out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yildiz is given 15 mins of gametime when he should be starting. Huijsen has never seen the light of day at this club, Fagioli has played like 3 games because of his ban and Illing is occasionally used as a sub. Not sure exactly what you mean by that.
This is the most insane thing. We had our best period of attacking form in the past 3 seasons when Yildiz started playing. So what do we do? Bench him. Since then we have scored 15 goals in our last 14 matches. That’s a 41 goal pace over a full season. That’s a relegation team attack. What the heck happened to Magnanelli being hired to get our attack working? And what kind of complete and utter idiocy from Allegri and his staff that they have not even attempted switching things up to use a front 3 of some sort with Yildiz-Vlahovic-Chiesa? Insane. 3 wins and 15 goals in 14 matches during crunch time of the season from this squad is beyond inexcusable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I refuse to believe that our players are as bad as the results are. Yildiz, Vlahovic, Chiesa, and Bremer can probably walk into any top team. It's quite apparent that our current form is more psychological than anything else, with Allegri seemingly having lost the dressing room. Even if Allegri volunteers to work for free, he should still be kicked out. Does anyone in management really expect anything different next year if Allegri stays?

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
That's usually how football works. If you think your opponent can hurt you, make your team sit deeper and close the spaces.

In our case, we don't have a midfield that feels comfortable with the ball, so it becomes even more important to avoid losing the ball in bad situations. This is football 101. You're welcome.

We've seen Allegri try to set up higher line and try to control the game. It ususally works for about 10minutes or so, before our lack of quality starts to show.
The joke was that everyone looks like Real Madrid against us, but your explanation is depressing given that every opponent can hurt us and our midfield are always uncomfortable.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
This is the most insane thing. We had our best period of attacking form in the past 3 seasons when Yildiz started playing. So what do we do? Bench him. Since then we have scored 15 goals in our last 14 matches. That’s a 41 goal pace over a full season. That’s a relegation team attack. What the heck happened to Magnanelli being hired to get our attack working? And what kind of complete and utter idiocy from Allegri and his staff that they have not even attempted switching things up to use a front 3 of some sort with Yildiz-Vlahovic-Chiesa? Insane. 3 wins and 15 goals in 14 matches during crunch time of the season from this squad is beyond inexcusable.
He sees him as Chiesa's super sub. Someone to inject energy into the team and counter when we sit deep late on in the game. But with the rate Chiesa's playing it makes more sense to start Yildiz. In an ideal world we'd start both, but clearly that's not gonna happen. Motta's a fan of the 4231 supposedly, so if he does join I'd like to see them pair behind Vlahovic.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
They did, last week and it sucked balls too.

Jun 27, 2011
They did, last week and it sucked balls too.
It surely did. We tried to control the game vs Cagliari. It backfired heavily and we found ourselves 2-0 down. We've seen what happens when this team tries to keep the ball. Most of them are uncomfortable with the ball at their feet. And most of them aren't able to pass the ball accurately enough under pressure without us losing the ball. We naturally fall back, as that is what our characteristics are.

If we want to play in a different way. We need players with different characteristics.

If we want to start winning again, we need better players. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Nah, we only focus on defending and don't know what to do with the ball if we have possession. It's poor coaching. When the opposition presses us, we play so close to each other that our passes have to be accurate and fast so we get swarmed easily. In those situations, you need tricky players who can change direction and move past opponents quickly like Yildiz does and he makes space for himself like this. Chiesa is different, he is best running on to a ball with the defender backtracking because he should receive the ball in the final third. If we were to play with wingers and not wingbacks who are always deep for us, we have much more space to spread the play. Also, the opposition cannot fully press us if they see Chiesa or Yildiz sitting on the halfway line because one ball over the top and they have a clear run on goal. We simply don't think like this at all. Rabiot is a very good tackler so on interception, he only has Vlahovic to pass to for holding up the ball and you pray that the wingbacks come sprinting to support, but they are too deep to be useful.

The 3-5-2 doesn't work for this group, but I'm sure a flat 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 would be so much better. If we are indeed a defensive team, we should be deadly on the counter and should be coached as such. Unpopular opinion, but Kostic left wing in a 4-3-3 is far better to benefit from his assists than what he's made to do in this 3-5-2 because he can actually get forward and won't be faced by so many opposition players. Same goes for Chiesa on the other wing.

The smallest change this donkey could do is let the wingers in this 3-5-2 not go straight to the fullback position so that they are ready to burst forward. Instead, let a couple of midfielders move back and make a line of 5 if we're going deep. As soon as we get possession, both wingbacks have space to run into. I said this last season and now we're finishing this one so there is no hope we'll change tactics now. I can see us losing the Coppa to Atalanta, playing deep against them will play into their hands and I don't think we can recover going down to them because they create many clear chances.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It surely did. We tried to control the game vs Cagliari. It backfired heavily and we found ourselves 2-0 down. We've seen what happens when this team tries to keep the ball. Most of them are uncomfortable with the ball at their feet. And most of them aren't able to pass the ball accurately enough under pressure without us losing the ball. We naturally fall back, as that is what our characteristics are.

