out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The loss to United still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. However, some of the notions here are a bit exaggerated. I agree the game should have been put into bed as soon as the first half goes but what Max can do if Khedira and Cuadrado miss those sitters? The goals we conceded were also purely on the players, Matuidi ridiculous foul just in front of the goal and the atrocious defending to the set piece that gave United the second goal. Obviously, current Juve is strong enough to oppose the usual misfortunes that happen during a game but the Wednesday's match was extremely unlucky for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Actually, Serie A teams punish you big time if you're too attacking. But in CL, you get rewarded for an attacking, high pressing game (not gung ho and as long as your team is balanced).

Didn't mind the same closing out tactics back in the day when we had less technique and couldn't hold on to the ball as well, but these days it's inviting unnecessary pressure for no reason. We should be playing pretty much the same way we did for the first hour vs Real in Madrid last season. More or less. Get the second goal playing that way and then keep the ball.
Want to add that closing both of the Utd games out like that were definitely drills as I mentioned before. But I'm afraid we won't see that just vs Barca but vs every knockout opponent. And we'll only attack/be more proactive and rely on instinct like we did in Madrid only in similar circumstances. It'll be the calculating approach as usual.

As for the result, thing that matters most is $/exposure. Anytime you beat an EPL side, the whole world takes notice.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cuadrado can be dogshit in so many matches and he still has his passionate defenders.

Dybala has one average game and half the forum asks to sell him.
He is a good guy and loyal soldier.

But he is just too hot and cold for an elite team like us. Thats all theres to it.

- - - Updated - - -

The loss to United still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. However, some of the notions here are a bit exaggerated. I agree the game should have been put into bed as soon as the first half goes but what Max can do if Khedira and Cuadrado miss those sitters? The goals we conceded were also purely on the players, Matuidi ridiculous foul just in front of the goal and the atrocious defending to the set piece that gave United the second goal. Obviously, current Juve is strong enough to oppose the usual misfortunes that happen during a game but the Wednesday's match was extremely unlucky for us.
It seemed to be one of those days.

We also had 3 of our best players and scorers out, in mandzukic, berna and costa.

We had a good run until this game, so lets see how max reacts.

Its worth mentioning chiellinis words, which talked about he saw this coming since some games ago, that we were not closing the games effectively.

Lets see what happens with some of our best attackers coming back.

Jan 22, 2016
I still believe he should have left after that final. Our game hasn't improved since then despite having a much stronger squad and the best player in the world.
Just like Conte his leaving will have a greater good for this team.

I love this guy. I want him to succeeds with us but his reluctance to address his mistakes is pulling us back big time.

I feel this is his last year with us. Just hoping he will bring big ears for us.

Apr 19, 2007
Cuadrado can be dogshit in so many matches and he still has his passionate defenders.

Dybala has one average game and half the forum asks to sell him.
Do you think cuads has more defenders than Dybala? Dybala has the most backers of any player we have. Also Cuads is our 5/6 best attacker so much less pressure and expectations than the second highest wage earner that could get us 150 mil in the market

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Seems like he learned the lesson. Told players to stay up and press the shit out of milan back line, and think what happened? They couldn't come anywhere near our box.
Probably because Gattuso used all his subs so quickly...backline was tired chasing shadows for 70 mins so yeah, smart decision to keep them on their heels.

- - - Updated - - -

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Juve learned from Man Utd loss' | Football Italia

Massimiliano Allegri explains why he left Leonardo Bonucci out against Milan and how Juventus learned from defeat to Manchester United.

Mario Mandzukic’s header and a late Cristiano Ronaldo rebound secured their 2-0 result at San Siro, although Wojciech Szczesny saved a Gonzalo Higuain penalty.

“We got right back on track after the defeat to Manchester United, which had shaken us. We did well to attack the game and that was the only way to set aside what happened in those final five minutes against Manchester United,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.

“We had a couple of risks here and Wojciech Szczesny was fortunately ready to make the saves. We are putting in some good performances, picking up some good wins.

“This was an important weekend for the league, as Inter lost in Bergamo and we remain at the same distance from Napoli, who are having an extraordinary season.”

Bonucci was expected to face his former teammates, but was instead left on the bench in a tense atmosphere.

“He needed to rest anyway and it just happened to be against Milan. Even on the bench he was pelted with insults from the Curva, so it was better this way.

“The defeat to Manchester United did us good, because tonight we had to win and keep a clean sheet. We lowered the tempo a little in the second half and I think we ought to try more shots from distance, as that keeps the pressure on the opposition. If we try to walk it into the net and get a bit too intricate, that can leave you open to the counter.

“Everyone who spoke to me after the Manchester game said we played well, but that doesn’t count if you don’t win. At times we still don’t do things that seem simple, but those are the things that need doing.

“When Mandzukic, Ronaldo and Dybala are in attack, naturally it’s going to be a little less ordered up there, but at the same time it also makes us less predictable for the opposition.

“We knew that we had more chances of causing Abate problems on the cross. Alex Sandro put a great cross on to the head of Mandzukic.

“Earlier this season, we tended to put the crosses in too low, but we’re starting to lift them more now and make the most of Mandzukic’s characteristics.

“Ronaldo is an atypical centre-forward, but still a centre-forward.”

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think we learnt that well. Could have easily been 1-1 on the penalty and we just lack that lethal edge, even with one of the best players in the history of the game!

If we could pull that first 45 mins of the first Manure leg for an entire game, that'd be an unbeatable team. Even if we missed a lot of chances there too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think we learnt that well. Could have easily been 1-1 on the penalty and we just lack that lethal edge, even with one of the best players in the history of the game!

If we could pull that first 45 mins of the first Manure leg for an entire game, that'd be an unbeatable team. Even if we missed a lot of chances there too.
Hey Capello is that you ? Forgetting its november and making everyone peak at the wrong time ?

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Soccer: Allegri wins Golden Bench
Sarri and Inzaghi joint second

(ANSA) - Rome, November 12 - Massimiliano Allegri of Juventus on Monday won the Golden Bench for best coach in Serie A during the 2017-2018 season. It was his second straight Golden Bench. The award is voted on by all Serie A managers each year.

Maurizio Sarri of Napoli and Simone Inzaghi of Lazio come joint second. Allegri last year led the Bianconeri to their seventh straight scudetto and his fourth. The first three came under former Italy and Chelsea boss Antonio Conte. Juve are top of the table and gunning for a new record eight straight title, and have higher Champions League ambitions having engaged Cristiano Ronaldo.

"The goal is the eighth scudetto and then this blessed Champions League," said Allegri. "Let's see if we have a touch of luck on our side."

---
Then best of luck I wish you, Mister! Congrats, well deserved award!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 303)