out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Call it an excuse if you want, if he was carrying an injury or they felt he was tired then it seems a pretty legitimate reason to leave him out. It is purely guessing from me, I have no idea why they rested him but he does fade after around 55mins, so it isn't crazy to think that he might need a rest.

It was home v Empoli, Milik and Vlahovic should have been fine. The red card changed the game and I don't think anyone would have predicted a red for Milik 15 mins in.

Milik and Vlahovic play quite differently. Milik drops really deep to link up and it could let Vlahovic stay further up. The idea should be Milik drops deep and plays it to Miretti/Kostic/Cambiaso to get forward. With Chiesa out and Kean away there aren't really many other options than Milik if you replace Yildiz without completely changing your system to play Illing or Weah off the striker and neither have shown much to suggest it is worth trying that.Other option would be Miretti as a 10 but Rabiot was out too. I'm not sure who else you'd go for.
Allegri's main problem now is that he has a bunch of scrubs coming in once there are 3 or 4 injuries. We have so few quality players. Before he could have started a Milik or Kostic or Miretti but fielding all these guys and likes of Weah and Iling off the bench, there are no difference makers at all. So because he's not an attacking coach who commits players and makes attackers look better in this game we end up trying to get these sort of players to decide a close game. Lucky for us the emergence of Yildiz and resurrection of Vlahovic happened around the same time, hence our recent form, but there are always going to be slips. Red cards happen. Slips and red cards just don't seem to happen to Inter because they are special. But I expected us to finish 2nd for some time now (see above) so anything else would be a bonus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Max Allegri : “The team played a good match. We tried to win it with two favorable chances in the first half. Then we took the lead through Dusan’s goal. You can’t win every match , compliments to Empoli”

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri: "Could Yidiz have played earlier? In hindsight ghost towns are built. Making a point was very important today still and In the end we’re coming from a positive streak of victories and a draw is a continuation of that”
1. Miretti could have easily scored

2 Yidiz on when up a goal, see no reason for it. LOL would have great if Arthur was around to dribble around in circles all day.

One positional mistake cost Juve a win. Unfortunately Locatelli was too deep on the goal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No of course not, but he is responsible for selecting the right composition/mix of players. If there’s no balance you will force situations of bad decision making (to cover for others etc.)
But Milik’s red card had nothing to do with a forced situation to cover for others. He made a bad touch and lunged in studs up. It wasn’t in a dangerous position for conceding or anything of that sort. It was a completely boneheaded play from Milik.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
All it takes now is a loss to Merda next week and we can probably kiss goodbye to another scudetto. All well and good beating your Salernitanas and Frosinones but if you can't even beat Empoli at home then what's the point? Starting Milik was totally unecessary, this was said before the match started. Vlahovic and him were never gonna work together. Don't even get me started on Sandro.

This was not the time or place to experiment, we cant afford to be doing that right now. Just field you're strongest team ffs. Yildiz is an athlete, he doesnt need 2 weeks to rest for one game.

No of course not, but he is responsible for selecting the right composition/mix of players. If there’s no balance you will force situations of bad decision making (to cover for others etc.)
It's incredible that this actually needs explaining and reiterating to certain members round here.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Man that's such a boring stance to take

Relaxed Yildiz came on and looked better in his first 10 minutes than Milik has in the last 5 years ffs

Imagine Dortmund dropping Haaland as he started to gain momentum to play some fucking has been.

There's a point where you're too tough on the youngsters and your motivation crosses a line & they just piss off to a new club.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
All it takes now is a loss to Merda next week and we can probably kiss goodbye to another scudetto. All well and good beating your Salernitanas and Frosinones but if you can't even beat Empoli at home then what's the point? Starting Milik was totally unecessary, this was said before the match started. Vlahovic and him were never gonna work together. Don't even get me started on Sandro.

This was not the time or place to experiment, we cant afford to be doing that right now. Just field you're strongest team ffs. Yildiz is an athlete, he doesnt need 2 weeks to rest for one game.

It's incredible that this actually needs explaining and reiterating to certain members round here.
Yes it would if they would have stayed together, smartie. It has been done multiple times before and was not an experiment.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... Yildiz is an athlete,...
a 60 minute athlete at the moment

i like the guy like everyone else here but let's not pretend that he has 90 minutes in his legs

this was supposed to be an easy match without milik's fuck up. the lack of b plan worries me more than milik's red. shit happens in football, but you have to react. and we didn't really do that.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Call it an excuse if you want, if he was carrying an injury or they felt he was tired then it seems a pretty legitimate reason to leave him out. It is purely guessing from me, I have no idea why they rested him but he does fade after around 55mins, so it isn't crazy to think that he might need a rest.

It was home v Empoli, Milik and Vlahovic should have been fine. The red card changed the game and I don't think anyone would have predicted a red for Milik 15 mins in.

