Massimo Carrera (3 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If only we could ban people for being morons.

---------- Post Merged at 15:07 ----------

No, Zlatan, you got it all wrong.

It's a conspiracy against Juve. And it came out now because, despite punishing Conte, we're still winning. Furthermore, those 2 girls must have been sent by the FIGC (or was it Moratti?) to harm us. I'm fairly certain they were paid to jump in front of his car.

It's all so obvious.
It's definitely FIGC getting back at Juventus for the Balotelli chants.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I would nip this in the bud and replace him ASAP. No need for the negative press and God forbid its true forget it. God rest the souls of those girls
I wouldn't go that far. Firing him based on an ongoing trial, where you are innocent until proven guilty, would almost be like the club saying he is already guilty. I say we stand by him.

And yes, may they rest in peace.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Wow, some people here are really idiots without perspective.

Two girls were killed by Carrera, that is not at question. In such situations as the case described I would say, from the information we have, that it is more likely her is guilty than that he is innocent. You have an obligation to adjust your driving to the conditions on the road, and him hitting three stationary cars doesn't look too good for him.

He killed two girls and that is much more important than juventus will ever be. If found guilty he should go to jail, I don't care who he is, and people making this to be a conspiracy against Juve are really idiots. Any person in the same situation would be tried, and rightly so.

As for why it has taken so long, I don't see anything suspicious there. Trials take time. You need to do am investigation, ask for expert opinions (on various things, what the weather was like, whether the car was well maintained and properly functioning, assess brake distances and tracks, etc), you need to schedule a pre hearing, the defense asks for time to gather evidence, you have various documents to submit and reply to, you have to wait for the Court to have a slit in the schedule, etc, etc. And this kind of case is not aa priority case, as Carrera is not being detained. If the person is being detained then you have stricter deadlines for certain things and the prosecutor and Court will give higher priority to cases which concern more serious crimes with intent and where the persons are detained. So criminal cases take time.

If Careers is guilty then lock him up, I hate rich assholes driving recklessly like they own the road (not saying he did that, but if he did).
Well you telling us about the process and why it takes time. Then you should also remember to inform people about priorities in these kind of tragic incidents.
The very first things which are being investigated in car crashes are if there were alcohol involved or if someone was speeding (I believe this is what you referee to reckless driving).
These two factors are fairly "easy" to determine. Once an ambulance arrive with the police, blood-tests are taken. And since Carrera didn't make a hit and run, it's therefore 99.9% sure that he submitted one that evening.

The reckless driving can be determined by the amount of damage inflicted to his own car. the other cars, skid-marks, car, GPS logs etc. etc.
In any case. What I just described are usually being investigated on the very same evening and as a high priority. And the results of the above mentioned factors certainly doesn't take 1 year to analyse - I can guarantee you that.

So what I'm trying to say is: If Carrera did drive while being under the influence of alcohol or driving recklessly, then he would already be in prison by the authorities.
And you being a law student or whatever, you should know that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well you telling us about the process and why it takes time. Then you should also remember to inform people about priorities in these kind of tragic incidents.
The very first things which are being investigated in car crashes are if there were alcohol involved or if someone was speeding (I believe this is what you referee to reckless driving).
These two factors are fairly "easy" to determine. Once an ambulance arrive with the police, blood-tests are taken. And since Carrera didn't make a hit and run, it's therefore 99.9% sure that he submitted one that evening.

The reckless driving can be determined by the amount of damage inflicted to his own car. the other cars, skid-marks, car, GPS logs etc. etc.
In any case. What I just described are usually being investigated on the very same evening and as a high priority. And the results of the above mentioned factors certainly doesn't take 1 year to analyse - I can guarantee you that.

So what I'm trying to say is: If Carrera did drive while being under the influence of alcohol or driving recklessly, then he would already be in prison by the authorities.
Not always. Reckless driving doesn't necessarily require an arrest to result in charges.

People shouldn't jump the gun in either direction. The incident happened in January and the hearing is in October, so there is evidence that the public is not privy to, with this being a criminal issue. The best thing to do is sit back and wait.

The disturbing issue may well be the handling of the situation by the club, Juventus and the person, Carrera. If Juventus knew the issue was apparent and did not make a contingency plan then that's seriously irresponsible in light of this summer's events (Conteopoli). If Carrera somehow hid this issue from the club, his employers, the that is equally reprehensible.

However, fans must realize this is still early days and Juve may well have a plan in place. So chill the fuck out and stop sounding like mongoloids. (Generally speaking)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I wouldn't go that far. Firing him based on an ongoing trial, where you are innocent until proven guilty, would almost be like the club saying he is already guilty. I say we stand by him.

