out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
GIF 2022-9-4 11-23-54.gif

I made the gif because this scene frustrated me most and even infuriated me. Look at cuads and kostic, just walking there as if it had nothing to do with them. Paredes realized Bremer need help but he's too far away and is in a dangerous area to recieve the pass.
It just showed the team had no discipline, everyone had no idea what to do and they don't even bother running. The mentality is beyond abysmal.
really lost and don't know what they are training every day.
I specifically remember this. I put my head down and shook my head. Fucking joke. It's saying we have no breakout plan, huff it up and see what happens. Fucking laziness and just disgusting. Leadership on the field is non existent as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
You can’t re-write history and Allegri did a great job last time in his stint, what he achieved was the maximum he could have and I’ll always have respect for that.

HOWEVER…

The job he is doing since he has returned is nothing short of terrible. Just look at these performances already this year: Samp, 2nd half vs Roma, 2nd half vs Spezia, Fiorentina. In these games we’ve reverted to pussy football, allowed our opponents to control the game and capitulated. His team doesn’t even look like it knows what to do when we have the football. We’re playing a catenaccio with some kind of counter attacking philosophy but we have no pace or technical ability to counter attack?!

The reality is we won’t sack him, we don’t sack managers mid season. But this guy is a terrorist and allowing him to continue is going to do damage to this club that will take further years to repair. We are the worst coached team in serie a and have 0 game plan. Pioli, Spalletti, Inzaghi, Gasp, Moutinho, Italiano, Sarri & Juric are all out coaching him and have a clear philosophy when their teams are on the field. We have no identity.

And since he has been back I cannot think of a single footballer he has improved. Miretti I believe would have broken out under any manager and Allegri gets no credit for this.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We have a lot of gelling to do with basically 10 players in our own half at maximum 30 meters from our goal posts.
Nothing spells gelling better than players crowded in our own half hanging on for dear life.
They gel by playing defensive football at such a slow tempo that they apply glue to each other

Aug 2, 2005
I still get so many fucking shits yesterday..
And with all the forced subs.. but how on earth we ended the game with Mcburger is beyond me

Why would take out Kostic (Cuad had to go out) before Mcburger.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
What a bad excuse
He is the one make the team selection. He picks Di Maria and then subs him with De Sciglio, a more defensive one.
He picks Paredes directly. He can keep playing Miretti or pick Fagioli

He kept saying this, even after Roma match. He thought that with that minimum of chances we got, we should get the goal and then defend for all the remaining minutes. Its not how football works. Even Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, or Napoli create a lots of chances and kept attacking. Chances can be goals it depends by the players and the circumtances but we need to keep the effort. No reason to play too defensive in second half if we want to score goals and win matches

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
New manager discussion thread pls

- - - Updated - - -

@mods i’m inclined to start one
Bumping this. I think we need one for our own sanity.

How can the club continue with a manager that has no interest in winning with such an openly negative and defeatist attitude?

It’s like he’s stunted the team in the interests of his own self-preservation. Deplorable.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Bumping this. I think we need one for our own sanity.

How can the club continue with a manager that has no interest in winning with such an openly negative and defeatist attitude?
He trumped Sarri in defeatist statements early last year already. Club has no problems with that.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
With Allegri it's "managing expectations" or "he doesn't really mean it" when with every other coach we take them at their word and "you can't dine in a 100 euro restaurant" is taken to be true belief. Ofc its obvious that coaches often truly believe what they say and react out of defensiveness and emotions.

When Allegri says it's either offensive football or ugly success, or when he undermines Pep he means it and it shows every season and every week

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I have not yet fully given up on Max although tbf after this type of performances and defeatist post match comments it is very hard to still support or have any optimistic hope about what is to come next, he was brought here to create value and punch above the weight and the expectations of the players available to him, which we are all well aware there are plenty of mediocre ones that are not even close in terms of experience and class to the Juve team he left in 2019, but still a rather reasonable bunch that is decent enough to expect that would do slightly better than what we’ve witnessed so far, even more so after quite a few of them were brought specifically at his request, yet instead in games like the one against Fiorentina and previously Sampdoria we managed to go against the odds and in fact punched way below our weight and looked like a team with no ideas and an unbelievable lack in quality and lack of organization in the build up and defensive shape, which undeniably has to do with coaching and uninspired player choices, nevermind the formations and their actual roles in it.

- - - Updated - - -

What keeps baffling me most is how much we try to rely on quick counters to create chances while we barelly have a few players with pace, dribbling and technique capable of carrying the ball forward or actually capable of making something happen out of nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Needs to get his shit together soon or otherwise he will have a full fanbase(which hasn’t yet happened before) going strongly against him and his methods long before he gets back the likes of Pogba and Chiesa which he seems to be mentioning and counting a lot on, despite their uncertainties.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You can't expect from Allegri to teach off the ball movement, you know the simple things.
No, jihadball is all about playing the ball between cb's, keeper, sometimes RB-Lb then bomb the ball forward to vlahovic, Di Maria, Chiesa and hope for the best.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He is not making idiotic tactical decisions like last season (442 hybrid) and so far getting better results than last season with 3 best players missing for the most part.

I stopped caring about things he says in the media since his last season here. I remember how everyone lost it after the 2-0 defeat to Atletico when he said 'it's a good thing the rematch is in a couple weeks, otherwise we would be out for sure'. How can he say something like that, what a defeatist mentality etc. We know the result after that.

