out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I doubt it. Benatia is just as prone to making brain farts and Rugani is too passive. Bonucci's passing game is too invaluable, especially if Pjanic is heavily man marked.
We have just seen a season of Benatia last year and while he did make the odd mistake, overall he had a very good season. It's not like his passing is bad either. Bonucci has made more mistakes in 4 months than Benatia did all last season (and probably his entire time at Juve).

Rugani has never had a real chance, I'd agree he is too passive at times but he reads the game well and rarely makes mistakes.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 22, 2016
Yeah I'm much worried about the selection of players that doesn't let our team to tik.

One between Manzu or Dybala should sit out and be a super sub, i prefer Dybala as a starter alongside Ronaldo and another winger. Put Dybala closer to the goal and we will see a completely different player, he is a bigger threat than Manzu both out side and inside of final 1/3..

Those games with Dybala paring with Ronaldo were joy to watch. So much off the ball movements and fast passing in the opposition half, we had more possession too.

I don't like the idea of dropping Dybala, thar doesn't help him to be better. He should play and score goals to get his confidence back. Inform Dybala could be as good as Ronaldo.
Said this just 9 hours ago.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dybala is a #9 plain and simple. Play him alone. Tell him to do whatever the fuck he wants in order to get the ball on his left foot for a shot. There should be no other responsibility for him. No link up play, no bring the ball out of defence. Nothing.

Just put him as a false 9 and tell him to run wherever the fuck he pleases. Get the ball in a good spot and shoot it through the net.

This shit where Mandzukic stands on the last man like Higuain did is just not going to work.
I dont see the dybala 9 happening ever. Not while we continue the “Crossventus" crusade.

Btw, what did i just watch?

Terrible game.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dybala is a #9 plain and simple. Play him alone. Tell him to do whatever the fuck he wants in order to get the ball on his left foot for a shot. There should be no other responsibility for him. No link up play, no bring the ball out of defence. Nothing.

Just put him as a false 9 and tell him to run wherever the fuck he pleases. Get the ball in a good spot and shoot it through the net.

This shit where Mandzukic stands on the last man like Higuain did is just not going to work.
He really isn’t. He’s always looked at his best as a SS. He could be a passable 9, but it’s 100% not worth the sacrifice of Ronaldo’s best to play a supremely one footed player as a lone 9. While he’s an effective goalscorer, he has one trick for scoring, and that makes us too one-dimensional.

We should play a two man front with Ronaldo-Dybala imo. Dybala needs to learn to link up with ronaldo like he did with Mandzukic in 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 in his first year here. He needs to get back to a more All-around attacking game, supplying assists as well as goals. We won’t build a winner around him exclusively scoring goals on his left foot and doing nothing else at all.

He definitely shouldn’t be playing as a CAM and dropping deep though. He’s useless there. Nowhere near good enough vision and passing. He needs to be around the box way more.

I don’t care about doubling up on the wings this season. Both Ronaldo and Dybala often drift wide anyways, as would whichever of Bernadeschi and Costa we play as a CAM behind them.

Dybala-Ronaldo front 2 with freedom to do as they please and stay around the box in attack would be a nightmare for defenders to deal with.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He really isn’t. He’s always looked at his best as a SS. He could be a passable 9, but it’s 100% not worth the sacrifice of Ronaldo’s best to play a supremely one footed player as a lone 9. While he’s an effective goalscorer, he has one trick for scoring, and that makes us too one-dimensional.

We should play a two man front with Ronaldo-Dybala imo. Dybala needs to learn to link up with ronaldo like he did with Mandzukic in 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 in his first year here. He needs to get back to a more All-around attacking game, supplying assists as well as goals. We won’t build a winner around him exclusively scoring goals on his left foot and doing nothing else at all.

He definitely shouldn’t be playing as a CAM and dropping deep though. He’s useless there. Nowhere near good enough vision and passing. He needs to be around the box way more.

I don’t care about doubling up on the wings this season. Both Ronaldo and Dybala often drift wide anyways, as would whichever of Bernadeschi and Costa we play as a CAM behind them.

Dybala-Ronaldo front 2 with freedom to do as they please and stay around the box in attack would be a nightmare for defenders to deal with.
Ronaldo doesn't play 9, he's a winger with freedom

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
To be honest this has been underway for a while. We have looked shaky the last month or so. He still needs to figure out how to get the best out of the talent available.
100%

And while I love Mandzukic, Allegri needs to figure out how to get Ronaldo and Dybala working together. If that means putting Mario on the bench sometimes as a sub, so Ronaldo and Dybala can figure things out together, so be it. He will get his playing time. We have lots of games.

Our clear best 2 attackers need to click or this season will be much the same as last year. Ronaldo has figured out how to provide assists for Dybala at times, but they mostly look like they are playing on different pitches and Dybala has no idea where Ronaldo is. It doesn’t help that he’s asked to drop deep and receive the ball in our own half much of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo doesn't play 9, he's a winger with freedom
Yeah. I didn’t mean he was a 9. I more so meant playing a trident with Ronaldo and Dybala doesn’t work best imo. Play without a 9, Ronaldo and Dybala as forwards with no responsibility to track back and defend. Have a CAM like Berna or Costa behind them, and let our mid have the numbers it needs.

