out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
That is one ridiculous post. What does it mean that we are first in the league and CL group? We were first in our CL group and Serie A all the previous years too. We are aiming to WIN CL, not just the group. And to win CL you need to play really well/smart/effective. Even if you play really well and get a good draw, the odds are still against you. So when we play some shit football, it doesn't inspire confidence that we have great chances of winning it. Many things must improve, and there is still a bit time for it, but it seems we are still taking the same lessons over and over again.
To win the CL you need to qualify for the 2nd round, preferably topping your group. Check. After that it's the team with the least mistakes that go on to win it. Last time we were shooting ourselves in the foot with some comical defensive errors. So far this year it's more like we are too wasteful with the chances created and I personally prefer this. It's all about fine tuning stuff and I have full faith in Max.
Just so you know when I say ridiculous posts I have nothing personal towards the posters. Just the posts.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Nowadays, one manager does not dictate how the entire team plays. Giant football teams like Juventus and others have an entire coaching staff and backroom staff who study football tactics extensively.

Željko Buvač (Serbian Cyrillic: Жељко Бувач; born 13 September 1961) is a Bosnian Serb football coach and former professional player. He is the assistant manager of Premier League club Liverpool, a role he took in 2015, and from which he is currently on a personal leave of absence. Current Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp labelled Buvač as "the brain" in his coaching team, while describing himself as "the heart" and the second assistant coach, Peter Krawietz, as "the eye". Buvač has been credited with developing the high-speed attacking style that brought success at Borussia Dortmund.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Željko_Buvač

I wonder if we could poach this guy as assistant-manager to Allegri.

Jan 22, 2016
Nowadays, one manager does not dictate how the entire team plays. Giant football teams like Juventus and others have an entire coaching staff and backroom staff who study football tactics extensively.

Željko Buvač (Serbian Cyrillic: Жељко Бувач; born 13 September 1961) is a Bosnian Serb football coach and former professional player. He is the assistant manager of Premier League club Liverpool, a role he took in 2015, and from which he is currently on a personal leave of absence. Current Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp labelled Buvač as "the brain" in his coaching team, while describing himself as "the heart" and the second assistant coach, Peter Krawietz, as "the eye". Buvač has been credited with developing the high-speed attacking style that brought success at Borussia Dortmund.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Željko_Buvač

I wonder if we could poach this guy as assistant-manager to Allegri.
Yeah Allegri and his staff know how to set up a defence but going forward they are clueless.

He badly needs an assistant to balance out the team.
Teams like Napoli have 1/3 of our talent in their locker but are capable of keeping the ball and distributing it. Even Spal outplayed our midfielders with their passing and movement.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Juventus is at top or near the top of almost every offensive statistical category. Number of passes, % of successful passes, possession %, number of shots total and number of shots on target, number of clear cut chances.

Interestingly, average in dribblings per game. Yet some would let you believe we only create through individual plays.

Jan 22, 2016
Juventus is at top or near the top of almost every offensive statistical category. Number of passes, % of successful passes, possession %, number of shots total and number of shots on target, number of clear cut chances.

Interestingly, average in dribblings per game. Yet some would let you believe we only create through individual plays.
You know, Sometimes you have to watch games

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
You know, Sometimes you have to watch games
Doesn't get better than 'watch the games' 'argument'. Haven't missed a Juve game live in 5 years, never missed one in general in 10 years.

You my friend need to differentiate between 'good' and 'beautiful'. Juve are playing good and that's a fact. 'Beautiful' or 'ugly' is a matter of taste.

Jan 22, 2016
Doesn't get better than 'watch the games' 'argument'. Haven't missed a Juve game live in 5 years, never missed one in general in 10 years.

You my friend need to differentiate between 'good' and 'beautiful'. Juve are playing good and that's a fact. 'Beautiful' or 'ugly' is a matter of taste.
No we don't play good football. Both Allegri and Conte in their first season with us their teams played good football.

