out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
max said on several occasions - and i have no reason to question his words - that the team wasn't in the best physical shape lately. players like pjanic, bonucci, bernardeschi (etc) looked like some reborn men compared to the first leg. atleti eat us alive after the hour mark in madrid. dunno what happened, might be physiotherapy, rest, different training or food, or simply some magic potion, but physically, we were at a completely different level yesterday. i saw the first half an hour and i was like "fuck, that's intense, i wonder how long can we keep this high tempo", and most of the team never got tired. okay, spina and mario did, they were consequently subbed out, still, you get the point: it might have not been some crappy mentality lately, but - as max pointed out - rather bad physical shape.

:boh:
I saw both TBH. It was a night to forget. players looked phazed out mentally...we didnt even tried.

Totally the opposite of what i saw yesterday. Berna for example...ran the whole 90 mins...he played the full game! thats rare on itself.

I cant stress enough.....what we saw yesterday is the way to go forward,.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I don't think trying to reduce the pressure on the players is something wrong. They have enough to carry around. And I am very sure what Allegri is saying outwards is very different from what is being said on the training ground, in the changing room, and so on. Managing expectations is important.

The uninspired approach in the league is kind of understandable, I have come to realise in the past days. I can totally understand why it's not so exciting playing in Serie A where we are so superior. I am starting to understand why we muscle down opposition - simply because that's their approach toward us. We can go all Pep and win with 4-0 but that's not Allegri's philosophy and I accept that. I do, however, expect much more rotation because now we drain our starting players to win against Frosinone and the likes. I want to see our bench much more than what it is. Keane should have played a lot more, he's still young so we don't want too much pressure put on him, but every other week he should be able to play. If Mario and the likes can't accept that it is a squad game nowadays then... go away. That's up to Allegri to manage and rise above.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
max said on several occasions - and i have no reason to question his words - that the team wasn't in the best physical shape lately. players like pjanic, bonucci, bernardeschi (etc) looked like some reborn men compared to the first leg. atleti eat us alive after the hour mark in madrid. dunno what happened, might be physiotherapy, rest, different training or food, or simply some magic potion, but physically, we were at a completely different level yesterday. i saw the first half an hour and i was like "fuck, that's intense, i wonder how long can we keep this high tempo", and most of the team never got tired. okay, spina and mario did, they were consequently subbed out, still, you get the point: it might have not been some crappy mentality lately, but - as max pointed out - rather bad physical shape.

:boh:
:agree:

He also said he had wanted us to play in this same fashion in the first leg, but that he made different choices for the line-up and the team wasn’t able to express this, and couldn’t move the ball around fast enough. Basically implied he made some poor choices for the XI in the first leg, for what he wanted us to do.

I think sometimes people forget that there are two sides playing to win, trying to win, and that occasionally we will get beaten by a better side, or a side that just plays a better game than us. Atletico has been one of the best teams in Europe for 6 years now. They are a bitch to play against in the knockouts. Only us and Madrid have knocked them out in years. Simeone sets them up in a way that is very difficult to break down and they are masters of playing on the counter and taking advantage of set pieces.

Our offensive play is rightly getting plaudits for yesterday, but our defensive strategy was also fantastic. We took away all their strengths. Closed down their counters immediately. We didn’t give Griezzmann, Lemar, Morata an inch of space. Not a single shot on target by them. We didn’t give up a single corner or dangerous free-kick. Cancelo and Matuidi had beastly games in terms of ball-winning (11 tackles between them). Bonucci, Chiellini, Can had 10 clearances and 6 interceptions between them. It was a masterful performance on both ends of the pitch.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ive got to imagine some of it must be a mental issue.

We are in such a weird place thesedays as a club. 8 straight scudetti total domestic domination could basically win serie A and coppa italia by walking through games. The excitement for many of the players is probably negatively affected by that.

Then come the once every few months champions league games in which we are expected to come out of our usual coasting give full 100% play with complete intensity against top sides one bad game and you could be out. And we are now expected by many to win that competition or fail.

It cant be easy at all trying to manage that headspace.

You might think the ease with which we win our domestic league would be a benefit to our performances in european competition but im not so sure thats the case

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont think we could of played such a good game with Alex Sandro and De Sciglio in the team

I hope Alegri sticks with this lineup
And i think you are right.

WIth MDS limitations going forward and Sandro´s form... no way.

