out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Tiredness and deep sadness - these are two feelings I have right now. This is the end of the era. It's not only about Max leaving the club, although he was one of the pillars the Juventus identity I'm used to stood on for the last five years.

Everything changes these days. No Buffon and Barzagli in the squad anymore, and Giorgio is also bound to retire in a year or two. No stripes on the jersey anymore. New logo. New stadium. Considering how everyone seems to be tired of the defensive style of football, probably, the modern style of football instead of what used to be a Juventus hallmark is also going to be added to the list.

I know, it's all about money. Agnelli does everything possible to close the gap between Juventus and other big clubs, and the financial resources are the most important part of the equations he tries to solve. Considering circumstances, he does everything right.

But I cannot ignore the truth. It's been several years since I started to feel more and more detached from the club. Now I prefer to identify myself just as a curious observer, not as a fan. I dare to think that I know a lot of things about football, and I still enjoy some aspects of it, but it's not what I started to be a fan of two decades ago.

For many years Juventus was a single isle of sanity and true football in the ocean of plastic, faceless, generic clubs. Now I don't feel much difference, and the general direction the club moves in gives no reason for optimism.

I hope, it's only temporary. I hope, one day the football will regain what it had and what made me love this game.

My thoughts exactly

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Tiredness and deep sadness - these are two feelings I have right now. This is the end of the era. It's not only about Max leaving the club, although he was one of the pillars the Juventus identity I'm used to stood on for the last five years.

Everything changes these days. No Buffon and Barzagli in the squad anymore, and Giorgio is also bound to retire in a year or two. No stripes on the jersey anymore. New logo. New stadium. Considering how everyone seems to be tired of the defensive style of football, probably, the modern style of football instead of what used to be a Juventus hallmark is also going to be added to the list.

I know, it's all about money. Agnelli does everything possible to close the gap between Juventus and other big clubs, and the financial resources are the most important part of the equations he tries to solve. Considering circumstances, he does everything right.

But I cannot ignore the truth. It's been several years since I started to feel more and more detached from the club. Now I prefer to identify myself just as a curious observer, not as a fan. I dare to think that I know a lot of things about football, and I still enjoy some aspects of it, but it's not what I started to be a fan of two decades ago.

For many years Juventus was a single isle of sanity and true football in the ocean of plastic, faceless, generic clubs. Now I don't feel much difference, and the general direction the club moves in gives no reason for optimism.

I hope, it's only temporary. I hope, one day the football will regain what it had and what made me love this game.
i feel the same.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

It's not the same, part of appeal is gone and I get that but its still Juventus. Only hearing a name invokes passion. Over the years I just stopped getting emotionally attached over players. Players like Baggio, Del Piero, Zidane, Buffon, etc were Gods when ur a kid, but after Buffon left there was no one I would look up to. Im older than most of them :) Despite ever going changes, I enjoy Juve games and will always find those 2 hours per week for a game. But addmitedly I dont follow news about club as much and dont really care about any of the remaining players left, except maybe Chiellini.

Jan 22, 2016
Is still feel passionate about my beloved Juve, after 20 years of supporting, the first thing i do in the morning is news about my Juve. That won't change until I'm alive. This club gave me so much hope and life through the difficult periods of my life and I'm always grateful for that.

I keep supporting this club like a madman until I'm no longer on this planet.

Forza Juve

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I hated it when he first arrived, but I was deeply in love by the end of the 2014-15 season. Even this season when some of his flaws became more evident, I still thought he is arguably the best manager around today.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I hated it when he first arrived, but I was deeply in love by the end of the 2014-15 season. Even this season when some of his flaws became more evident, I still thought he is arguably the best manager around today.
he is a manager that can squeeze a lot out of difficult situations, but you can't help but wonder what he'd be able to achieve if his fitness staff was competent. a lot of our CL endings left a sour taste in mouth because Allegri was playing with a team that couldn't handle more than 30 minutes of full intensity football and always missed a keyplayer or several.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 161)