out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri: “Did Agnelli explain to you the reason for your departures? No, I was told about the decision on Friday morning, but I don't ask myself why. On Thursday evening I knew I was no longer the Juve coach after the meeting, but they hadn't inform me.”

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Tiredness and deep sadness - these are two feelings I have right now. This is the end of the era. It's not only about Max leaving the club, although he was one of the pillars the Juventus identity I'm used to stood on for the last five years.

Everything changes these days. No Buffon and Barzagli in the squad anymore, and Giorgio is also bound to retire in a year or two. No stripes on the jersey anymore. New logo. New stadium. Considering how everyone seems to be tired of the defensive style of football, probably, the modern style of football instead of what used to be a Juventus hallmark is also going to be added to the list.

I know, it's all about money. Agnelli does everything possible to close the gap between Juventus and other big clubs, and the financial resources are the most important part of the equations he tries to solve. Considering circumstances, he does everything right.

But I cannot ignore the truth. It's been several years since I started to feel more and more detached from the club. Now I prefer to identify myself just as a curious observer, not as a fan. I dare to think that I know a lot of things about football, and I still enjoy some aspects of it, but it's not what I started to be a fan of two decades ago.

For many years Juventus was a single isle of sanity and true football in the ocean of plastic, faceless, generic clubs. Now I don't feel much difference, and the general direction the club moves in gives no reason for optimism.

I hope, it's only temporary. I hope, one day the football will regain what it had and what made me love this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 130)