out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Zizou was hardly even a coach before he coached Real Madrid's senior team and look at his results, shouldn't matter what a manager has won in the past but what he can do with the tools and players available to him at Juve is how I judge a coach

Is Gasp a risk? Aboslutely

He has shown he can motivate a team to play well and achieve better than expected results while not abandoning his philosophy and bending over for superior teams, we can't expect to play like that with Allegri because he is limited with play style and it's not just as simple as flicking a light switch on to get the team to attack more

That has to be coached every day in training and play all games in that fashion, Allegri will play attacking football when he has no choice like Real Madrid away and Atletico at home this season when you have nothing to lose by going for it

Allegri is simply too pragmatic and too cautious to consistently beat the top teams in a run of games which is what is required to win the CL unless you get given a godly draw like Real Madrid had in 2016

I haven't seen anything from Allegri that he learns his lesson and will change his ways to be more attacking, last year should have been a wake up call against Real Madrid yet he made the same mistakes against Atletico away by being way too cautious

His style makes it more difficult for us to win the CL but not impossible, I simply think a change of approach to be more attack minded will benefit us in the long term than keeping Allegri around
I was one of the first to say we need a more offensive coach moving forward, but Gasp is really a very very mediocre coach. Arsene Wenger is more offensive than Allegri as is Zeman but not anyone will do.

We either get another top coach with an offensive mindset (Allegri IS one of the very very best just not offensive) or I'd retain Allegri or return to Conte. Gasp for me is the kind of coach that is bad enough to make us lose Serie A.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Lets face it.. we are fucking spoiled.. just remember the days of losing 3-0 to ac Milan (Ronaldinho scored I think) and the week where we lost 1-4 to giovinco (brace) and palladinos (goal) Parma and 3-0 to Napoli with Cavani scoring a hattrick. That was in one week.

Now we are 15 points ahead of Napoli and winning so many scudetti...

I am frustrated as well with how we play and the result against Genoa. Frustrated with some lazy players who make millions doing jack shit.

Lets just hope we win against empoli and Ajax the upcoming matches.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Guys, since Zidane and guardiola are unavailable, who is better than our maestro?
Conte? Seria a is looking like it is guaranteed.
All this talk of changing coaches is pointless, no?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The only coach who might be available and could be interesting is Pochettino. Conte is, at best, a step sideways if not backwards.

Zizou and Pep are unavailable.

End result? Keep Allegri, give him a better midfield, and find a way to integrate Dybala into the team (clear the air talks if there is any animosity between them. After all, Allegri had that huge bustup with Skinny Legs and he's back and starting for us).

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I think we are lucky enough to have great manager like him , yes he is not Zidane or Pep (who i don't like) ... the man proved that he can play football (Atletico match) ....and the previous years we are playing well in majority of our games ... this year recruiting Ronaldo caused a lot of distracting waves in terms of player positions and that last match in CL shows that the team should be build around Ronaldo ..... Plus the tools in midfield are already missing .... it was tough for him ...BUT ...

Allegri now has no excuse ....Serie A , any one can bring it for us ...but CL ....finally Allegri find the right formula for this team ..finally the team peaked ...finally everyone in the form.... finally we can outplay other opponents in CL ..finally we have personality and domination and attacking identity ... finally Real Madrid out :lol: ...finally Ronaldo Mr. Champions wtih us .....their is no excuse now ....wining CL is a must now ... .....and i belive his seat will only be safe if he is bringing that big ears trophy into our museum cabinets ...

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Which midfielders Juve should replace?
In my opinion, we need at least two top level players. I'm not all that convinced by Bentancur so far, but I'm not opposed to keeping him for another year or two and seeing how he develops. I think Khedira can only go so much further with us and can be replaced. Can performed exceptionally well against Atletico in that specific hybrid role he had, but was very hit or miss otherwise and if we're not going to regularly play that style then he could be upgraded on. Matuidi I like for his workrate, I'd keep him just for that. Pjanic I do not like personally, but when on form he is great. He hasn't been playing well this season in many games, but I'd be willing to keep him and see how he does with more capable players around him, considering what he has shown.

We definitely need a player or two that can bring the ball forward, we very clearly lack that. We'd improve considerably if we had that ability.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
In my opinion, we need at least two top level players. I'm not all that convinced by Bentancur so far, but I'm not opposed to keeping him for another year or two and seeing how he develops. I think Khedira can only go so much further with us and can be replaced. Can performed exceptionally well against Atletico in that specific hybrid role he had, but was very hit or miss otherwise and if we're not going to regularly play that style then he could be upgraded on. Matuidi I like for his workrate, I'd keep him just for that. Pjanic I do not like personally, but when on form he is great. He hasn't been playing well this season in many games, but I'd be willing to keep him and see how he does with more capable players around him, considering what he has shown.

We definitely need a player or two that can bring the ball forward, we very clearly lack that. We'd improve considerably if we had that ability.
We already have signed Ramsey and I think we'll get at most another midfielder. For me it is difficult to say who should leave or stay. I also would keep Matuidi, Can, Bentancur and Pjanic, but if we get another midfielder (besides Ramsey) one of them must leave. It's hard to decide which one though.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We already have signed Ramsey and I think we'll get at most another midfielder. For me it is difficult to say who should leave or stay. I also would keep Matuidi, Can, Bentancur and Pjanic, but if we get another midfielder (besides Ramsey) one of them must leave. It's hard to decide which one though.
Khedira is the obvious choice. All the others have some reasons to stay,

Can, we just bought and is going nowhere
Matuidi has a purpouse here, in the starting 11 or bench
Pjanic is our best mid
Betancur is still a work in progress

That leaves 2 spots, one occupied by ramsey and the other which will ocupy khediras position.

We end with 6 mids that way.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Imo, unless we part ways with Khedira I don't see us signing another midfielder. It could be a bit underwhelming if the current midfield + Ramsey stay at the same level regarding playmaking and chance creation.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, it's only clear that our CBs need an upgrade, everything else is complicated. Any other position is stacked, if we want to sign someone new, the board will have to sell aswell to keep rotations balanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 34, Guests: 308)