out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Juve required patience'

By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri expected Frosinone to frustrate Juventus and explained some of his tactical decisions to break them down.
It was a hard-fought 2-0 victory at the Stadio Benito Stirpe, decided in the final 10 minutes by Cristiano Ronaldo and Federico Bernardeschi.
“We expected it to be like this. Frosinone had conceded five to Sampdoria and we played down to 10 men for 70 minutes against Valencia on Wednesday,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.
“We just needed to have patience and after many shots, crosses and passes, we found the breakthrough.”
Allegri rested Blaise Matuidi, Joao Cancelo and Sami Khedira, using Emre Can in midfield.
“The idea was to give width, but that wasn’t happening, so I put Miralem Pjanic further forward for Emre Can to cover the defence and push Juan Cuadrado further up.
“Federico Bernardeschi then came on very well, we held the ball in more dangerous areas and eventually got the goals we needed.
“With Emre Can in front of the defence, you can afford two midfielders with more quality.”
Paulo Dybala was given a rare start, but again failed to make much of an impact.
“He needs to play. I’ve said since he arrived that his best physical quality is his running, so he needs to play and to move. He had some good moves today, controlling on the edge of the box where there was traffic, but he needs to run at defenders and he’ll do that once his fitness levels improve.
“Dybala has no need to feel this performance anxiety. You can be the best player in the world, but if you’re not at 100 per cent mentally, the others will get to the ball faster. Mario Mandzukic is always first to the ball, but today he was a little less sharp because of fatigue, it’s natural.”
Juve are the only side with a 100 per cent record, with Napoli in second, Sassuolo and Fiorentina joint third.
“Napoli had over 90 points last season, so of course it’s natural they’d still be doing well, especially after bringing in a talented and experienced Coach.
“The others are a little far behind, so we right now need to step on the gas and create a gap before we have the head-to-head clashes.”

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Allegri: 'Juve required patience'

By Football Italia staff

Allegri-1809-Fro-point-epa.jpg

EPA.png

Max Allegri expected Frosinone to frustrate Juventus and explained some of his tactical decisions to break them down.
It was a hard-fought 2-0 victory at the Stadio Benito Stirpe, decided in the final 10 minutes by Cristiano Ronaldo and Federico Bernardeschi.
“We expected it to be like this. Frosinone had conceded five to Sampdoria and we played down to 10 men for 70 minutes against Valencia on Wednesday,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.
“We just needed to have patience and after many shots, crosses and passes, we found the breakthrough.”
Allegri rested Blaise Matuidi, Joao Cancelo and Sami Khedira, using Emre Can in midfield.
“The idea was to give width, but that wasn’t happening, so I put Miralem Pjanic further forward for Emre Can to cover the defence and push Juan Cuadrado further up.
“Federico Bernardeschi then came on very well, we held the ball in more dangerous areas and eventually got the goals we needed.
“With Emre Can in front of the defence, you can afford two midfielders with more quality.”
Paulo Dybala was given a rare start, but again failed to make much of an impact.
“He needs to play. I’ve said since he arrived that his best physical quality is his running, so he needs to play and to move. He had some good moves today, controlling on the edge of the box where there was traffic, but he needs to run at defenders and he’ll do that once his fitness levels improve.
“Dybala has no need to feel this performance anxiety. You can be the best player in the world, but if you’re not at 100 per cent mentally, the others will get to the ball faster. Mario Mandzukic is always first to the ball, but today he was a little less sharp because of fatigue, it’s natural.”
Juve are the only side with a 100 per cent record, with Napoli in second, Sassuolo and Fiorentina joint third.
“Napoli had over 90 points last season, so of course it’s natural they’d still be doing well, especially after bringing in a talented and experienced Coach.
“The others are a little far behind, so we right now need to step on the gas and create a gap before we have the head-to-head clashes.”
The part about Emre Can in front of defense is interesting. I wonder if he means two more offensive midfielders, when he says two midfielders with quality. I would love to see Emre Can with Berna and Pjanic as btb.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: ‘Ronaldo and Dybala will play’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri confirms Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala will both play against Bologna tomorrow.
The Bianconeri have a busy schedule coming up, with Napoli to come on Saturday evening before Young Boys visit the Old Lady in the Champions League.
In recent seasons with Real Madrid, CR7 was rested at the beginning of the season to be in ideal condition for the latter stages of European competition, but he’ll be available tomorrow.
“He won’t be there against Young Boys on Tuesday,” Allegri pointed out, with Ronaldo suspended for his red card against Valencia.
“We’re at the start of the season, he’s fine physically and he needs to keep playing and scoring, so he’ll play tomorrow.
“Dybala? Yes, he’ll play. The day before yesterday he had a good game, he gets judged on his goals alone but he was good against Frosinone. He needs to play.
“[Mattia] Perin will play tomorrow, [Giorgio] Chiellini will rest and the doubt is Alex [Sandro]. If he doesn’t play then it’ll be [Juan] Cuadrado on the right and [Joao] Cancelo on the left… unless I play [Federico] Bernardeschi on the left.
"Andrea Barzagli has completely recovered and could play from the start. Old horses don't need to train, when they need to run you just put them on the turf and they run! :lol::lol:
"If Barzagli plays we could play with a back-three, if he doesn't it could be four. I have to evaluate the conditions of Cuadrado, Alex Sandro and Cancelo, and I need to keep some changes from the bench in reserve or I'll have no changes to make.
"Leonardo Spinazzola? He's good, and we can slowly reintegrate him with the squad.
“As for Moise Kean, I had him in mind for Frosinone on Sunday, in fact he was about to come on when we scored and I changed it. Tomorrow is a possibility for him.
“I could play Dybala and Ronaldo together, or I could put someone else up there too and in that case it’d be Kean, because he’s a player worthy of Juventus in every respect.”
Rodrigo Bentancur played on Sunday, but the Uruguayan was subbed early in the second half and his performance drew criticism from fans and the media.
“Tomorrow he has a good chance of playing, then we’ll see about the others. [Blaise] Matuidi will be back, so I’ll have to choose one of Emre Can or Matuidi.
“He [Bentancur] had a good match in tight spaces the other night, but he has to be more decisive when he shoots or when he gets forward.
“He has important qualities, but he needs to have more belief in what he can do. He needs to be getting some goals and some assists, and he can only do that if he relaxes and plays more freely.”
There has been much talk this season of using Bernardeschi as a mezzala, could that happen tomorrow?
“The other day he was playing as a mezzala, because we needed a player like that in that part of the pitch,” Allegri pointed out.
“In Valencia he was useful on the wing in the defensive and attacking phase. He’s improved a lot and the credit all goes to him because as soon as he arrived he knew that to be in a great team meant improving in every regard.”

