out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The ref was clearly retarded however that doesn’t change the fact we should have won that game and Allegri’s horrible tactics and substitutions in the second half has cost us.

Di Maria was our main outlet yet he takes him off and puts soule on…. Cuadrado again was horrible, Locatelli the same. Nantes clearly started pressing us in the second half and we have no answer to it.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Nantes clearly did their homework and were well prepared, plus several of their players had excellent performances, which I'm presuming were them stepping up to the occasion. In particular a lot of their tackling at the back was fantastic when it needed to be.

However we made this game far far more difficult than it should have been. Main culprits for me were lack of fitness leading to us inevitably slowing down, and a lack of confidence. The latter meant we wanted to create a perfect chance before trying to score, and the former meant that was never going to happen.

For this game our approach and setup was probably right (judging by how we started, before we got tired), but the lack of fitness is a longer-standing problem and shows our long-term approach to this season is wrong, while things like Vlahovic not releasing Chiesa's runs at the right time show the squad needs more time together, and/or is not practicing the right things in training.

Very VERY fucking frustrating and underwhelming - but once more I'll point out that it didn't start like that tonight. Nantes were good and probably got better during the game, but the root culprit for our flat performance for me was the fitness, which stems from the lackadaisical attitude that's been obvious at the club in general all season. Our spirit has clearly picked up since September and since the world cup, but the players can't suddenly attain a higher level of cardiovascular fitness. That lack of focus on fitness starts with Allegri and his team. You can't tactic your way out of fatigue, especially when we aren't swimming in great footballers to come off the bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 229)