- - - Updated - - -

When your mid is getting overrun by young boys, something is wrong. We need numbers there.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Would not be mad at this tbh. Not because i think he is a winger, he isnt, but because i think its the only way he can be fielded and be near tje right side of the keepers area to unleash his left. Anything outside that and he just doesnt cut it.

CAM? We proved and the experiement failed. He is no cam.
False 9? Allegri doesnt approve, will never happen and not worth the time discusing
SS? He will not play there as long as mandzukic continues starting.

Play 433, put a robust midfield behind the attackers, madzukic as 9 (lets be honest, allegri will always do this), cr7 on the left, and dybala on the right but closer to the inside. Let the fullback overlap him for crosses. Thats it.

Anything outside of that will not work.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

I'm basically saying that he should play as a SS but at the #9 position. We don't send balls to Mario or Ronaldo in the air, so there's no benefit of him playing beside a tall striker anyways. This is what kills me with Allegri right now. He plays Mario as a #9 but he doesn't see a single ball in the air.

I really liked Dybala/CR7 together in the 3-5-2. They were both playing as SS's basically. Is there a downside of playing without a "traditional" #9 if the opposition CBs are still too scared to press in midfield? What CBs are going to chase Dybala all the way into midfield when CR7 can easily make a run into that space? What is the point of playing Mario on the last man then if you can play no one there and still accomplish the same thing?

Jan 22, 2016
This shit is not all on players of course. We don't have any solid plan when we get the ball. Our approach to the games is soooo predictable. No movement between the lines or any off the ball movements .

Players just play with their instinct. You could see from the movement of our players that there is no structure at all.

I see these problems every weak in the league but because of our individual quality we can grab wins easily.

But in Europe those problems showing themselves even against poor teams like Young boys.

Our team don't have its identity. It's philosophy of playing is unknown even after these wonderful years. We are not a defensive team and not an attacking team either. We should choose one and build our team on that philosophy.

With these random displays every week we will never See a team with plan and purpose.

Oct 23, 2011
Tactically we were excellent against Manchester in both games (apart from those 5 minutes) in a hybrid 442/433. We played with Dybala and Ronaldo upfront, Cuadrado on the right wing and 3 midfielders. Dybala was able to move between the lines and ronaldo had the change to roam around as well. I think we should stick to something similar. Depending on the opponent we can play with a pure winger on the other side such as Costa, or Bernardeschi who would end up as a trequartista with Ronaldo occupying the left side in this formation. Regardless of how much Mandzukic is loved among us, it is absolutely crucial for our CL success to get Ronaldo and Dybala clicking ASAP. In play, as can be seen from today (not that i want to single out a specific player after such a terrible collective performance) he doesn't add much and really limits our build-up play. Dybala is simply crucial and should be one of the first names in the starting eleven.

Apart from that, in midfield Bentancur and Pjanic by its own doesnt work. Both can be very sloppy at times, and Pjanic is hitting rock bottom right now. We need a Matuidi or Can in the mix. Ideally, my starting line-up from January ongoing would be among these lines, depending on the opponent.

Cancelo - Bonucci - Chiellini - Sandro
Cuadrado - Pjanic/Can - Bentancur/Matuidi - Matuidi/Costa/Berardeschi
Dybala - Ronaldo

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Our defense without Chiellini worries me.

Also trio of Dybala, Mandzo & CR doesnt seem to work and I feel Paulo needs to sit out for a while with Costa getting some time.

We need to improve our midfield in January, if we dont want to run current ones into the ground.
No comment

- - - Updated - - -

Predictable underwhelming... As I said from the very beginning, we should end this season playing like france last WC... a 4-3-3 changing to a 4-4-2 with a MF in one of the sides so it could be

JGC/Benta Pjanic Matuidi Mandzo
or
DC/Berna Benta Pjanic Matuidi

With CR7 and Paulo in front

Last edited:

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
It's ridiculous that we fail to play actual football with this set of pure world-class players. Allegri is failing big time so far this season. It is his responsibility to turn it around, but I don't see it happening. We are wasting our time playing random football, instead we should have been building our team and coherence. The players are clueless out there. We also have 4 players next to each other on a line in midfield, when we try to build up, who just pass it sideways and almost block eachother. Instead of spreading out and play faster.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Who would have thought we are 1st on both Serie A and CL. So many ridiculous posts.
That is one ridiculous post. What does it mean that we are first in the league and CL group? We were first in our CL group and Serie A all the previous years too. We are aiming to WIN CL, not just the group. And to win CL you need to play really well/smart/effective. Even if you play really well and get a good draw, the odds are still against you. So when we play some shit football, it doesn't inspire confidence that we have great chances of winning it. Many things must improve, and there is still a bit time for it, but it seems we are still taking the same lessons over and over again.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 105)