out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Call it an excuse if you want, if he was carrying an injury or they felt he was tired then it seems a pretty legitimate reason to leave him out. It is purely guessing from me, I have no idea why they rested him but he does fade after around 55mins, so it isn't crazy to think that he might need a rest.

It was home v Empoli, Milik and Vlahovic should have been fine. The red card changed the game and I don't think anyone would have predicted a red for Milik 15 mins in.

Milik and Vlahovic play quite differently. Milik drops really deep to link up and it could let Vlahovic stay further up. The idea should be Milik drops deep and plays it to Miretti/Kostic/Cambiaso to get forward. With Chiesa out and Kean away there aren't really many other options than Milik if you replace Yildiz without completely changing your system to play Illing or Weah off the striker and neither have shown much to suggest it is worth trying that.Other option would be Miretti as a 10 but Rabiot was out too. I'm not sure who else you'd go for.
salah plays 3 games a week at 31 years of age full 90+ mins.

juventus players chiesa and yildiz under 25 years old need to be cuddled after playing once a week for 50 mins.

no wonder the players look out of their element in CL. the training is garbage if the players can't handle more than 60 mins of football once a week

- - - Updated - - -

a 60 minute athlete at the moment

i like the guy like everyone else here but let's not pretend that he has 90 minutes in his legs

this was supposed to be an easy match without milik's fuck up. the lack of b plan worries me more than milik's red. shit happens in football, but you have to react. and we didn't really do that.
chiesa can't play more than 60
yildiz can't play more than 60
vlahovic can't play more than 70
kean can't play
kostic can't play
all the players cant play.

if all the players can't play once a week a full match, then the problem is the training. which has been pointed out multiple times by former players and other coaches of other teams.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Yes it would if they would have stayed together, smartie. It has been done multiple times before and was not an experiment.
It's not effective at all. Both are tall left footed No.9 target men, they dont compliment each other at all. When you're playing a 352 you need one poacher and one technical SS to back him up. Like Dybala-Higuain, or Lautaro-Lukaku.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Yildiz playing 60 mins vs 30 mins, how big a difference can that make to a 18 yo youngster that has been playing on all cylinders for nearly a month? We play once a week ffs.

On the flip side, for sure Allegri is not responsible for Milik's brainfart. But maybe he should change his longtime mindset on "rotate just for the sake of rotation".

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Xavi: “You asked me many times that if I'd be the Sir Alex Ferguson of Barça... the truth is that it will NEVER happen here”.

“You guys won't allow it — being Barça coach is so difficult”.

“You see how they kill you, they criticize you, it affects you”.
Maybe if he had played the 16-17 year olds he’d still have job at the end of the season. Oh wait :seven:

magician

Oct 22, 2022
Even without an early red, I think we would not win the match easily, with milik vlahovic upfront and then with the mid and wing players that were fielded, we would have a hard time scoring any goal.

Aug 2, 2005
We’ve seen Allegri give 17 year old Kean game time, 18 year old Miretti game time, 18 year old Yildiz game time. But sure, we wouldn’t see a far better young Messi play under Allegri. :baus: 3:
I am not comparing Yldiz to Messi..
Though,, Messi was always way too relaxed and still.
Shit happens.. Allegri chose to start Milik.. on a normal day, it should not be an issue.. yesterday, it didn't for a 2 second wrong choice by Milik.

The point is.. it was a stupid thing to say..
Replace it with "Milik showed great X,Y,Z during the week and was more suitable for this kind of game" rather than Yildiz is way too relaxed..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It's not effective at all. Both are tall left footed No.9 target men, they dont compliment each other at all. When you're playing a 352 you need one poacher and one technical SS to back him up. Like Dybala-Higuain, or Lautaro-Lukaku.
Effective or not. We would have won.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Too relaxed? :lol2: never have I ever thought that too relaxed was a reason to bench someone.
The correct translation is slightly different.

"Yildiz didn't play well against Lecce and he needed to recover the energy. He did well when he came on from the bench (against Empoli)... It's very simple. When you're doing so well as Yildiz did, and when you're always in the newspapers, you tend to relax. That's how I saw him after the Lecce match (too relaxed, not concentrated enough). I would make the same choice again, but yes, once Yildiz entered the pitch vs Empoli he did very well"

Aug 2, 2005
For me the biggest mistake was not bringing on Yildiz to start the second half or at least after we went up 1-0. We would have been able to hit them on the counter as they pressed for the draw.

Having yesterday on the field at 1-0 up all of Kostic, Miretti, Cambiaso, Sandro with man down..
It is already a complicated situation

In a normal game, we rarely see Allegri go for the kill with subs..
Normally, at 1-0 up, he would bring in the strikers for the last 15 or 10 or at even fewer minutes left
The first subs would be Mids and wing backs..

In this complicated situation..
No way he would have brought in a striker...
Maybe if Chiesa was fit..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 155)