And yes, may they rest in peace.
I just feel like this team needs no more distractions and if this continues to drag on it will affect the whole club.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
What I don't understand is why in hell did they appoint him when they knew about this? Another scandal is just what we need.

I feel sorry for the girls, RIP.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If it was an accident he should be fined, or obliged to do communitary work and receive speeches or something.

He is not a criminal, it was an accident...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
the 3 previous cars already involved in an accident of multiple crashes, that alone is a force majeure... this is very different than hitting stationary cars on traffic light queue or parked cars or pedestrians.

I mean the accusation itself, isn't one must get legally accused first so that they would need to investigate the crime and things that involving the accused?

and one would think that juve would've been more careful with this :sergio: if I were agnelli I would've taken precautionary step if my employe get involved in this kind of case. :sergio:

There is no way this is force majeure, the cars had an accident, they were already out of the car assesing the damage, so it must have been a minute or two before Carerra came along, there is no force majeure if an accident happens a few minutes before you arrive and you have plenty of time to avoid it.

As for the second thing, no, you do not have to be accused first. The investigation always goes first, how do they know who to charge before doing the investigation? And besides, even if it is clear who the perpetrator is, you still nee to conduct an investigation for the prosecutor to evaluate whether to raise charges or not.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Juve >>>>>> Two random girls I don't know.

Deal with it.
On the other hand, Juve > Carrera. Don't see why it's Juve > random girls though. Juve won't be punished from this, Carrera will and tbh he's only an assistant. Wouldn't bother me much if he stopped working for us.

I'm not saying you should care, but you're spot on with the first part of that sentence in plum.

Claiming it's being investigated because he's relevant to Juventus is completely and utterly stupid.

And I also have to follow this up by questioning why people have decided to rank Juventus and other human's lives, as if that is at all necessary to any argument whatsoever.
I like how you picked purple and described it as plum :shifty:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

THat is not the full investigation, that is the collecting of evidence. In such cases usually the police doesn't analyze the evidence (although, I have to admit I am speaking from my experience in Bosnian law, however european conteitnental law is similar), they only collect them and then they get analyzed by experts, usually road safety engineers, etc, who analyze what the visibility is like, whether the conditions were such that it would take a longer time to stop, the speed from the tire tracks, etc, from the evidence collected by the police, usually from photographs and written minutes. That takes way more than 1 night.

And then you have all the other things, like scheduling hearings, etc. You can't schedule a hearing for tomorrow after the incident (unless the court is deciding on detention), you need to send formal notices for hearings in advance, then the prosecutor isnt available or the defence lawyer and you need to reschedule, you need to give time to the defence to prepare their case, you need to organize coordinate everything with the thousands of other cases the court has... what I am saying is that it takes time for a trial to start, sometimes a lot of time, and that has nothing to do with who Carerra is.

BTW, its noot neccessary that Carerra was drunk or speeding, what is relevant (I presume) is if he could have avoided the accident using the attention of an ordinary driver in the given circumstances... depending on his level of recklesness he can be given anything from a probational sentance to jail time.

And why I said that about rich reckless drivers, is because we had two such cases recently, where some 17 and 18 year old assholes took their daddy's cars and killed two innocent people.

---------- Post Merged at 21:07 ----------

If it was an accident he should be fined, or obliged to do communitary work and receive speeches or something.

He is not a criminal, it was an accident...

You can go to jail for accidents as well, especially if people die.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
so apparently he wasn't drunk and he didn't flee the scene, those are criminal factorsit was an accident and unfortunatly people were killedbut I don't see any aspects for jailhe made a mistake and that's why accidents happenon the other hand some people here are reacting like morronsJuve maybe very important to all of us but when the loss of two young lives is involved we should put things into perspectivethere is no way any football game is more important than a human lifesome may call me a softy but I would rather be a softy than a person with no moralsCarrera made a mistake and he will probably be fine, lose his driving license or doing some community work but the biggest penalty will be living with the thought of having killed two people

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You can go to jail for accidents as well, especially if people die.
:agree: Happens all the time.

I know of a case where a truck driver went to pick up his cup and in that split second some idiot stepped into the road and was killed instantly. Truck driver did 2 years for manslaughter.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
i find it shocking he was hired with this hanging on him

---------- Post Merged at 14:20 ----------

had a bad lawyer

Don't know bout the lawyer, but you can definitely get jail time for accidents. Because it's not just abouw what you did or didn't do, its also about what you should or shouldnt have done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)