out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Max Allegri on Sky Sport Italia
“We had a lot of players struggling with fitness issues and the two legs were only a week apart. We had a young player like Kean in the second half, but there’s a knock-on effect, as it allowed De Jong more time on the ball and Ajax took control."
This quote bothers me a lot.
As much as this bothers me aswell, this is objectively true.
With Dybala going out, who played an AM, they did get more time on the ball and we couldn't handle the same pressure as in the first half

Dybala didn't do anything special but he contributed in handling the pressure and disrupting their play, something that Kean didn't
Imo the perfect sub would have been - Kean in for Berna

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I was highly impressed after the comeback against Atletico and thought Allegri got it "right" from now on. But he seems to cautious, too afraid to just go all out and attack. On this stage in the CL you simply can't rely on being too defensive, especially against teams like Ajax, City and so on.

Allegri is a great manager but I think you need some fresh air. Your midfield/part of the defense is a problem, but this is also big time on the manager with a wrong approach.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I was highly impressed after the comeback against Atletico and thought Allegri got it "right" from now on. But he seems to cautious, too afraid to just go all out and attack. On this stage in the CL you simply can't rely on being too defensive, especially against teams like Ajax, City and so on.

Allegri is a great manager but I think you need some fresh air. Your midfield/part of the defense is a problem, but this is also big time on the manager with a wrong approach.
We've conceded

2 goals to Man U
2 goals to Atletico
2 goals to Young boys
3 goals to Ajax

Far too much

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yeah, the signs been there for some time. The home game against Atletico kinda gave another impression, but if they played an aggressive game like against Ajax it would probably have been a different story.
But you have say Ajax are an impressive side

- - - Updated - - -

We've conceded

2 goals to Man U
2 goals to Atletico
2 goals to Young boys
3 goals to Ajax

Far too much
Half of those goals were conceded in set pieces

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Of course they are. But that doesn’t take away the approach was wrong from Allegri
We were great for the first 30 minutes but after Ajax scored through pretty poor defending we were really rattled and also there are fitness issue with the team we rested majority of our team but we still looked gassed after the first half

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There really isnt much need to say too much on this. The signs been there for a couple of years. What I'm waiting for is if Allegri is man enough to resign in the summer. And if management can find a coach genuinely more interested in building our gameplan more then he is interested in just adjusting to limit the opponents.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Allegri is very intelligent coach, but this time he really needs to think and act more responsiblely. No more "buy a good opportunity and I will somehow shape a team out of that" philosophy. We can't expect stable development when we made big tactical change every seasons. Even with clear philosophy coach like Pep and Kloop, they still needs years to deploy, but that consistent will reap rewards. Next season, if we continue with Allegri, they must be more honestly with each other, stick to a philosophy and plan from that. Agnelli:"I want the team play more dominance, no fear shit, what key players do you want and plan B, C...?"

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
There really isnt much need to say too much on this. The signs been there for a couple of years. What I'm waiting for is if Allegri is man enough to resign in the summer. And if management can find a coach genuinely more interested in building our gameplan more then he is interested in just adjusting to limit the opponents.

Unless Ronaldo demands a new coach Allegri will continue

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I look at our squad and can't help but think Allegri has struggled all season to find the right formula. We have a lot of talent and he has no idea on how to bring the best out of them.

We are boring, predictable, have what is in the top 3 best group of forwards to play in that final third and can't create or string passes to breakdown solid and well organised defenses..bar atletico.

There is a constant "wtf" is allegri doing when it comes to big CL games. Always one or two players where you wonder why he is on the pitch. DS over Cancelo...sit back...let opposition play their own game at our home.

Over it...needs to go. Bring in a non Italian manager. Over the BS.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
This awful football where the team depends on random moments and individual brilliance has been around since the beginning of the season. So it was naive to think that this squad had any real chance to win the champions league.

Regarding Eurocuck, it's way past his time and he has nothing more to prove. The players have their share of the blame but at the end of the day it's always the coach that installs the mentality and gameplan into his team. If you take the exact same lineup and give it to another coach then you'll always see a different game and approach. The psychological factor is big in sports. I for one am tired of this pussy football where CR7 plays like a CDM at times.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Let's hope Ronaldo demands one or two WC midfielders/CBs
Ramsey has already been signed so Zaniolo manolas and Chiesa and this team will finally help us achieve our dream

- - - Updated - - -

Max Allegri has reiterated that he is staying at Juventus, explaining ‘there’s still a lot of work’ for him to do in Turin.

Juve suffered a second successive Champions League exit at the quarter-final stage on Tuesday, going down 3-2 on aggregate to Ajax, but Allegri made it clear his side would dust themselves down and try again with him at the helm.

“Dybala had a problem with his quadriceps,” he said at a Press conference.

“Technically he didn’t have a great performance, but tactically he worked on De Jong, applying pressure.

“Kean gave us depth, but we freed up their game resources. Ajax have excellent players, play good football and aren’t a team of fools.

“They scored five goals against Real Madrid not by chance. It's not the worst elimination for us...

“It’s just an elimination: every season Juventus play for an objective. Sometimes you lose in the Final, others go out in the quarter-finals.