The point is whether he meant what he said or he said it to motivate or reduce pressure on the team I don't know how can people who fill tens of pages after every game here, who have the same mentality from Allegri's words in the PSG game thread be up in arms about what he said, whatever he meant. Juventus fans will say anything and everything to the club, president, players and coach, but God forbid one of the members of the team says it like it is or God forbid fans of other teams/players say it. Remember the insults on the team during the first Allegri season, but when Ronaldo fans said the same things he and his fans were the worst. Guess you prefer to shit on everything, but at the same time have people you're shitting on lie to you for false positives.

I want results, and so far except the Samp game results I expected arrived, with a decimated team. Fiorentina game was nothing new, we had even worse games with better teams there, at Sassuolo too for example (16/17 season after which came the change to 4231).

Full faith and support from me, but as I said, no excuse for Salernitana, Monza, Bologna, Benfica, Maccabi, Maccabi. All of them have to be wins, don't care how and why.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No attacking plan. Preparation. Coaching.
This is on him not the players.
It is on both the player’s lack of quality and the repetitive injuries to key players too but definitely even more so on the coaching and preparation when it comes to facing teams that are either weaker or just about the same level as us, it’s still early in the season ofc however i really do not know how much worst our performances could have been with any other mediocre coach in the same games with the same players available because it feels like we already hit rock bottom(just lucky enough to not lose and conceede more) and hardly nobody could have had us looking any worst than we already did in this one…

Thus far he has not adapted to the players available to him but is rather trying to fit square pegs in round holes while using a tactic that requires us to have certain type of players available for it to work, which most often than not we do not have and ends up in further crippling our game, either he wakes up soon and finds another formula that would be a better fit or else somebody at the top will likely step in and make some changes themselves before it’s too late.

Jul 28, 2002
There shouldn’t have been any excuses at all in the matches so far.

He has been very lucky so far. The goals scored have nothing to do with his coaching or plans.

As you say - no excuses from here on.

- - - Updated - - -

It is on both the player’s lack of quality and repetitive injuries to key players but definitely even more so on the coaching and preparation when it comes to facing teams that are either weaker or just about the same level as us, it’s still early in the season ofc however i really do not know how much worst our performances could have been with any other mediocre coach in the same games with the same players available because it feels like we already hit rock bottom(just lucky enough to not lose and conceede more) and hardly nobody could have had us looking any worst than we already did in this one…

Thus far he has not adapted to the players available to him but is rather trying to fit square pegs in round holes while using a tactic that requires us to have certain type of players available for it to work, which most often than not we do not have and ends up in further crippling our game, either he wakes up soon and finds another formula that would be a better fit or else somebody at the top will likely step in and make some changes themselves before it’s too late.
I doubt it’s the quality at this point on the players. There is no plan so they are making it up. They are not a cohesive team as he keeps changing it up. So there no fall back.

we are not a team. This is on him.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It is on both the player’s lack of quality and repetitive injuries to key players but definitely even more so on the coaching and preparation when it comes to facing teams that are either weaker or just about the same level as us, it’s still early in the season ofc however i really do not know how much worst our performances could have been with any other mediocre coach in the same games with the same players available because it feels like we already hit rock bottom(just lucky enough to not lose and conceede more) and hardly nobody could have had us looking any worst than we already did in this one…

433 is the only sensible solution with the team we have. Every other formation would require at least one if not multiple players completely out of position. The problem is we do not have a winger to go 1-1 without Chiesa, we don't have creativity from midfield without Pogba and we don't have width at full backs, especially left. All literal basics that any good team has.

Yeah, it's not an excuse to not beat Samp or for yesterday, but also it doesn't go 'we're Juventus, we have to do this and this' and it just appears from the sky.

We were losing games like yesterday and Samp last season. Last season that crossbar for Samp goes in, Fiorentina score the penalty, Milik is fractionally offside for the first goal etc. Last season we were -1 GD and 11 points in the hole after 5 rounds.

I know people don't want to accept it, I know Allegri earns 9m and has to turn water into wine, no excuses and that mantra, but it never works that way. You need to build a team, build a winning team, turn it into a habit to not lose games, to win under pressure etc.

Talking about sensible and normal people ofc. Those who filled this thread 5 years ago with the same shit are beyond help.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
There shouldn’t have been any excuses at all in the matches so far.

He has been very lucky so far. The goals scored have nothing to do with his coaching or plans.

As you say - no excuses from here on.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it’s the quality at this point on the players. There is no plan so they are making it up. They are not a cohesive team as he keeps changing it up. So there no fall back.

we are not a team. This is on him.
It is very much on the players too man, the constant chopping and changing is also due to their fragility and constant injuries, nevermind the very inconsistent form of others that fully justifies the chopping and changing, even the lack of a proper cohesive team can be pointed that way, but as i also mentioned before it just can’t get any worse in terms of performances and that is on him and his choices of hybrid roles and formations, which he is trying to do too much with and just ends up creating more confusion by limiting even the few top players we have capable of making something happen out of nothing, along with relying to much on counters when we do not have the right personnel available to do it efficiently.

Jul 28, 2002
It is very much on the players too man, the constant chopping and changing is also due to their fragility and constant injuries, nevermind the very inconsistent form of others that fully justifies the chopping and changing, even the lack of a proper cohesive team can be pointed that way, but as i also mentioned before it just can’t get any worse in terms of performances and that is on him and his choices of hybrid roles and formations, which he is trying to do too much with and just ends up creating more confusion by limiting even the few top players we have capable of making something happen out of nothing, along with relying to much on counters when we do not have the right personnel available to do it efficiently.
Ill politely disagree at this point.

Players need coaching and confidence. They are devoid of it. Yes some are poor players. But I believe they arent all as terrible as we say - they are simply poorly coached.
The injuries can also be attributed to the management ; either their service form a fitness medical perspective OR planning and due diligence buying fragile players.

Allegri and his team of staff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 289)