out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
With our current form and a tough upcoming schedule, we're not going to be 2nd for long.

This is just like the previous two seasons where he was praised for 'fixing the defense' or getting a bunch of clean sheets.

Don't see how he can be be judged for this year alone and praised for working with 'limited resources'.

He's been here for three years, allegedly has a bigger say in transfers, requested 'experienced champions' last summer because he felt the team was too 'inexperienced'. They all mostly flopped.

We got dumped out of the CL in humiliating fashion leading to additional loss of revenue.

It's very easy and convenient to blame off the pitch stuff for poor performances on the pitch but it cannot be overlooked.

Ultimately, our progress as a club is contingent in results on the pitch and in three seasons as a whole, while still having more resources than most teams in the league, with no identity in our football, no player development and little to no increase in the market value of our players, we can conclude that the head coach has failed miserably. A coach that came in with a certain level of expectations.

Also a coach that went from being courted by the likes of Real Madrid to now being worse than Pirlo and Sarri.

There's no point naming names on who can do 'better' with this squad. We have reached a dead end with him and here's hoping he gracefully retires from high level coaching.
We may not like it but there's definitely an identity. The rest is rehashing time and time again, I'm afraid.

Apart from; "no increase in market value" ? There are multiple guys that are easily worth more now... Starting with all the youngsters; Iling, Yildiz, Cambiaso, Miretti, McKennie too,...

- - - Updated - - -

If you read as well, you would see that I mentioned that as a stupid game. If we had another coach 3 seasons ago, our team would have looked very different, and they would play very differently.
I don't care about all the water under the bridge. Here, now and future counts when judging.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
I am not overly confident. If you believe that you're not reading what I actually wrote. I even said I'd probably make the switch to a Motta. Just not ignoring the actual accomplishments here.
Accomplishments are in past tense. He lost the plot completely. Results are missing, players are not trusting him anymore, lots of tensions in last couple of games. Future is in danger, even forth place isn't looking so secured anymore.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Accomplishments are in past tense. He lost the plot completely. Results are missing, players are not trusting him anymore, lots of tensions in last couple of games. Future is in danger, even forth place isn't looking so secured anymore.
Results; as in being second? The rest is bullshit, rumours, whatever. You make your pick.

We're in a difficult moment, sure. Making a switch now won't help much 'tho.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
did you really? with regular starters like mckennie, milik, yildiz, crippled chiesa, kostic, sleepy locatelli, gatti, kean, milik et al? cambiaso in his first season at a big club? 19 year old miretti? they should win? besides rabiot, sandro, rugani, tek and danilo, these players won shit in their life. yeah chiesa and loca are eurochamps, but it was just a few weeks, they never managed to perform close to their best for a full season. and you'd expect these players to win the league title?

in this team, rugani is a proven champion. let that sink in.

i tend to forget about the motto. before our 9-year run which no club will ever repeat, for ~70% (rough estimate) of its existence, juve went against its motto. legendary, brilliant coaches like trap or lippi failed to win league titles, so what. i've been following juve for decades, and i remember brilliant teams not winning the league. and this one is very far from being brilliant.

:boh:
Our squad is mediocre af yes, but before the Empoli game we were really building momentum and I don't think it's unrealistic to think that we were in the title race back then.

And I'm totally ok with the fact that we are not winning the title this season, or next season, or last season. Like you said even well-functioning team might fail that. My problem to be precise is that I don’t quite like what Allegri said in public. The weak-ass loser mindset behind that is pathetic. Had he had phrased it better it would have not sounded that disgraceful.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Our squad is mediocre af yes, but before the Empoli game we were really building momentum and I don't think it's unrealistic to think that we were in the title race back then.

And I'm totally ok with the fact that we are not winning the title this season, or next season, or last season. Like you said even well-functioning team might fail that. My problem to be precise is that I don’t quite like what Allegri said in public. The weak-ass loser mindset behind that is pathetic. Had he had phrased it better it would have not sounded that disgraceful.
Ah, yes. The important things. Everything else is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Same way how didn't help Roma!?!?
Its funny how you keep looking at clubs that are way off in standings as some role model for us, like Roma or Napoli. Roma's 5th place and Napoli's 8th, if only we were as good as them.

Last edited:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Allegri is horrible, but also is the squad. So it can be a bit confusing. Its also confusing that many had so much hope in Pirlo to turn it around before (like me) and it turned out disastrous.

So, firing Allegri wont suffice. Need a new coach, but also new players, but most importantly, new ownership. Giuntoli yet to judge.

Anyways, Im sure if they do the right thing - fire the Man - it will be for one sole reason: money. He earns too much. Not very promising.

I'll always be skeptical with this board, no matter what they do. They shattered the benefit of doubt. Must always assume the worst.

Anyways, I'll miss the Allegri bitching. Its the only remotely interesting thing to do in the past 3 seasons. Not sure what will be left without having him to hate, bash, bitch and moan about.

One possible positive outcome would be being able to watch Juve games again. Lets see.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Allegri is horrible, but also is the squad. So it can be a bit confusing. Its also confusing that many had so much hope in Pirlo to turn it around before (like me) and it turned out disastrous.

So, firing Allegri wont suffice. Need a new coach, but also new players, but most importantly, new ownership. Giuntoli yet to judge.

Anyways, Im sure if they do the right thing - fire the Man - it will be for one sole reason: money. He earns too much. Not very promising.

I'll always be skeptical with this board, no matter what they do. They shattered the benefit of doubt. Must always assume the worst.

Anyways, I'll miss the Allegri bitching. Its the only remotely interesting thing to do in the past 3 seasons. Not sure what will be left without having him to hate, bash, bitch and moan about.

One possible positive outcome would be being able to watch Juve games again. Lets see.
only thing missing is exclamation mark from end of each sentence and you would think it was trump typing this.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Allegri has been building this squad for 3 years, he has a say in who we bring in. I appreciate that we can't go for Harry Kane level players, but he wanted Lukaku for Vlahovic. He had the opportunity and backing to revolutionise us, but he hasn't and won't.

I can guarantee that we'll go for a draw tonight, he'll let Napoli come on to us, then try and rescue the game in the last 10 minutes with Sandro. 2nd best team should be smashing mid table Napoli no?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is all a bit guesswork isn't it? We presume he has a hand in things but there's a lot of filling in blanks depending on your argument. Coaches in Italy are not like managers in England from the 90s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 188)