out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
My thoughts exactly. I don’t think Agnelli is going to be too impressed with that comment what’s so ever. Starting to sound like Napoli ffs. “We can beat anyone” then Napoli lose “hard to compete when we have a small budget compared to their 200m a year”

Like you said pussy cop out man up and just say we played like crap and be done with it don’t ever say Juve are at the same level at Spurs that’s madness.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list.“
Preparing for the exit. Hopefully we get a nice surprise come the 2nd leg.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
"We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list."

This is a disgusting attitude. Go to one of those teams if you really feel that way. Coward. And it's exactly like the 100 euro Conte comment and the it's not like Juve win the coppa italia every year Delneri comment.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
50-50 with Spurs :howler: We reached the CL Final twice in the past three seasons. It's ok to be humble and show humility, but we aren't at the level of fucking Spurs. Even PSG and City, until they prove otherwise in Europe, are below us. We should strive to be at the level of those top tier teams, because we aren't inferior. Disgusting :yuck: :inter:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
50-50 with Spurs :howler: We reached the CL Final twice in the past three seasons. It's ok to be humble and show humility, but we aren't at the level of fucking Spurs. Even PSG and City, until they prove otherwise in Europe, are below us. We should strive to be at the level of those top tier teams, because we aren't inferior. Disgusting :yuck: :inter:
:agree:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
My thoughts exactly. I don’t think Agnelli is going to be too impressed with that comment what’s so ever. Starting to sound like Napoli ffs. “We can beat anyone” then Napoli lose “hard to compete when we have a small budget compared to their 200m a year”

Like you said pussy cop out man up and just say we played like crap and be done with it don’t ever say Juve are at the same level at Spurs that’s madness.
Well he needs to tell his cousin we need more cash, we can't keep selling crucial first 11 players to fund other moves

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well, he is right though, we were never favorites, we exceeded expectations by reading the final and we won't reach finals often. It's just sad that we wasted or chances when we did, but now that's history, we have come in terms with the fact that we won't win it, so must the fans...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wonder if he will get a pass here for that last comment how we are a tier below the elite
Bullshit comment from Allegri. Even if true to some degree, after the results of the past few years, it's something that need not be said.

Just like Marotta's constant reminders about a player can leave if they ask to.

Both of these things may be true, but it's not necessary at all to voice them to media.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Like someone said, he is preparing the inevitable buttkicking we will get (if we play the same way as the home game).

Indeed sounded very conteish with that response. Time will tell, but it seems he reached his limit here.

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
I know we have injuries, but why, just why start a two man midfield with Khedira-Pjanic? He also keeps starting the same attacking players over and over again. What worry me the most is how we normally start the season looking shaky and unorganized only to become better and better. But this season it’s the exact opposite.
The two man midfield clearly doesn't work against teams that overload the center, but I'm not sure starting a 19 year old Bentancur, a physically diminished Marchisio, or Sturaro would have made a difference. Simply put, this team needs Matuidi healthy to play a 3 man midfield vs great opposition. It's not easy to start Bentancur, Sturaro, and Marchisio (right now) over Bernardeschi.

Using all his attackers at once also meant that Juve had no spark off the bench.

Credit to Poch for anticipating that Allegri would be forced into a winger heavy formation as he added an extra attacking CM in Lamela in place of Son who is a winger. Khedira and Pjanic were overrun centrally 2 vs. 5 as a result. Those asking why Khedira started, would you rather one of Bentancur, Sturaro, or Marchisio in there in the German's place?

This tie is still 50/50 as long as Matuidi and Dybala are back in the starting line up in London.

--------------Higuain
-----------Costa--Dybala
----------Matuidi--Khedira
----------------Pjanic
Sandro--Chiellini--Benatia--Barzagli/MDS

--------------Higuain
---------------Dybala
Sandro--Matuidi--Khedira----Costa
----------------Pjanic
-----Chiellini--Benatia--Barzagli

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This tie is giving me a reverse of Chelsea vs Juve in Conte's first year sort of vibe. The upstart Juve were down 2-0 in London to the champions only to comeback 2-2 before thrashing them 3-0 in Turin. It essentially lead to their elimination. Now Juve need to avoid the flip from happening to them.

