out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But unlike last year, we also had a fully fit Chiesa this season...
Fully fit is a stretch. He plays a game or 2, then gets injured, fatigued and misses the next one

- - - Updated - - -

Out of 2600 minutes, Chiesa has played 1500 minutes.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But unlike last year, we also had a fully fit Chiesa this season...
Chiesa for Di Maria, Cambiaso/Weah for Cuadrado, McKennie for Fagioli. It's simply not a better team, it's just a less experienced team led by the same manager who failed 2 years straight. Hence why the results should be pretty similar as last year, even though we don't play in Europe this time around.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No need to go to extremes in proving a point, the squad is not great by any stretch but is surely capable of fighting for a top 4 spot in this inconsistent league with a handful of other coaches that would be paid way less too, so yes Allegri isn’t overachieving anything at this stage, he was doing surprisingly well until the Empoli game but then completely imploded and took us on another downward spiral similar to the previous two seasons.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Max Allegri:

"We are in line, even above the expectations we had at the beginning I really can't understand the criticism. I would have signed to be second at this point, we have ten points advantage over the fifth."

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
A serious question.

Can he deliver 4th place 11 rounds to go?

Please discuss.
What do you mean? Allegri fans says 2nd place is secured.

- - - Updated - - -

Max Allegri:

"We are in line, even above the expectations we had at the beginning I really can't understand the criticism. I would have signed to be second at this point, we have ten points advantage over the fifth."
Above expectation.... No we perhaps over achieved first half of the season in the sense we were winning games without any real identity or plan as always, and now severely underachieving because we are getting found out.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Fumingly mad throaters still discussing whether another coach could do better with this EXACT Allegrified team :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean? Allegri fans says 2nd place is secured.

- - - Updated - - -

Above expectation.... No we perhaps over achieved first half of the season in the sense we were winning games without any real identity or plan as always, and now severely underachieving because we are getting found out.
Back then they would say: "football is about winning, we won" when we scraped a lucky Raguno overtime scissorkick from the middle, to win against Lecce 1-0.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And unlike last year, we don't have midweek distractions, so we should be well rested and fit enough to defeat the likes of Empoli, Udinese and Cartellino Bomba.
Exactly what I've been saying, this of any Allegri season leaves him with no excuse, to actually work on things in training, I really had hoped I'd see an improvement in play or identity but we have neither. Its now apparent more than ever allegri can't build a team. Time to fuck off.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
And why would we expect anything different? Di Maria, Cuadrado and Fagioli aren't here this season (27 goals and assists). We replaced them with Weah and a bunch of teenagers.
I don't think people realise how poor(ly assembeld) this team really is.
The 3 players you mentioned weren't even that good (anymore) to begin with, yet we managed to significantly downgrade on them.

A serious question.

Can he deliver 4th place 11 rounds to go?

Please discuss.
I think so. Our advantage should be big enough.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think so. Our advantage should be big enough.
considering only the last six rounds we lost
- 13 points to bologna (6 points left, we play them at bologna, if they win then it's basically a 3 points advantage with them having a better head2head)
- 10 points to roma (10 points left)
- 6 points to napoli and milan (milan will most likely overtake us, napoli are 14 points behind)
- 5 points to atalanta (11 points left)

with 11 rounds to go, and jj down to a relegation battler pace, i'm really not sure we can keep 3 of these 5 teams behind us. and it's not even about yesterday, i think we played a surprisingly good game and if vlahovic was a tiny bit more clinical, that's an easy win. still, that empoli game completely killed our momentum.

also look at our schedule: atalanta (h), genoa (h), lazio (a), fiorentina (h), torino (a), cagliari (a), milan (h), roma (a), salernitana (h), bologna (a), monza (h). honestly, which one of those are expected to be comfortable wins? even genoa are in a much better form than us, we'll be shitting bricks for most of those games.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
- 13 points to bologna (6 points left, we play them at bologna, if they win then it's basically a 3 points advantage with them having a better head2head)
- 6 points to napoli and milan (milan will most likely overtake us, napoli are 14 points behind)

with 11 rounds to go, and jj down to a relegation battler pace, i'm really not sure we can keep 3 of these 5 teams behind us. and it's not even about yesterday, i think we played a surprisingly good game and if vlahovic was a tiny bit more clinical, that's an easy win. still, that empoli game completely killed our momentum.

also look at our schedule: atalanta (h), genoa (h), lazio (a), fiorentina (h), torino (a), cagliari (a), milan (h), roma (a), salernitana (h), bologna (a), monza (h). honestly, which one of those are expected to be comfortable wins? even genoa are in a much better form than us, we'll be shitting bricks for most of those games.
Depends how quickly we turn the corner. When you're in a bad spot then it seems you'll lose every game. Opposite and they all look winnable. Need to get a bit of confidence back. But we do show rookie levels of game management. It's to be expected in some regard.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Even with our injuries, we had a better team than Napoli last night. We handled their attack for most of the game. When we shifted out of 3-5-2 and pressed, we had a lot of dangerous moments. We looked shite when going to 5-3-2 because they overran us, self inflicted of course. Iling Jr and Chiesa when far out wide were great, but Iling Jr had to constantly get back to cover LB position. If we had a good passer and not Whackatelli and Alcarez who were carried all game, we split Napoli open and probably score a ton.

Missed opportunity last night, we're dropping so many points that we'll suddenly be in a top 4 battle. Now is that moment to make that formation change. Last night was a desperate attempt by Allegri to show his tactics work by using kids in such a high pressure game, but it failed.

I see plenty of talent that can be nurtured and underperforming players that need better coaching. The LWB and RWB positions are crucial in a 3-5-2 so shoehorning Iling Jr there is stupid, you put a more defensively inclined player there. The CM needs a passer, a bruiser, and a B2B to link the attack; we have none of these.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

I know better than to expect comfortable wins. :grin:

As things currently stand, I'd say only Milan have a decent chance of overtaking us.
I don't see Roma or Bologna keeping their current momentum going. And Napoli & Atalanta are too far behind us, I think.

Realistically speaking, how many points would we need to secure a top 4 finish? About 15, give or take? We'll get them, imo.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Nomatter how stupid we line up and play tactically, it is nearly impossible to lose points against all these Serie A teams. They are ridiculously poor and toothless. If you hope a Cagliari will deservedly win the game, then Rugani or Gatti appears in the 95th minute to save the day for Allegri. Trust me, rooting against this Juve to secure an early grave for fraud, is a tough and unforgiving job. However, it must be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 30, Guests: 347)