out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Wouldn't panic or start blaming Max just yet.

If anything, I think this was the result of a poorly planned pre-season by the club itself. Our pre-season this year has differed a bit from previous ones in the sense that we've played fewer games. We're simply not fully there yet, it seems, in terms of preparation and fitness. Team hasn't gelled.

This time around, our pre-season programme seemed it was put together for commercial and financial reasons more than sporting ones. Which in this day and age is very understandable, especially when you're a Serie-A club trying to catch up with the other big guns in Europe. But the sporting side of things have suffered a bit in this pre-season in my opinion, and we saw the result of that today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Lichtsteiner lost his man. Mandzukic missed a sitter. Other than that it was pretty much a standard 3-5-2 performance where we look to do just enough to get 3 points. Did not work today.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not

We had tons of chances, open ones aswel, missed everything, made a huge defensive mistake leading to their only chance and goal.

tried evra+isla putting in crosses for mandzukic+llorente, didnt work

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

If anything, I think this was the result of a poorly planned pre-season by the club itself. Our pre-season this year has differed a bit from previous ones in the sense that we've played fewer games. We're simply not fully there yet, it seems, in terms of preparation and fitness. Team hasn't gelled.

This time around, our pre-season programme seemed it was put together for commercial and financial reasons more than sporting ones. Which in this day and age is very understandable, especially when you're a Serie-A club trying to catch up with the other big guns in Europe. But the sporting side of things have suffered a bit in this pre-season in my opinion, and we saw the result of that today.
It was just a shit game with some confusing tactical choices, mainly the subs, there isn't much room for error now given the next game so it piles pressure on us. I just hope we react well to it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Lichtsteiner lost his man. Mandzukic missed a sitter. Other than that it was pretty much a standard 3-5-2 performance where we look to do just enough to get 3 points. Did not work today.
Yeah it was. But once you get to that 65-70 minute point the game often becomes too open, panicky, and gives the opposition the chance to steal something.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Hopefully this will be the slap on the face that we needed to wake up at the start of the season.

We can't afford to lose against Roma, that will really hurt the moral of the team (specially with the many new young players that we have at the team).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Pretty much. I am expecting 3-5-2 for next week as well. With Dybala instead of Coman ofc.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008

people will never talk about players play with each other for the first time. we didn't have a good preparation and we still try to find our rhythm. still we had great signs of great team today. our team has great potential. just people needs to be patient.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
people will never talk about players play with each other for the first time. we didn't have a good preparation and we still try to find our rhythm. still we had great signs of great team today. our team has great potential. just people needs to be patient.
I think a lot of people understand that the team needs time to gel, but even with that, there was no logical reason to have Dybala start the match from the bench.

He is, so far, THE marquee signing for this club. He should have started straight away

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I'm not

We had tons of chances, open ones aswel, missed everything, made a huge defensive mistake leading to their only chance and goal.

tried evra+isla putting in crosses for mandzukic+llorente, didnt work
It will never work,never.Isla has a "manufacturer error" in his playing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It will never work,never.Isla has a "manufacturer error" in his playing.
I agree that Isla was garbage

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri: 'Juve played well'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri insists Juventus “played well” but didn’t take their chances in a home defeat to Udinese.

The Bianconeri had never lost their season opener on home turf, but were beaten 1-0 by a late Cyril Thereau strike.

“We had started well, but then got a bit disorganised and hasty. We needed more quality in the final ball and the finishing,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We were tired towards the end, as we’d played for 70 minutes with great intensity, and Udinese took advantage on the counter-attack.

“The result might make it look as if Juventus played badly, but instead we largely did well and Udinese are really tough to play against. They make it difficult for everyone.”

Kingsley Coman was a surprise starter instead of Paulo Dybala, but has still never scored a Serie A goal.

“He is a very young player and did some good things, but what he lacks at the moment is his finishing. In the first half especially he had some good moves, but we must not forget he needs time to grow like the other players who arrived this summer.”
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 217)