Milik and Vlahovic play quite differently. Milik drops really deep to link up and it could let Vlahovic stay further up. The idea should be Milik drops deep and plays it to Miretti/Kostic/Cambiaso to get forward. With Chiesa out and Kean away there aren't really many other options than Milik if you replace Yildiz without completely changing your system to play Illing or Weah off the striker and neither have shown much to suggest it is worth trying that.Other option would be Miretti as a 10 but Rabiot was out too. I'm not sure who else you'd go for.
There are other ways to play when you want to bench one of your best players for no reason (Max said he was fine and he came on like a lightning bolt). He's clearly fine.

We have flank players. Vlahovic played his whole life with wingers. Weah, illing, kostic, cambiaso can all play at the same time even. You can build up on the flanks instead of just saying HURR DURR MILIK IS YILDIZ NOW.

Why does it have to be a 9 playing in midfield? Why is a 9 impersonating our SS Chiesa, who is also regularly impersonating a SS btw.

What does this say about our chances next year in Europe when you actually have to rotate? So if Milik is hurt who plays up there? Gatti?

We shipped out Soule because the coach can't figure out how to put him on the pitch, remember?

These are FAULTS in his coaching ability. Well of course there's no other option but 532 vs Empoli. But of course

You can take a serie C coach and show him the players in training camp. He'll say ya no shit you should play Yildiz Vlahovic Chiesa no problem. Soule can come from the bench. Easy game.

nope not with Allegri. Imagine Yildiz didn't even fucking touch the pitch for half the season.

Jan 22, 2016
If the game is played again tomorrow, I would choose Milik over Yıldız again.Yildiz needed to be on the bench as I found him way too relaxed."

- Allegri
What the fuck is wrong with you max?shitting on a young player instead of accepting your mistake?

- - - Updated - - -

And please guys don't give us the energy consumption bullshit. Man city play with intensity week in and week out with the same players most of the time and they manage it easily.

No need to play with 5 defender and two 9s at the same time in these matches. Instead of having one more CB we could have feild Kenan or Weah, players who are more attack minded and finish the game in the first half easily.

Instead he kept fielding Sandro and one more CB.
We will never win something if we are not gonna be aggressive in attacking against these minors.

Beside these The way we played after going down one player was pathetic.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Xavi: “You asked me many times that if I'd be the Sir Alex Ferguson of Barça... the truth is that it will NEVER happen here”.

“You guys won't allow it — being Barça coach is so difficult”.

“You see how they kill you, they criticize you, it affects you”.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
There are other ways to play when you want to bench one of your best players for no reason (Max said he was fine and he came on like a lightning bolt). He's clearly fine.

We have flank players. Vlahovic played his whole life with wingers. Weah, illing, kostic, cambiaso can all play at the same time even. You can build up on the flanks instead of just saying HURR DURR MILIK IS YILDIZ NOW.

Why does it have to be a 9 playing in midfield? Why is a 9 impersonating our SS Chiesa, who is also regularly impersonating a SS btw.

What does this say about our chances next year in Europe when you actually have to rotate? So if Milik is hurt who plays up there? Gatti?

We shipped out Soule because the coach can't figure out how to put him on the pitch, remember?

These are FAULTS in his coaching ability. Well of course there's no other option but 532 vs Empoli. But of course

You can take a serie C coach and show him the players in training camp. He'll say ya no shit you should play Yildiz Vlahovic Chiesa no problem. Soule can come from the bench. Easy game.

nope not with Allegri. Imagine Yildiz didn't even fucking touch the pitch for half the season.
Wow, there is a lot of sensationalism here.

If Yildiz is not of fitness decision and tactical, then I agree it is a poor choice.

About changing the system. It seems foolish. We were on an excellent run playing 3-5-2, the players lack quality but do their job very well in the system Why completely change it for the benefit of Weah or Illing who have both shown very little? Can you imagine the reaction if we changed it and dropped points? Milik was the easiest way to replace Yildiz without disrupting too much. Lets be honest, if Milik doesn't get a red, we are almost certainly winning the game and nobody is going to be overly fussed about the decision.

I don't think Milik was ever going to slot in as a straight like for like with Chiesa or Yildiz. Nobody is expecting him to turn and dribble players. It is likely he'd play his usual role of coming short, holding the ball and laying it off to midfield runners. I've yet to see him play in midfield and don't see why he would today.

Clearly we'd rotate strikers if we play in Europe next year. Milik is 4th choice and I'd assume we'd hold onto Kean if we were in Europe at the moment. No we aren't going to play Gatti up front.

We shipped out Soule for a number of reasons. The main one would be to get him regular minutes and help him develop in a less pressured environment. It has worked out well and we'll get a much better player when he returns. I don't think many if anyone was against him going out on loan.

I hope we see Yildiz, Chiesa and Vlahovic together but we need them all to be fit to try it.

As I said before, it was home v Empoli. Without the early red, I doubt we'd have dropped points with the line-up.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Nothing says stupid pub talk like blaming a coach for a players red card. Especially when it happens like this.

I bet Allegri is furious with Milik. A player who should be experienced does something as stupid as this.

If our team wasn't as thin as it is. It wouldn't surprise me if Allegri never played Milik again.
Alex sandro still plays after all the shit he made...milik will be back in the midle pf february.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 148)