I don't want us to play beautiful football because we will never play like that , i just want my team to have purpose and plan when having the ball.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No we don't play good football. Both Allegri and Conte in their first season with us their teams played good football.

I don't want us to play beautiful football because we will never play like that , i just want my team to have purpose and plan when having the ball.
Boy, if only we had a purpose and a plan maybe we would average more shots than we do now (20) and our players would have even more CC chances to miss.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Yes of course do we have plenty of shots and chances against Serie A minnows. But if you look at our squad, and Pjanic said it as well. This is probably the best Juventus team ever. The material and width is simply that good. Real Madrid and Barca are winning CL regularly when they have this quality of players. We are playing the most random football ever though. No plan at all. Players out of position, they are thrown in left and right to be able to play them all.

Btw I cant trust the intellect of a guy who thinks it is smart to do the famous Barzagli substitute. It was so arrogant. As if it was some sort of italian pride, to put on an extra CB and *lock it down*. And when he keeps playing Mandzukic and in random positions that is. When he is afraid of utilizing subs against small Serie A teams when we are 2 goals ahead and then gives them 2 min. There are many things going on thats simply too retarted. I like the dude and he is probably the most stable and among the best italian coaches, but I feel he needs a team that is twice as good as anyone else, in order to be able to win the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy, if only we had a purpose and a plan maybe we would average more shots than we do now (20) and our players would have even more CC chances to miss.
You are more than welcome to enlighten us about our gameplan. You can start by explaining how it works when we play 4-3-3 with Ronaldo - Dybala - Mandzukic.
Big boy.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes of course do we have plenty of shots and chances against Serie A minnows. But if you look at our squad, and Pjanic said it as well. This is probably the best Juventus team ever. The material and width is simply that good. Real Madrid and Barca are winning CL regularly when they have this quality of players. We are playing the most random football ever though. No plan at all. Players out of position, they are thrown in left and right to be able to play them all.

Btw I cant trust the intellect of a guy who thinks it is smart to do the famous Barzagli substitute. It was so arrogant. As if it was some sort of italian pride, to put on an extra CB and *lock it down*. And when he keeps playing Mandzukic and in random positions that is. When he is afraid of utilizing subs against small Serie A teams when we are 2 goals ahead and then gives them 2 min. There are many things going on thats simply too retarted. I like the dude and he is probably the most stable and among the best italian coaches, but I feel he needs a team that is twice as good as anyone else, in order to be able to win the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

You are more than welcome to enlighten us about our gameplan. You can start by explaining how it works when we play 4-3-3 with Ronaldo - Dybala - Mandzukic.
Big boy.
Coudnt have said it better.
Well done.

Jan 22, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Big boy.
Very good post.
Summed up everything that is wrong with Allegri and his Philosophy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I have not been able to post much lately, but ill up my game i promise you.

Theres nothing much to say anyways tbh. Basically the way we play reflects on the coach we have, and some important players seem to be struggling under him. Thats all theres to it.

We can snatch a victory here and there against serie a minnows, but our gameplay never changes.

We will get exposed if things continue as they are.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I have not been able to post much lately, but ill up my game i promise you.

Theres nothing much to say anyways tbh. Basically the way we play reflects on the coach we have, and some important players seem to be struggling under him. Thats all theres to it.

We can snatch a victory here and there against serie a minnows, but our gameplay never changes.

We will get exposed if things continue as they are.
We've taken down quite a few big clubs under Allegri

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Snatch a victory here and there against the minnows. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

We've taken down quite a few big clubs under Allegri
It seems hard to imagine we’re the one club to have knocked Real Madrid out of the CL in the past 5 years. And under Allegri. He must be terrible. We must be miles and miles away from winning a CL. If we were getting knocked out in the group stage or Rof16 with attractive football each year, I’d say we’d be much closer. Losing in finals though, that means we’re miles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 184)