Hopefully, this team responds the way that they did away to Dortmund in 2015. Juve need to score at least twice since the chances of shutting out Tottenham are slim.

Recent positive crucial away performances for Juve under Allegri:
3-0 @ Dortmund
3-1 @ Sevilla
2-0 @ Porto
2-0 @ Monaco

Juve need any of those scores to advance. If only Higuain made it 3-0 or 3-1. If only Mandzukic made it 3-1 to start the 2nd half. Now Juve have it all to do.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Now I've cooled down a bit

As long as Matuidi and Dybala are both back in the second leg, and we play 433, we have a reasonable chance of going through.

But I would play this formation:

Woj
MDS - Chiellini - Benatia - AS
Bentancur - Pjanic - Matuidi
Dybala - Higuain - Costa​

Yes I am serious about Bentancur. Marchisio can't stay fit and Khedira is a passenger in any high intensity game.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
"We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list."

This is a disgusting attitude. Go to one of those teams if you really feel that way. Coward. And it's exactly like the 100 euro Conte comment and the it's not like Juve win the coppa italia every year Delneri comment.
Everything he stated is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit comment from Allegri. Even if true to some degree, after the results of the past few years, it's something that need not be said.

Just like Marotta's constant reminders about a player can leave if they ask to.

Both of these things may be true, but it's not necessary at all to voice them to media.
I think he is trying to change the narrative; a message to the board: you want us to compete in CL in the coming years, you need to invest [more].

If not stupid media trained politicians talk from him.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
This is not good enough of Allegri. He's shooting out excuses left and right..

there is no darn excuse for being dominated like that we were at home. He's responsible and should take it.

Mar 10, 2009
[video=twitter;963541562142674950]https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/963541562142674950[/video]

Its the manner of the draw that's frustrating everyone:

1. Sitting deep after 2-0
2. Missing the all important penalty
3. Clumsy keeping for the second goal.
4. Dropping a formation that has been successful, for one that clearly does not favour us.
5. Refusing to change the formation at half time, when it was clear it was needed.

Quite frankly it was a horror show, and it could have been avoided. This is not the league were drawing against Tottenham gets you point, Tottenham essentially have one foot in the 1/8 because of the away goal rule, and its all down to silly mistakes. This will always be a game of 'what ifs.'

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
I wonder if the things he said were for motivation. Because I feel like he's stated we're one of the top teams several time before, and like any coach says we're not favorites for the competition to stay humble. I do think we need to start taking more control of games, and I hope allegro does do that because like someone stated earlier, he's not stubborn nor is he one dimensional.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The way Allegri stormed into the dressing room, revealed how he actually thinks about the game.

What he said in the press is just politics. Not putting public pressure on the team, and stating the obvious money wise.

Do poor games happen to Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona ?

Yes, they do. Even in CL.

What do they do about it ?

Show in the return leg that they are better.

We are juventus. We are going to the return leg and win the tie.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the things he said were for motivation. Because I feel like he's stated we're one of the top teams several time before, and like any coach says we're not favorites for the competition to stay humble. I do think we need to start taking more control of games, and I hope allegro does do that because like someone stated earlier, he's not stubborn nor is he one dimensional.
if Juve thinks its better than the opponent, we play at 1.7% of our potential

if juve thinks its actually a great opponent, we play at 117% potential

We went up 2-0 and thought "oh lol this peasant fools" , and gave the game away

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think 2:2 is such a terrible result, it's pretty apparent that we can score goals against them, could've score 2 more if we got a bit more lucky last night.

Higuain had a great chance on counter and missed a penalty, Berna had a couple of shots from dangerous positions, Mandžukič and Benatia had good opportunities with headers from corner kick.

Question is, can we keep the ball better next time, if we continue to give the ball away in dangerous situations, the game again will be a very close goal fest. No more Berna at RM, no more Khedira if we want that to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 168)