“The Champions League is strange: you have to arrive in the best condition. When you’re missing five or six players in the space of a few days like we have, it’s difficult to go on.

“I talked to the President a couple of days ago. I’ve already made my decision: I have a contract and I intend to stay. There’s still a lot of work to do.

“If I didn't have motivation, I would’ve told the President that I would be leaving at the end of the season.

“In these five years we’ve worked well: so many players have grown. We have young lads here.

“Winning Scudetti isn’t easy, two Champions League Finals aren’t easy. Everything seems easy: on Wednesday we’ll rest, accept the defeat and then prepare for Saturday.

“Going out in the quarter-finals mustn’t be a source of frustration, against a great team like Ajax: now we must prepare to win the Scudetto on Saturday.

“Winning isn’t simple: it consists of work and preparation. Then there are strong teams who are fighting to win too, but next season Juventus will have the same objectives.

“We can’t win everything: I understand the disappointment and bitterness. I feel it too, for the fans, club and players who had a good game against a great Ajax.

“Italian football will never be like Dutch football. Ajax went many years without these results.

“They have good players. Two years ago they reached the Europa League Final and it wasn’t by chance.

“They have a good system and a group of quick, technical players. They’re one of the best teams in Europe right now.”

Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival last summer was seen as clear intent from the Bianconeri that they were going all out to win the Champions League…

“We signed him to increase our chances of winning the Champions League,” admitted the Coach.

“We’re sorry for not going through but Juventus, with Andrea Agnelli, Fabio Paratici, Pavel Nedved and Giuseppe Marotta before, have had a great decade.

“We’ve built a lot, the value of our players has risen a lot and you can’t think it’s easy to win the Champions League, otherwise it would mean not being clear-headed and in contact with reality.

“Everyone said, ‘Ronaldo’s come, the Champions League is won.’ It didn’t happen like that, now let’s put all this aside and think about next season, when Juventus will try to win everything, including the Champions League.

“There are also other teams. Not only Juventus win…”

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Refreshing to see an outsider see it that our approach was more defensive than offensive yet some people here HAVE to point out that it wasn't the case.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
But who to replace him with Erik hag EDF inzaghi gasperini Conte look most likely options
Ajax coach
Guardiola
Klopp
Zidane

Zidane is a winner but he is Real Madrid`s now..
Guardiola - I personally dont like him but he is known for a good passing game and Im tired of ours
Klopp - I doubt he will leave Liverpool though..
Hag - Perfect as he is coaching Ajax who are not considered as a European giant.
He will probably ask for normal wages (compared to the others)
No reason not going after him..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We were great for the first 30 minutes but after Ajax scored through pretty poor defending we were really rattled and also there are fitness issue with the team we rested majority of our team but we still looked gassed after the first half
Football matches are not 30 minutes. Also in these 30 minutes we were pressing high and THAT'S ABOUT IT, we had absolutely no intention in using the possession more than the casual attack because anything more than that would have been considered :gsol: too risky :gsol:

When Ajax scored we got rattled but not because they scored, it was because we did not have any other plan. Our main intention was to defend the away goal and once that away goal was cancelled we were left out without a purpose on the field

- - - Updated - - -

What signs?

- - - Updated - - -

I look at our squad and can't help but think Allegri has struggled all season to find the right formula. We have a lot of talent and he has no idea on how to bring the best out of them.

We are boring, predictable, have what is in the top 3 best group of forwards to play in that final third and can't create or string passes to breakdown solid and well organised defenses..bar atletico.

There is a constant "wtf" is allegri doing when it comes to big CL games. Always one or two players where you wonder why he is on the pitch. DS over Cancelo...sit back...let opposition play their own game at our home.

Over it...needs to go. Bring in a non Italian manager. Over the BS.
He didn't struggle one bit, he fielded 4-3-3 97% of the time. The other times where we had a different formation we looked better only to revert back to the 4-3-3 the game after.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri is a black hole for talent. It is plain obvious to see.
He has been finished since Cardiff.
His brand of football is no longer relevant.
Ajax destroyed us with half the talent and much less financial power. They just have the right coach for the team.We don't.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
Correction : Allegri is a blackhole for attacking/creative talent

You can blame the board for degrading the midfield but yet again I see history repeating itself. It was the likes of Gattuso-Nocerino-van Bommel then it is the likes of Khedira , Matuidi and Can now. See the pattern ? The way the Marchisio episode was handled and giving a washed up sloth like Khedira a contract extension with a payrise at that just because he happens to be one of Allegri's favorites was an absolute disgrace.

Its not that we are not buying quality midfield players. I agree that the board have come up short but its also the profile of midfielders that Allegri looks for. Hardworking runners and tall physical midfielders and often the technical ability is compromised as a result.

Here's another cold hard truth. He plays young talent only out of necessity. He is NOT proactive with young players. The notion that Allegri is good with young talent is severely misplaced.

He is a top tactician no doubt about that, who can take a stacked squad to a certain level of consistency but that is where it ends for him.

This team right now needs better coaching to maximize the talent we have at our disposal and a better medical staff. Grinding out wins with ugly football can only take you so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 284)