out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Exactly my thoughts. He sorted the defence but putting 10 players in our box, sacrificing every opportunity for attacking play. Opponents managed to score on last couple of games even with that setup. So I don't think it's sorted that good as many claim here.
And we conceded again today. 5 games on the trot now. Season totals and recent trend is far from sorted. They're clutching at straws.

- - - Updated - - -

He has no game plan. No way to counter the press. And he can’t even motivate and organize the defense like he used to. I don’t know what else to say.
Welcome to the dark side my friend.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
You have to wonder how much of the genius Juve defending was because we fluked out having 3 world class CBs and a supporting cast of mostly great back ups in a league that until recently was full of teams who were scared shitless to attack us.

It's like coaching PSG in the French league today. You can send them out with nothing more than a slap on the back and a "go gettem boys" and there's a good chance they'll score 4 goals anyway

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Surprised that people are surprised with what we're seeing. It's not going to change this season. It may change beyond this one if we either massively upgrade the team (Allegri does well with champions) or if we find another coach (no guarantee of success, considering the recent history).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You have to wonder how much of the genius Juve defending was because we fluked out having 3 world class CBs and a supporting cast of mostly great back ups in a league that until recently was full of teams who were scared shitless to attack us.

It's like coaching PSG in the French league today. You can send them out with nothing more than a slap on the back and a "go gettem boys" and there's a good chance they'll score 4 goals anyway
Yeah, because we weren’t the second best team in Europe twice in that time :baus:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah and our mighty defend at all costs approach was enough to get us a respectable 7-2 aggregate in both those finals

This approach literally does not work in the CL because it's not the 1990s
Except it worked through 6 rounds of knockout ties to get to those finals. Stop with the revisionist bullshit. We got beat by two of the greatest attacking teams of all-time. So did everyone else for 5 years. We were the only team to knock Real Madrid out of CL in 5 years. If you think we had the better team in either of those CL finals, that’s on you for having dumb expectations.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We literally had the best defence and one of the best midfields in Europe throughout the early to mid 2010s and we didn't even give ourselves a fighting chance because we resigned to trying to defend at all costs against teams who were built to deal with that

These teams were immensely top heavy and we decided the best way to deal with that would be to try and perform miracles in defence and put absolutely no pressure on their defence and it failed miserably and we were embarrassed yet again

Forgive me for not wanking over 2 awful CL finals when we had a top 3-4 team in Europe anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey at least Allegro is a hell of a lot better than Conte who had prime BBC and MVP-P

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We literally had the best defence and one of the best midfields in Europe throughout the early to mid 2010s and we didn't even give ourselves a fighting chance because we resigned to trying to defend at all costs against teams who were built to deal with that

These teams were immensely top heavy and we decided the best way to deal with that would be to try and perform miracles in defence and put absolutely no pressure on their defence and it failed miserably and we were embarrassed yet again

Forgive me for not wanking over 2 awful CL finals when we had a top 3-4 team in Europe anyway.
we absolutely did not have the best midfield in the world in 2016-17. WTF.
And in 2014-15 reaching the final was a huge achievement. It was our first European final since 2003 and we had failed to qualify for the Round of 16 just a year before. This revisionism is just :inter:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

But hey at least Allegro is a hell of a lot better than Conte who had prime BBC and MVP-P
What an imbecile :lol:

Not a chance? An awful performance? It was 1-1 at the 70th minute against Barca. They scored on the counter just after Paul Pogba was rugby tackled by Alves in the box which certainly would have been given as a penalty if it happened in the other direction. They scored a third goal on the counter again in injury time while we were pressing to tie the game.

You have to be an utter retard to think we weren’t in that game against Barca :rofl:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
we absolutely did not have the best midfield in the world in 2016-17. WTF.
And in 2014-15 reaching the final was a huge achievement. It was our first European final since 2003 and we had failed to qualify for the Round of 16 just a year before. This revisionism is just :inter:
"One of" and that was more for the 2015 campaign

The issue isn't losing to Madrid and Barca it's approaching the games like we've already lost them.

Getting rid of Alllegri was the right call, having no plan to replace him because you only want to hire Italian coaches however is ridiculous.

It doesn't matter what team we have, letting every fucking team under the sun control the game will NEVER end in Winning the CL

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
i expected an easy win against an underdog opponent like empoli. whenever we scored more than one goal, we conceded more than one as well.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
i expected an easy win against an underdog opponent like empoli. whenever we scored more than one goal, we conceded more than one as well.
What can you do. We have a semi-finished bonbon and a overrated defender in de ligt.
We also have a decent RB in Danilo and poor lb in Pellegrini who is better than Sandro lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 107)