out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... Also, why would they be flirting with Tuchel (allegedly) if they really supported Allegri "unconditionally" or whatever Calvo claimed? And thats just one name, I'm sure there have been others.
i already mentioned a few times that berlusconi jr said the other day that we wanted palladino, fits the same narrative: the separation with allegri will eventually happen

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
i already mentioned a few times that berlusconi jr said the other day that we wanted palladino, fits the same narrative: the separation with allegri will eventually happen
Palladino is the next De Zerbi imo, he'd be near the top of my list. I hope thats true, but I still feel Elkann will hunt a bigger name. Not my money, but Palladino would be the better investment. He's closer to that Conte archetype (the one Juve hired) that I think they should focus on.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Palladino is the next De Zerbi imo, he'd be near the top of my list. I hope thats true, but I still feel Elkann will hunt a bigger name. Not my money, but Palladino would be the better investment. He's closer to that Conte archetype (the one Juve hired) that I think they should focus on.
What differentiates Italiano/Tudor from Palladino? Anyways we have nothing lose with no European football for atleast next season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
What differentiates Italiano/Tudor from Palladino? Anyways we have nothing lose with no European football for atleast next season.
Well Tudor has never had success managing in Serie A and has had multiple opportunities. The french league is a joke, so I wouldn't put too much into his success there. Italiano is ok I guess. But Palladino's system also compliments our defenders, with his 3 man backline, and he is also big on possession, the exact opposite of Allegri.

And as a bonus he trusts Rovella, thats really all I care about...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah hes gone lol

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Well Tudor has never had success managing in Serie A and has had multiple opportunities. The french league is a joke, so I wouldn't put too much into his success there. Italiano is ok I guess. But Palladino's system also compliments our defenders, with his 3 man backline, and he is also big on possession, the exact opposite of Allegri.

And as a bonus he trusts Rovella, thats really all I care about...lol.
I think that is harsh on Tudor. He kept up a falling Udinese and then did well with Verona (took them 6 points behind Atalanta to 9th).

I like Palladino and he has done a really good job at Monza. But it is so early in his career to take on Juve, he's not even had a full season. He's not had to deal with a lot of situations yet and we haven't seen if he can manage through them. I'm not completely against him but it is a massive gamble and probably too much pressure for a guy just starting his career given everything that is going on with the club both in court and with a rebuild. Ideally you'd give him another season at least managing a smaller club.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think that is harsh on Tudor. He kept up a falling Udinese and then did well with Verona (took them 6 points behind Atalanta to 9th).

I like Palladino and he has done a really good job at Monza. But it is so early in his career to take on Juve, he's not even had a full season. He's not had to deal with a lot of situations yet and we haven't seen if he can manage through them. I'm not completely against him but it is a massive gamble and probably too much pressure for a guy just starting his career given everything that is going on with the club both in court and with a rebuild. Ideally you'd give him another season at least managing a smaller club.
Should Barcelona have not hired Guardiola? Actually, Juve is in a pretty similar position as Barca was when they promoted him from their B team. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. I have no doubt Palladino is an elite manager. Should we wait to see him take some other big club to trophies first, or should we get him while we still can? There will be risk no matter who they hire. I'd actually argue whiffing on someone like Zidane (aka expensive) would hurt the club more than whiffing on someone like Palladino.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Should Barcelona have not hired Guardiola? Actually, Juve is in a pretty similar position as Barca was when they promoted him from their B team. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. I have no doubt Palladino is an elite manager. Should we wait to see him take some other big club to trophies first, or should we get him while we still can? There will be risk no matter who they hire. I'd actually argue whiffing on someone like Zidane (aka expensive) would hurt the club more than whiffing on someone like Palladino.
For every Guardiola there is a Pirlo, Neville, Shearer, Henry, Seedorf, Brocchi, Montella, Di Matteo. Guardiola has also had some immense players to work with, from his very first job until now.

Sometimes you need to take a leap, we tried with Pirlo and it failed. But sometimes you need to assess the situation at the club, assess the manager and do what is best for both. Palladino could definitely be a top elite manager, but there is not much of a sample size to base than opinion on yet. He could also easily be a complete flop. In Scotland we had a young manager who won 2 domestic trophies in his first season of football management with a club with one of the lowest budgets in the league, something completely unheard of where we have 2 teams with so much more money than everyone else. He was linked with teams in England but stayed on. The next season his team was 2nd bottom, the next he was sacked.

I've been a fan of De Zerbi since he was at Benevento but I don't think he would have done a good job here after leaving them or even after Sassuolo as he would now for us. He is a far better manager now because of his experience there and with Shahktar and Brighton. If you put the Benevento De Zerbi in the current Juve environment the chances of him failing are high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 28, Guests: 396)