out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Lol his words are infuriating.

He complimented the team, said the only thing missing was the goal, they played well and created a number of opportunities, while conceding 0 shots to Sevilla.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Any press conference yet? He has ALOT to explain after this. Incredibly poor by him, and rare enough completely confusing choices. Usually easy to understand what he was going for, but self sabotage like this is inexplicable.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
He explained nothing

Allegri: 'Juve only lacked a goal'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri explained his surprising tactical choices in the 0-0 Champions League draw with Sevilla. “We were just missing a goal.”

The Bianconeri are considered among the favourites for the tournament, but started out with a disappointing home stalemate.

“This was a difficult match due to the Sevilla pressing, though we played a different game in the second half,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“We were unable to get the victory, it is more difficult in Europe and we are disappointed. We need to improve our performance and passing, but there’s everything to suggest we can.”

Paulo Dybala is yet to score this season, while Miralem Pjanic and Alex Sandro were surprisingly benched.

Dybala plays the same position as last year, he’s just a little tired. In the second half we took control of the game and were just missing a goal.

Kwadwo Asamoah gave us something more when defending. I introduced Marko Pjaca at the end because his pace could be more dangerous than the physicality of Mario Mandzukic.

“We are absolutely not let down by this result. We know that we’ve got every chance of progressing.”.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
An extremely poor post match interview as well. Baffling. I just hope he learns his lesson for the next game.
What i'm taking from it is this

"i decided to play the most defensive juve team i currently can field, knowing we wouldnt even give away a chance to sevilla but create a few chances, and i'm gambling on that Higuain will convert half a chance".

Which we didnt

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It's stupid that some people try to brush this away. I could understand if it was an away game and Allegri chose the best players available.
:tup:

"Its ok, we will win first in the group anyways because we are juve".

I fear for Pjaca, if Allegri sees him as a rotation player in the 3-5-2 he'll $#@! off in a heartbeat.
Im telling you. By december this guy will be Comanized.

Stupid decision at the end by Allegri as well. Should have taken off one of our CBs for the Pjaca sub. Not Dybala. It's 0-0 with 5 minutes left at home against an inferior team. Take off a CB and add an attacker. Please. Pjaca for Chiello/Barza would have been nice.
He fucked up hardcore.

And what is this joke of using Pjaca in the last 5 mins for Dybala?. Is that all Allegri´s got?

Pjaca and Dybala are a nightmare to play against. I get it, its difficult to balance that out.

But when needing to score, you simply cannot sub one for the other. Pjaca comes on and immediatly is putting fire and unexpected moves in, but like cuadrado but different. He'll put the defence off guard. Having Dybala and Pjanic close to that to make use of that dislocated defence and Higuain to play it off to, is huge

There, i'll say it : When you need to score, Pjanic in the midfield with Dybala and Pjaca supporting Higuain, will give you much more chance to score then putting dybala behind Mandzukic and Higuain

He explained nothing
Allegri now has WAY too much gunpowder in comparison to last year and he has no idea how to use it to its max.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

"Its ok, we will win first in the group anyways because we are juve".

Im telling you. By december this guy will be Comanized.

He fucked up hardcore.

And what is this joke of using Pjaca in the last 5 mins for Dybala?. Is that all Allegri´s got?

Allegri now has WAY too much gunpowder in comparison to last year and he has no idea how to use it to its max.
He does, he just tried to gamble on our clinical finishing too much.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventus pay price for Allegri's ridiculous decision to leave Pjanic on the bench
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/ch...ice-for-allegris-ridiculous-decision-to-leave
See, thats about all you can say from this.

Allegri took a gamble to add additional steel, and hope our clinical forward would do something with the 3 half chance's he'll always get. His gamble failed.

This however doesnt suddenly make allegri some idiot that doesnt know how to coach a team in europe....

If anything, he learned alot about how the team is this season

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
To be honest, the only time we've looked comfortable against a pressing team before they ran out of gas under Allegri was against Dortmund in 2015. I don't think the selection here was all that bad, we gave them nothing while they drained themselves and then took over when the subs came on. Mediocre performance on the whole, but this is the time year to get those out of the way.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Thank good we got Asamoah in there to offer us a little something defensively. Its just so important to have more than 3 CB, 2 FB a DM and a btb mid, who have their main strenght in defending, when playing against a Sevilla team at home in the CHL.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Allegri sometimes tries to be too smart for his own good. Just like when he subbed off Morata against Bayern last year when he was killing their defense.

Barcelona field their best players against Celtic, but Juventus suddenly bench two vital starters against the EL winners. Makes no sense whatsoever. Im still confident we'll win the group though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 220)