Matías Soulé (26 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Not sure it's fair to say he had no chance, he was scoring goals for Tigre before earning a move to Genoa and is doing fairly well now, who knows if he was still uncapped he might be in the Argentina NT now, I feel he offers something different to the likes of Lautaro and Alvarez..

As for Soule he's probably looking at the likes of Di Maria, Messi who will retire in the next couple of years and even Dybala in terms of his injury problems and feels he has a better chance of being part of taking one of their roles.

Retegui has no chance. Soule is only using Italy to get called up for argentina. I am 99% convinced he's going for the albiceleste.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Wow two goals in what is it 6 games? How many does Berardi have in a team of similar stature?

It's gonna take more than two goals to convince me soule is top player material. We don't need players who hit the post twice as often as they score.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is him fulfilling his potential we should definitely sell now.
Agreed, but you need to factor in our financial position and accept that in the short-term we are going to have to accept average, inconsistent players.
In that sense it may be better to have someone young from our system for the next few years instead of using that money and picking up an average 30 year old, for 20-30 million on £4million a year wages that we are then stuck with.

As an example we offloaded Kulusevski and Bentancur; Two fairly average, inconsistent, young players on relatively low wages and we’ve done nothing with that money and space created in the squad to improve it.
If we kept them, we probably would’ve been able to sell them at the same numbers now and been no worse off.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
scored a brace in 37 mins:tuttosport: one sitter and one solo goal, Cagliari really sloppy defence btw

but also commited a De Ligt-esque handball in his own box lol but Cagliari missed the pen

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Watching that "defending" by Cagliari I'd put my house on them being relegated, that is a team not even trying.

As for Soulé, it's funny to see him playing better in Serie A than Serie C. There's levels to it and different arguments to be made about playing with better players, less hectic and kick and rush kind of football, but also likely that he's just improved and had a eureka moment with his confidence. His development is what we want in all young players. Shows that different ways work.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think he has just started to have that final bit of physical development from a teen to a young adult. There are always kids who take a bit longer to develop. In comparison to someone like Rooney who was physically developed at 16.

A season ago he looked like a kid but had good technique. His drop if the shoulder is excellent. If he can hook that up with an end product and with more pace/power he could be a good player.

I'd say in his time since his debut to now the development of him has been clear, almost on a game by game basis. I'm not saying he will reach anywhere like his level but the last player I remember seeing that with was Pogba.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Watching that "defending" by Cagliari I'd put my house on them being relegated, that is a team not even trying.

As for Soulé, it's funny to see him playing better in Serie A than Serie C. There's levels to it and different arguments to be made about playing with better players, less hectic and kick and rush kind of football, but also likely that he's just improved and had a eureka moment with his confidence. His development is what we want in all young players. Shows that different ways work.
Not so fast

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think he has just started to have that final bit of physical development from a teen to a young adult. There are always kids who take a bit longer to develop. In comparison to someone like Rooney who was physically developed at 16.

A season ago he looked like a kid but had good technique. His drop if the shoulder is excellent. If he can hook that up with an end product and with more pace/power he could be a good player.

I'd say in his time since his debut to now the development of him has been clear, almost on a game by game basis. I'm not saying he will reach anywhere like his level but the last player I remember seeing that with was Pogba.
He does look quicker but he also doesn't have to defend as much

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
because he may not be able to score these goals at high levels. I think his priority should be assists. A type of player who can play on the wings and behind the striker.
He has 5 goals in 7 games as an AM/Winger, and your first reaction is not good enough where's the assists?

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
He has 5 goals in 7 games as an AM/Winger, and your first reaction is not good enough where's the assists?
The kid is very good with the ball. But 1 assist in 8 games is never enough. I'm not saying he shouldn't score goals but he should also produce assists. his head should not be down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)