-----------------------

Allegri: ‘Juventus have to win’
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri warns Juventus “have to win” against Bologna tomorrow, not least because they face Napoli at the weekend.
The Bianconeri have taken maximum points from their first five Serie A games, but the Coach won’t allow any slip-ups tomorrow.
“Juve have to get used to winning continuously,” Allegri said in his pre-match Press conference.
“There are matches like Frosinone, others are more open and tomorrow maybe we’ll score early and it’ll be a totally different game.
“The more the Frosinone game went on the deeper they dropped, and the more chances we had. The team played a good game, especially in the second half where we were more lucid and worked the ball into the box more, where the opponent can’t commit fouls and you have the advantage.
“Tomorrow we have to win, because we need to get to the head-to-head game [with Napoli] with at least three points’ advantage.
“We’re facing a Bologna team that beat Roma clearly, and in the games they’ve lost it’s always been 1-0.
“They got one 0-0 and in the game against Inter they may have lost 3-0, but they conceded goals in the final minutes.
“They know how to suffer and stay in the game, and [Filippo] Inzaghi is really good in that sense, but we have to win.
“The mental aspect is important, we can’t take this lightly. We need to play like in Frosinone, where the team played in a mature and responsible manner.
“There are times when you’ll score more in the second half and times where you unlock the game immediately. Seasons are like that, and it all balances out.
“The team has been improving physically in the second half and that’s important for our season, because obviously when the other team is starting to tire you’ll have more chance of scoring.”
Yesterday was the FIFA World Football Awards, and Argentina captain Lionel Messi voted for Allegri as Coach of the Year, behind Ernesto Valverde and Pep Guardiola.
“I didn’t know that, I’m finding out about it now. I’m happy. [Didier] Deschamps rightly won the prize yesterday, because he won the World Cup.
“I’d also like to compliment [Beppe] Marotta, because he was given the prize for the best general manager in Europe.
“It was a beautiful day and we’re sorry we couldn’t attend, but we have these matches so close together.”
Before Frosinone, the Old Lady had two red cards in two matches…
“That doesn’t mean we’ll now get a red card every Sunday,” Allegri said.
“These moments always happen, in every season. In Frosinone we stopped that run.
“We all saw the red card [for Ronaldo] in Spain, Douglas Costa was rightly given a four game ban. We all have to be lucid, because it’s easier to finish a game with 11 men.”

Last edited:

juvid

Jul 11, 2018
“The team did well and proved its maturity,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.
“We played well on a technical level in the first half, while after the break we used the perimeter of the field too much and didn’t go through the centre.
“On Saturday it’s a head-to-head with Napoli and it’ll certainly be a great game. I don’t have a line-up in my head right now, as on Friday in training we’ll see everyone together and decide.”

Juve moved back to a 3-5-2 formation with Andrea Barzagli returning in defence.

“There are many players out injured and I had to rest someone, so I tried to give some width to the side with Joao Cancelo and Juan Cuadrado. We’ll go back to a four-man defence and use three when the circumstances require it.”

Cristiano Ronaldo didn’t find the net against Bologna, but he did set up Matuidi’s goal.

“I wanted to rest him in the second half, but he was so eager to play and score. It is more difficult to play in Italy and I am happy with what he’s doing so far.
“Cristiano has a particular way of touching the ball and these details make him a champion.”

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Outside tactics and formations I really like the calmness Max brings to this team. He's created a very good atmosphere around the club. You see it even clearer when we don't play well or after a loss. No panicking, no blame game.

He's letting the players be themselves while combining that with the seriousness of delivering for Juventus. It's an underrated attribute, not many managers have that. Almost all the other big European clubs are a bad result or two from turmoil. We as fans don't have that fear in our club. Credit to Max and his staff!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Lone King
Juve unique in Europe: they have a perfect record in the league and Cup competition
Marotta separation after eight years inaugurates a new era for the Bianconeri in which Agnelli becomes more central

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 98)