions to problems on-field and I enjoy the idea of entrusting the players. But it is a team-game that requires certain clear ideas on how to transition, when to press high and specifically how, who distributes the ball in which areas. With all these instructions that are counter-intuitive he creates more problems for each player. Whenever someone gets the ball they rarely have someone to pass to. The only players that can do something are those with a vision no one else has (Pirlo, Dybala, Di Maria, and so forth). Dusan has been poor here, no doubt, but he is also playing down his own half and even then rarely has any passing options. Milik is better at it but it suits his style and how he wants to play. We are asking a poacher to be a target player (should do better, absolutely) and then complain about goals etcetera. Dusan is a huge disappointment but for the same reasons I doubt Soulé is ready to carry this team, I believe there are very few players that can consistently do well under these circumstances.
Allegri is a great tactician which makes us harder to beat because we adapt to opponents. Yesterday was very clear in how we stretched out and coped under pressure that it was all adapted to Inter. But it also means we have no philosophy of our own except we're aiming to not loose. If I only adapt to my environment I have no core of my own. Allegri is liberal in certain regards but his personality influences players to be risk-avoidant too and in some regards he is even too liberal and should be more hands on to create principles within the players can be more liberal in.
didn't read

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 65)