out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We won 90pts despite stopping to care after Ajax exit. With sarri we competed until almost the end. And Ajax, Atletico > Lyon. With Max we beat Lyon (and Porto)
Yeah, it wasn’t even close. Hilarious to suggest Sarri season was even close to Allegri’s last season. And that’s with Sarri getting De Ligt and Demiral to fix our old ass defense that started Rugani-Bonucci for both matches of a CL qf against Ajax. Healthy Chiellini or a De Ligt in the team and we play CL Semis that season and probably finish with close to 100 pts.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, it wasn’t even close. Hilarious to suggest Sarri season was even close to Allegri’s last season. And that’s with Sarri getting De Ligt and Demiral to fix our old ass defense that started Rugani-Bonucci for both matches of a CL qf against Ajax. Healthy Chiellini or a De Ligt in the team and we play CL Semis that season and probably finish with close to 100 pts.
:rofl: Imagine being so desperate to try to argue why Allegris season was clearly better than Sarris. Who was injured, who was not, how many points in the league etc etc. Both even got fired for their performances.

Allegri:
- CL exit to Ajax in Quater Finals
- Serie A win
- Coppa Italia exit in Quarter Finals, 3-0 loss to Atalanta
- Supercoppa win against Milan

Sarri:
- Cl exit to Lyon in R16
- Serie A win
- Coppa Italia loss in final on penalties against Napoli
- Supercoppa loss to Lazio

Thats pretty even to me, but I might be delusional since I dont see the huge difference here, right.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The results of that Sarri season were acceptable for me, but imo he deserved the sack for the manner in which the team played against Lyon, you can't compete for CL playing with that mentality and obviously we're aiming to do that, no point in just participating.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The results of that Sarri season were acceptable for me, but imo he deserved the sack for the manner in which the team played against Lyon, you can't compete for CL playing with that mentality and obviously we're aiming to do that, no point in just participating.
also worth considering what bonucci said the other day ("we thought cr would win the matches for us", "we need that pre-cr mentality back" etc) and what chiellini added ("cr needs a team to play for him"). i mean agnelli fired del neri after his first season, but after that, he hired only 2 coaches in 7 seasons before ronaldo's arrival. then cr arrived, and juve/agnelli fired 3 coaches in 3 years, despite the fact that 2 of them won the league.

obviously neither of sarri and allegri were fired because of results. allegri proved for years that he's capable of performing in the cl, so he could have had a pass for the ajax exit, and sarri could have kept his job despite the lyon defeat if he had any connection with either the club or the squad.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
:rofl: Imagine being so desperate to try to argue why Allegris season was clearly better than Sarris. Who was injured, who was not, how many points in the league etc etc. Both even got fired for their performances.

Allegri:
- Serie A win

Sarri:
- Cl exit to Lyon in R16
- Serie A win

Thats pretty even to me, but I might be delusional since I dont see the huge difference here, right.
You're using the word "might" incorrectly.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I want my wife to watch the whole game. That's what I want. Been waiting for 15 years. She'll come around or I'll hold her down some day, I suppose. But yeah, I'd be good with a clean sheet too.

Jun 16, 2020

Allegri:
- Serie A win

Sarri:
- Cl exit to Lyon in R16
- Serie A win

This is like a statistic with no context.

We won the competition easily in Allegri’s last season, while we were lucky of winning it with Sarri. I remember Gagliardini missing for open goal against Sassuolo at Inter and Lazio struggling aswel.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

Allegri:
- Serie A win

Sarri:
- Cl exit to Lyon in R16
- Serie A win

Comparing a banker to a sport professional :lol:

Maybe Sarri has some fancy football movements but he is rigid tactically , if you cant see this ... google football tactics

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Sarri stuck to his 4-3-3 system despite us having an inadequate squad for it, never changing once. Lazio would beat us in the Coppa final after beating us in the league and he never learnt a thing. I watched Sarri's Lazio last week and they looked good because that squad works for him particularly his midfield but again, it's very one dimensional and never going to beat any decent CL team. There is no question that Allegri is the better tactician. Sarri's stubbornness is the same mentality that Conte has and at CL level, Conte always gets exposed.

The one thing that screwed Allegri's final season was Ronaldo because he disrupted whatever Allegri's plans were moving forward. Yes, he's a great player but we didn't need him and an attacking midfielder or two for £100M would've had a much greater impact on our progress than getting Ronaldo. Also, that Ajax team was brilliant that season and despite looking crap in those games, I think we beat them with a fit Costa and Dybala.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The only thing that screwed Allegri's last season were injuries. We lost Cuadroado, Cancelo had a surgery, Mario was playing injured the entire 2nd half, lost Chiellini for Ajax, Dybala was always injured, Khedira got injured etc.

First half of the season we were by far the best team in Europe, the ease and conviction with which we were winning was incredible. We make it to the final 100% even if remotely healthy and then we finally would've had an equal opponent in the final instead of 2 GOAT squads on the other end.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 238)