If we want to play in a different way. We need players with different characteristics.

If we want to start winning again, we need better players. Simple as that.
We need an actual football coach too. Not someone who is just collecting paychecks and can’t be bothered to do their basic job duties.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Nah, we only focus on defending and don't know what to do with the ball if we have possession. It's poor coaching. When the opposition presses us, we play so close to each other that our passes have to be accurate and fast so we get swarmed easily. In those situations, you need tricky players who can change direction and move past opponents quickly like Yildiz does and he makes space for himself like this. Chiesa is different, he is best running on to a ball with the defender backtracking because he should receive the ball in the final third. If we were to play with wingers and not wingbacks who are always deep for us, we have much more space to spread the play. Also, the opposition cannot fully press us if they see Chiesa or Yildiz sitting on the halfway line because one ball over the top and they have a clear run on goal. We simply don't think like this at all. Rabiot is a very good tackler so on interception, he only has Vlahovic to pass to for holding up the ball and you pray that the wingbacks come sprinting to support, but they are too deep to be useful.

The 3-5-2 doesn't work for this group, but I'm sure a flat 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 would be so much better. If we are indeed a defensive team, we should be deadly on the counter and should be coached as such. Unpopular opinion, but Kostic left wing in a 4-3-3 is far better to benefit from his assists than what he's made to do in this 3-5-2 because he can actually get forward and won't be faced by so many opposition players. Same goes for Chiesa on the other wing.

The smallest change this donkey could do is let the wingers in this 3-5-2 not go straight to the fullback position so that they are ready to burst forward. Instead, let a couple of midfielders move back and make a line of 5 if we're going deep. As soon as we get possession, both wingbacks have space to run into. I said this last season and now we're finishing this one so there is no hope we'll change tactics now. I can see us losing the Coppa to Atalanta, playing deep against them will play into their hands and I don't think we can recover going down to them because they create many clear chances.
Why are you posting such logical and rational stuff like this here? Don't you know that since Allegri 2.0 this thread is only for trollings, nonsense and "great coach"?

Save your brain cells for more meaningful things, delete all the words and simply edit the post to #AllegriOut:heart:

Jun 27, 2011
We need an actual football coach too. Not someone who is just collecting paychecks and can’t be bothered to do their basic job duties.
This is the sort of reasoning I take with a pinch of salt. You could actually make an argument for us sacking Allegri. But this one ain't a valid one for me.

He's (most likely) about to qualify for the champions league. And he's in the final coppa. That is as much of a success as anybody realistically could've hoped for when this season started.
Do we play ugly football, yes. That's an argument you could be making instead of blaming Allegri for not being an actual coach. He's our second most successful coach in history.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Announce extension

#LiveAhead

- - - Updated - - -

Jj would be foolish to fire an experienced paisan only to hire a less experienced paisan. Just think about it.
I agree we don’t want to waste future potential transfer funds paying off a bunch of coaches salaries that we fired.
EuroMax should stay.

Jun 27, 2011
Announce extension

#LiveAhead
Let him finish his contract. It would spare us some 30m+ for the transfer market. Allegri leaves, for free, next year.
Or fire him at the end of the season, to start a new project. Have an underwhelming transfer market.

I wouldn't be surprised if the latter happened, as Motta's contract is up, so he's free.
Other alternatives, not often mentioned, are also in play. Keep an eye out for Giuntoli going for Gasperini.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we keep Allegri. And he meets his requirements next season, again.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Motta and Palladino are impressive with zero pressure or expectations. It's easier to perform in those types of scenarios.

Inzaghi would be nothing without Beppe (which Agnelli gifted to sfinter) architecting the entire roster. He pissed away scudetti to Bbilan and Trashpoli.
Pioli is fortunate to have Leao and Hernandez and capitalize on a scudetto that Inzaghi pissed away.

No other paisan is experienced or qualified to usurp Max

Lifetime contract will be earned if he wins Coppa and secures CL

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This is the sort of reasoning I take with a pinch of salt. You could actually make an argument for us sacking Allegri. But this one ain't a valid one for me.

He's (most likely) about to qualify for the champions league. And he's in the final coppa. That is as much of a success as anybody realistically could've hoped for when this season started.
Do we play ugly football, yes. That's an argument you could be making instead of blaming Allegri for not being an actual coach. He's our second most successful coach in history.
Let’s replace him with the most successful coach in our history then- 85 year old Giovanni Trapattoni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 56)