out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We have been much better to watch this season compared to last season. Allegri probably feels more pressure to play attacking football because of the arrival of Ronaldo.

https://understat.com/league/Serie_A

We actually lead the xG table for expected goals, last season we were 6th in this category.

Last season our xG was 1.56 goals per game. This season (so far) it is 2.30 goals per game, and the difference is very noticeable.
We started with attacking footy last season too but was dropping points and leaking a lot of goals. Allegri made the necessary changes to get the results. We don't lose balance when attacking more this season. New season, new team. Not that hard. Get it through.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Juve drifted away'

By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri complained the 1-1 draw with Genoa “was the biggest example of drifting out of the game that I’ve seen in my years at Juventus.”
The Bianconeri dominated the match for long periods, but were caught napping when the ball didn’t go out for a corner and Christian Kouame put it back in for Daniel Bessa’s header.
This result terminates the perfect start of 10 wins out of 10 between Serie A and the Champions League.
“It’s very simple, we left the game. Genoa did well to stay in there and instead of scoring for 2-0, we conceded for 1-0,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.
“This shouldn’t happen, because the Scudetto is won and lost in games like this. In the second half, our minds were on Manchester United and we fell asleep.
“After the equaliser, we then went from sleeping to frenetic desperation, and neither of these attitudes is acceptable. We should’ve had our mind on the job at hand.
“A good 10 minutes before the goal, we were already drifting out of the game. It was coming, we could see it from the touchline. I think it’ll be good for us, as this is a wake-up call so everyone can remember that nothing is to be taken for granted.
“The ball was bouncing around for three or four seconds, so we had all the time needed to go and mark the players in the box, but we’d been drifting for a while beforehand.
“Every match has to be won on the field throughout 90 minutes. Nothing is guaranteed or won before we’ve stepped on to the pitch.
“It was a decent first half, even if we were a little impatient there too and kept trying to immediately find the goal rather than pass it around to create spaces. We had a lot of possession, but were never really in control of it.
“I have to say, it was in the air, as some of the training sessions weren’t great either. It’s not as if we could finish the game off and go home, we had to play the entire 90 minutes regardless of the result.
“It’s a pity, as we could’ve put more pressure on Napoli and broken away at the top, but instead we dropped points.
“It’ll be very different with Manchester United, as they’ll play to win and so will we. Genoa did well today to play in defence and try to stay in the game, but I have to say this was the biggest example of drifting out of the game that I’ve seen in my years at Juventus.”

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I said coaching issue, nothing to do with tactical and match management.

It's on the training, and for me this has correlation with our attacking style/method, allegri doesn't develop enough and drill the team enough how to attack, so the team often switched off because as a team we don't know what to do with the ball creatively.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
At this point max can't just excuse or blame the players, it's all on him, something to do with his coaching method.
I can’t agree that the guy who has won 3 serie a titles and coppa italias in a row as well as making it to two champions league finals has a coaching method issue. It’s not on him that Bonucci sucks at defending and the strikers miss chances. Not to mention that no team in history has won more games in a row than Juve before last game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
At this point max can't just excuse or blame the players, it's all on him, something to do with his coaching method.
Ok if this one draw, which was due to defenders stopping defending for some reason, and our attack being lazy, was entirely due to his coaching methods, then that means also our 10 wins in a row is entirely Allegris credit, no?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Ok if this one draw, which was due to defenders stopping defending for some reason, and our attack being lazy, was entirely due to his coaching methods, then that means also our 10 wins in a row is entirely Allegris credit, no?

Irrelevant argument, I was talking about the established pattern on this team that it very often drift out of any kind of games, seemingly random but it's there.

It happened against bologna level of teams, it happened against Tottenham level of teams, and it happened against bayern level of teams.

And almost after every those kind of games, the comments from allegri were similar.

So...? Allegri can remind the team every then and now, but the issue always repeats.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

He’s the anti- Mourinho. The wins are down to the players and the losses are all because of him.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
As I've been saying for years, the way this team attack is largely pathetic, just send the ball to the wing and opt for high crosses.

There's little to no, one touch passing football, there's little to no pass - feinted receive - one two passes kind of move; this team is lacking advanced tricks that supposedly top teams can do on regular basis, we could do that but not consistent enough if not too rarely, heck we did that before the break, so how did it go away after just a break?

If playing one touch football isn't an option in defensive minded serie a then I can think other tricks, like hmph, using mandzukic to hold and shield the ball hard on the middle near the opposition penalty box to force their players to commit heavy press and try to get the ball from him, thus allowing our other players some space.

Other than llorente, I don't remember our target men do that kind of play, if I'm not mistaken that was the kind of play from llorente that allowed tevez to shine.

That's why mandzukic is rather not properly utilized in the past few years, while his defensive contribution is nice, he could have been more properly used in offense.

Sending high crosses to higuain, mandzu and Ronaldo is very underwhelming and play some part in why this team too often switched off. Such kind of attack easily repelled, often give the ball back to the opposition and it doesn't press let alone destroy the opponent mental/psychologically, it give hope to the opposition while making our players mentally sleepy, thinking the game is totally under our control while the score line is still hang on balance.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Funny how I can go to the first 5 pages of this thread and leave a random reaction to every hateful comment. @j0ker was a proper allegri anti fan and almost puked that day
I was, I really dissliked him back in the day.

Mostly because of him mentioning goal di muntari at every opportunity, even a year after that happened.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Half expected to lose points there, players just returned from international break and big CL game incoming. As Max said, It's a good wake up call that you cant just switch off before the job is done. It was painful to watch lack of commitment in the 2nd half, almost if players expected the game to suddenly end.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Bonucci and Benatia as a centre back pairing is crazy.

I also think we need one of Dybala or Bernadeschi or Costa ( once he gets his form back) on the pitch at all times.

I'd like to see us have a bit more of an attacking plan, particularly when we are chasing a game. He seems to just throw on attackers and hope for the best, then we end up just going side to side followed by an aimless cross.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Bonucci and Benatia as a centre back pairing is crazy.

I also think we need one of Dybala or Bernadeschi or Costa ( once he gets his form back) on the pitch at all times.

I'd like to see us have a bit more of an attacking plan, particularly when we are chasing a game. He seems to just throw on attackers and hope for the best, then we end up just going side to side followed by an aimless cross.
Allegri is clueless when it comes to attacking plan, he's forever the reactionary type that can only counter the opposition plan but not actually commanding the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 47, Guests: 372)