In fact im pretty sure we would not have made it if it wasnt for cancelo and spinazzolas works.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The interesting thing is that in yesterday's performance the most prominent players were the newcomers or people relatively new at this club. Don't get me wrong, everybody was fantastic. But CR7, Cancelo, Spinazzola, Can (especially Can!), Berna (who wasn't really more than another young talent before this season), who didn't have those past failures on their shoulders, looked the best of all of them (plus Chiellini, of course).

And, at the same time, the biggest fighter (except Giorgio, of course) of the previous version of Juventus - Mario - looked surprisingly irrelevant, like someone from the past who cannot keep up with the progress. And I'm really glad that Sandro missed the game, since I doubt he'd be capable of doing something even close to what Spinazzola did.

What I'm saying, it was the glimpse of the new Juventus. And Mandzukic - Kean substitution symbolically draws the line between these two states.

Don't want to jump to conclusions after only one game, but all of it is very interesting.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Man. We have looked finished for 2-3 months and he pulls something like this. We’ll see next round if he has only been trolling us. But I do think that him
finally resting most of the team before this game was crucial. I hope he keeps doing that.

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
The interesting thing is that in yesterday's performance the most prominent players were the newcomers or people relatively new at this club. Don't get me wrong, everybody was fantastic. But CR7, Cancelo, Spinazzola, Can (especially Can!), Berna (who wasn't really more than another young talent before this season), who didn't have those past failures on their shoulders, looked the best of all of them (plus Chiellini, of course).

And, at the same time, the biggest fighter (except Giorgio, of course) of the previous version of Juventus - Mario - looked surprisingly irrelevant, like someone from the past who cannot keep up with the progress. And I'm really glad that Sandro missed the game, since I doubt he'd be capable of doing something even close to what Spinazzola did.

What I'm saying, it was the glimpse of the new Juventus. And Mandzukic - Kean substitution symbolically draws the line between these two states.

Don't want to jump to conclusions after only one game, but all of it is very interesting.
Yep that's a very good point, Kean looks like a player who can become a starter, Berna is a very gifted player, he is the type of the player who could be much much better

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Yes Mario has been in poor form for some time now. Probably drained. On the flip side, he creates space for the rest by just breathing inside the penalty box. They have to put 2-3 defenders on him. Then Ronaldo enters the box. Some games just baffles me why we don't go route one and have to pass the ball sideways until the sun comes up. Ronaldo is probably the best header in the world and Mario is Mario. I can certainly understand why he continues being deployed despite being so out of form and fitness. But like we've said, he should have given much more rest and Keane should have been given much more space. I hope Allegri learns from his mistakes, which he does tend to do.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Finally he changed himself for greater good. You see Max? You don't need to defend to go through.

I'm happy for him. He was under enormous pressure these days. He needed this night.

Very well done
You say that as if this doesnt happen every season to try and justify your annoying criticism of him.

Maybe you have finally learned but i really doubt ot

Jan 22, 2016
You say that as if this doesnt happen every season to try and justify your annoying criticism of him.

Maybe you have finally learned but i really doubt ot
I was one of his only fans when he came to this club. So saying i doubted him or something like that means nothing.

I believed his time here has ended because he didn't add anything to our game unlike his first 3 seasons. Last year up until this game Max wasn't himself, afraid of changes and adoption.

It took him this long to change his mind about our approach to games and defensive subs.

That's why I'm so happy for him , to finally see him comes out of his safe zone and do the job like we should do with this squad and players.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Whatever he said to the players, do it again before every CL match. We need that attitude and fighting spirit if we're to break the curse and finally win this fucking trophy.

Ronaldo probably had something to do with firing everybody up, the guy's dead serious about his job and that can be contagious. He didn't come here to lose, if anybody didn't get this yet I'm sure they have by now.

I'm not even gonna go into tactics and what not, big respect for Allegri for not hesitating. He picked the right players and wasn't afraid to use his subs when the time came. Fantastic job.

I really wish this Juventus is the Juventus we'll always see in a CL match. It should always be.

Jan 22, 2016
Hope he keeps up this attitude from now on and i won't have any problems seeing him for another 5 years at the side line.

He is a respectful coach and the one who can handle big heads and stars in the team greatly.

I only want one more thing from him, and that's adding his second best player to the line up. I'm sure with Dybala in the line up we would be unstoppable against any team this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 89)