Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
Here is an article from uefa.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Moratti stands down at Inter
Tuesday, 20 January 2004

FC Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has resigned from his post along with four main directors of the Milan-based club.

Facchetti nominated
A statement on Inter's official website read: "Internazionale announce that president Massimo Moratti and advisors Marco Tronchetti Provera, Paolo Giulini, Angelo Mario Moratti and Angelo Moratti have given their resignations to the club's board of directors. President Moratti has indicated the name of vice-president Giacinto Facchetti for the position of president."

UEFA Cup triumph
The son of the most successful Inter president ever, Angelo Moratti who led Inter to win two European Champion Clubs' Cup wins in the 1960's, took over in 1995. With him as president Inter won a UEFA Cup in 1998 and were twice runners-up in Serie A.

Ten coaches in nine years
In nine years he tried ten different coaches and signed several stars like Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Christian Vieri, Roberto Baggio, Gabriel Batistuta and Hernán Crespo among others but did not manage to win the Scudetto. Inter won their last Serie A title in 1989.

'No drama'
Moratti, who still owns the club, said: "It is not a drama. This is a decision that allows me to take a step back to see things better. Nothing more. There is no change of ownership and this is something that happens at other clubs too."

Angry protests
Inter suffered a second successive defeat in Serie A on Sunday at home to unfancied Empoli FC, leaving them eleven points behind leaders AS Roma and prompting angry protests from fans.

Vieri speculation
It is not the first time Moratti has stood down as president. He did so in May 1999 in similar circumstances but was soon back in charge of the club. Sunday's defeat came after a week of intense speculation surrounding the future of Inter striker Christian Vieri.

Rumoured rift
Newspaper reports said Vieri was ready to follow the example of Real Madrid CF striker Ronaldo and leave Inter before the end of his contract. The striker's failure to attend an Italian Cup match against Udinese Calcio prompted talk of a rift between the player and the club. Vieri, suffering a muscle strain, missed the defeat by Empoli.

Frustrating year
Inter's chances of ending their 14-year wait for the title now look slim after another frustrating year for Moratti. He sacked Argentinian coach Héctor Cúper in October and replaced him with Alberto Zaccheroni, but after a promising spell of form under their new coach Inter have slumped again.

Ronaldo deal
Marco Tronchetti Provera, chairman of Telecom Italia and
Pirelli, who is a major financial backer of the team, also stood down from the club's board of directors. Pirelli own nearly 20 per cent of Inter's shares and were closely involved in bringing Brazilian Ronaldo to the club. Two other members of the Moratti family, Massimo's son and his grandson Angelo Mario Moratti and Angelo Moratti, also quit along with board member Paolo Giulini.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
MORATTI: "THE CLUB OWNERSHIP DOESN'T CHANGE"
Tuesday, 20 January 2004 09:33:49

MILAN - Outside his residence in Milan last night, Massimo Moratti made his first declarations after resigning from the Inter board of directors. He said: "It's not a drama, it's a decision that allows me to take a step back, which allows me to see things better, and nothing else."

Was the reason yesterday's [Sunday's] protest at the stadium?
"I saw one of the banners and it wasn't terrible."

But how did you arrive at this decision?
"It's something that on my behalf will give responsibility to who will take my place. I think Facchetti is the right person; it's an important role for me and it will allow me to be calmer."

But did everything stem from yesterday's [Sunday's] match?
"Yesterday's match certainly wasn't the best, from every point of view."

The majority of the fans can't imagine Inter without Moratti...
"The ownership doesn't change; this is something that also happens in other clubs."

You have given a strong sign which will make people reflect...
"If it has this effect, it's better."

http://www.inter.it/en/news/12214.html

Well I think sorry of the guy in some way that ppl. are against him as
president but very keen on him as beeing like a bank...

"we hate you, you are not a president material bla, bla, bla....
We need a new player give some $$$!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)