out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I haven't been watching most of your matches this season, only had the picture of you being up and down for most parts from what I've been reading in here - but when a coach got the ability to turn a result around like yesterday it shows he's a great coach and not finished.

Allegri might not be perfect (no one is), and he might not play the style of football some of the fans in here seek after, but he delivers results, no one can deny that. Of course are Juventus in Italy like Bayern in Germany far superior on paper compared to the rest of the opposition, but 5x straight league titles combined with 4 Copa Italia that's really impressive. Apart from that he has ensured Juventus to reach 2 CL finals, only losing to the 2 best teams of the past 2 decades, there's absolutely no shame in that.

And who should replace him anyway? I can't see one who could do it much better as here and now.

It takes a Bayern fan to see the forest for the trees.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
Still high off that win last night but now i worry we go back to playing boring/negative football. They just looked so good last night that i don't want them to change anything.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We knew he is a tactical genius but Max FINALLY changed the MENTAL approach

No playing to extra time

No taking things for granted

No reserving subs for ET

No sitting back after doing just enough in CL

He bloody put on Kean and Dybala while we led 2-0

Max of old would defend and wait out to ET without using all or putting in late subs and we would concede due to silly mistakes brought out by fatigue

My God I’ve waited for this moment for so long and I’m so happy it has finally happened
This is what I mean when I say he snapped. A year ago, instead we would sit back and wait for extra time while saving the subs. Instead, he smelled blood and went straight for the kill. Yes it was risky, but you somehow knew it would pay off. I remember reading the sub on the FotMob app and thinking "well, even if this backfires, no one can say he didn't set this team up to give their all in these last few minutes."

This is like when Gohan lost it and went Super Saiyan 2 while fighting Cell @Fr3sh

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Attack is the best form of defence in the CL. Has been for years now. He must realise this after last night.

Atletico were basically the typical CL juve last night and despite their amazing defensive record they got fucking shafted. Just like with BBC and friends we shipped 7 goals in 2 finals.

The positive subs at 2-0 and the relentless pressing was what we wanted and we finally got it.

In days past even if we somehow got the 2-0 we'd bring on barzagli and Bentancur and start inviting pressure. Even against Mous shit United that sort of tactic fucked us over.

I'll say the Emre can RCB/DM play was a fucking amazing move.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
This is what I mean when I say he snapped. A year ago, instead we would sit back and wait for extra time while saving the subs. Instead, he smelled blood and went straight for the kill. Yes it was risky, but you somehow knew it would pay off. I remember reading the sub on the FotMob app and thinking "well, even if this backfires, no one can say he didn't set this team up to give their all in these last few minutes."

This is like when Gohan lost it and went Super Saiyan 2 while fighting Cell @Fr3sh
Good reference

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Still high off that win last night but now i worry we go back to playing boring/negative football. They just looked so good last night that i don't want them to change anything.
I liked what i saw against frosinone, and definitely liked why i saw yesterday. Thats 2 games in a row that Max has shown he can be proactive and do not resort to defensive tactics at the first chance.

He must continue on this path. NO way to go back now.

- - - Updated - - -

It took everyone by surprise, including me, and i cant deny i was pleased. When he did the kean and dybala subs, i said to myself that even if we got knocked out, i was going to be pleased with the attitude. THIS kind of mentality is what win you games in the CL.

The game in madrid must have really got to him, because the backlash was severe.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I liked what i saw against frosinone, and definitely liked why i saw yesterday. Thats 2 games in a row that Max has shown he can be proactive and do not resort to defensive tactics at the first chance.

- - - Updated - - -

It took everyone by surprise, including me, and i cant deny i was pleased. When he did the kean and dybala subs, i said to myself that even if we got knocked out, i was going to be pleased with the attitude. THIS kind of mentality is what win you games in the CL.

The game in madrid must have really got to him, because the backlash was severe.

I agree with everything. The 0-2 defeat at Madrid did very well to him, was one those hard knocks in life. He's very good building the team defensively, but now he must accommodate to the fact now he has a lethal top scorer on the front that needs to be feed. He must realize his team's new potentials. That's how the top teams thrive in this competition. Simeone for example, is a great example how a defensive tactic would never work.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I was like 'no facking way you are subbing off Spina for Dybala' and then Kean for Mario a bit later. It was so strange because as you have said it, Id expect him to try to close the game with player like Caceres. Last time he tried to close the game in CL, it backfired, when he subbed in Barza against United. Max doesnt repeat mistakes. A lot of managers are set in their ways, so they insist on their methods, even when it doesnt bring results. Guardiola for instance, Klopp, Mourinho, Simeone, etc... There was an article how no one can describe the type of football that we play, remark was in a negative context. I find this our advantage. We can adapt to any team, we can control the game, or sit back when needed, we can change our game plan at any point during the game, multiple formations even with the same players on the pitch. One thing is sure, we are a bitch to play against and if this wasnt the case already, after last night no team would relish the prospect of facing us.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I was like 'no facking way you are subbing off Spina for Dybala' and then Kean for Mario a bit later. It was so strange because as you have said it, Id expect him to try to close the game with player like Caceres. Last time he tried to close the game in CL, it backfired, when he subbed in Barza against United. Max doesnt repeat mistakes. A lot of managers are set in their ways, so they insist on their methods, even when it doesnt bring results. Guardiola for instance, Klopp, Mourinho, Simeone, etc... There was an article how no one can describe the type of football that we play, remark was in a negative context. I find this our advantage. We can adapt to any team, we can control the game, or sit back when needed, we can change our game plan at any point during the game, multiple formations even with the same players on the pitch. One thing is sure, we are a bitch to play against and if this wasnt the case already, after last night no team would relish the prospect of facing us.
I disagree on this. I mean, i understand what you say, and i agree with it in some way...because we can change our playstyle accordingly. The problem was that as of late, we were having just a one dimensional defensive style, with crappy mentality.

The style you said , to me, was reminiscent of the Allegri of his first campaign here. Totally. Was a defensive oriented style, which could burst into attack and take people by surprise, it had cohesion and purpouse.

yesterday we played very positive and it was reminiscent of that mentality we used to have. In fact i liked us yesterday more because we were unpredictable and not dependend on a Pirlo/tevez/morata moment.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...The problem was that as of late, we were having just a one dimensional defensive style, with crappy mentality.
max said on several occasions - and i have no reason to question his words - that the team wasn't in the best physical shape lately. players like pjanic, bonucci, bernardeschi (etc) looked like some reborn men compared to the first leg. atleti eat us alive after the hour mark in madrid. dunno what happened, might be physiotherapy, rest, different training or food, or simply some magic potion, but physically, we were at a completely different level yesterday. i saw the first half an hour and i was like "fuck, that's intense, i wonder how long can we keep this high tempo", and most of the team never got tired. okay, spina and mario did, they were consequently subbed out, still, you get the point: it might have not been some crappy mentality lately, but - as max pointed out - rather bad physical shape.

:boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 124)