out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Once upon a time, the number of goals scored was the most important stat but this is another needles layer of statistics. I'd take us winning with 0xG in the CL final with Sergio Ramos scoring an own goal for PSG. Good players score goals when given the opportunity, end of story.
I disagree about it being needless. Stats are used more and more in the transfer market, look at Pool that won CL in 18/19 and league in 19/20 f.e., they heavily use statistics in their acquiring process as their Cherubini is a former analyst and they've been doing quite well with relatively low (if not negative) net spend before those triumphs.

Of course a naked xG hardly tells you much, but over a longer run of games it's a decent indicator.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
come on, this was the most one sided match we played for a while, including that 3-0 vs malmö.

in other words, genoa's xg was literally zero.
Bro, in the end of the day it's just one goal. It takes one corner, free kick, individual error etc to lose a goal. How many examples have we seen already when we conceded from the only shot on our goal?

Jun 6, 2015
I’d agree if there was any indication of us losing points. Look to Genoa’s injury crisis, they barely had any starting player. As I said missed opportunity
Yes and a red card could have drastically changed that, thus the need for that change. Pellegrini gets a red in the second half and we are here lambasting Allegri for not taking him off. It was the correct decision.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Bro, in the end of the day it's just one goal. It takes one corner, free kick, individual error etc to lose a goal. How many examples have we seen already when we conceded from the only shot on our goal?
i remembered the frosinone game when they equalized with their only shot on target, but i felt that yesterday was different. this was probably the weakest team we'll play this season. i didn't feel the win was at risk. :boh:

Jun 6, 2015
I disagree about it being needless. Stats are used more and more in the transfer market, look at Pool that won CL in 18/19 and league in 19/20 f.e., they heavily use statistics in their acquiring process as their Cherubini is a former analyst and they've been doing quite well with relatively low (if not negative) net spend before those triumphs.

Of course a naked xG hardly tells you much, but over a longer run of games it's a decent indicator.
I agree as long as you understand what xG is about and know what its limitations are. All good scoring chances don't end in a shot.

For example:

Player A is in a good shooting position but decides to try to pass to player B who is in an even better position but the pass is intercepted, xG = 0
Same situation but player A takes the shot this time, xG > 0

So xG is not about chance creation it's about chance creation that ends up in a shot, it's an important distinction to make.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What the fuck is this xGoal bullshit? :lol::rofl:

Why are the throaters now obsessed with this shit, lol, what a ridiculous stat
If you were on here longer, you'd know it was something originally brought up by dimwits like you, whining over the lack of created chances under Allegri, demanding that great sarrismo football.

It's just funny to see how their own shit works against them now, nothing more.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Easy opponents next four, so best time for the inexperienced players to get on the pitch. Now or never. Max really wants to wake up the team, bench baby bitch Morata. Shows Max is the boss. Especially to the young players that not even so called stars of the team get away with this crap. Plus most importantly he has underperformed.

Max has been too nice on the likes of him, Sandro and Rabiot meaning he continues to start them. Hopefully two of them got a message yesterday but Morata would be perfect timing after his exit yesterday. Maybe Max can find out Kaio and Kean aren’t Juve quality this season instead of wasting next year on it.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019

Too many variables to use xG for example, Ronaldo xG at Juve, United and Portugal will be completely different because of the tactics, systems and team mates. You have to analyse his movements specifically to appreciate what he brings. For Liverpool, Klopp will look at if a player fits his system before going to xG, only goalkeepers could benefit from xG data.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
come on, this was the most one sided match we played for a while, including that 3-0 vs malmö.

in other words, genoa's xg was literally zero.
Yeah, we dominated and were very unlucky. Other games we have dominated possession but created no chances. This time we created a ton. My worry is that Genoa played soft. There is one thing very clear to me about when we struggle...if we play against an aggressive opponent. Genoa had half as many fouls as we did. We need to figure out how to deal with aggressive teams. That's where a player like Vlahovic would be useful. He isn't only technical, but he is a horse. Morata and Kean both get bullied.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Created a lot of scoring chances and played much more better than previous matches. just need to be be consistent with the performance and solve finishing which is the main problem at the moment.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
4231 with Dybs as the "AM" is basically a 442 though. What really matters is whether the wingers are wingers or CMs.
I think since they have tracking data, they'd classify 4-2-3-1 as a more aggressive formation. So if the wingers and fullbacks are occupying higher areas, they call it 4-2-3-1. If it's the usual low block BS then they call it 4-4-2.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
This Allegri throater thing is ridiculous. No coach or player is above Juventus as a team. And of course my second favourite team after Juventus is Allegri. :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 228)