out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jäger

May 2, 2021
So silly leaving Dybala and Chiesa on the bench until the 70th. Could easily have scored another with more time. If there was a game to win it's this one, especially when you take into account that both Roma and Napoli dropped points today

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Considering how bad we play we're not even that bad seeing where we stand right now.

That being said, we should see improvements (big ones) if we want to enter top 4 this season. What we've seen so far in the season is quite depressing.

I love Allegri and I was/still am glad we brought him back. But honestly, I expected more, despite our mess of a team.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I simply don't like this 442 thing. Not that I mind the formation with players in natural positions but he is literally force feeding it to the players.

Wins against Chelsea and Torino were great because we controlled the games for the most part, had better chances and showed fight and had intensity in our play.

What we're doing since the break is very disappointing to me honestly. I didn't like how we looked in any of the games since we came back.

There is absolutely no reason to have 2 wingers, 1 striker, 3 midfielders and still play 442. And tonight when Kaio came on he played wide and Morata inside, why?

He is still finding himself and learning the team, maybe I am just impatient and frustrated, but some things this season really bother me. His subs are too late also.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Considering how bad we play we're not even that bad seeing where we stand right now.

That being said, we should see improvements (big ones) if we want to enter top 4 this season. What we've seen so far in the season is quite depressing.

I love Allegri and I was/still am glad we brought him back. But honestly, I expected more, despite our mess of a team.
It’s still a W.I.P. We’re better than the outset, so that’s going the right way. Today was a total fuckjob of a team selection though. Hopefully it’s a blip and he’ll learn that some players are only bench worthy.

I’m looking forward to Arthur being introduced as a starter next to Loca since Max clearly stated that’s his intention. He’s better quality than Rabiot, Benchod or McCrap.

What I’m not looking forward to is his or Dybala’s inevitable next injury.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Whatever he did at half time worked, because we were the better team in that second half. And the substitutions in the 2nd half also worked like a charm, putting on quality players at a time when Inter was really beginning to tire. It brought us very close to an equalizer even before we got the penalty.

I'm not saying Max got everything spot-on tonight, but he knows more about the fitness levels of this team than anyone. I'm sure he had his reasons for starting with McKennie, for instance. There were reports before the game that we had many tired players in our squad.

Inter was the better team in the first half, but after the break we went out and gave them a hell of a game and clawed back to get a precious point, and that all comes down to having a great manager, in my opinion.

And about the penalty; was it lucky? Perhaps. It would not have been given without modern technology. But Inter's goal was also lucky, with that deflection and of course it had to pop off the crossbar and drop right in front of Dzeko.

All in all, I'm pleased. Inter is objectively the better team these days, but Max has instilled stability and hunger and solidity into this team. I like where we're going. Game after game now, it feels like watching the real Juve again. We do have a way to go, of course we do, and it's gonna take a season or two, but I'm sure we're on the right track.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Width was really lacking once Berna got injured and the first tactical change really hamstrung the interior with Cuadrado and Sandro both having poor matches. Really important in the next widow to find a left sided midfielder who can balance things out. Since he insists on the 442.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

It is easy to forget just how much of a mess we were. Pirlo's Juve was honestly the most disorganised team I'd seen in my time supporting Juve and I witnessed Ferrara, Del Neri and Zaccheroni's sides.

We hadn't kept a clean sheet in something like 20+ games, lost Ronaldo just before the 2nd game and have an unbalanced squad.

We've done well to look much more secure (Inter's goal came from their only real chance, from a speculative hit by a player who likely wouldn't have been unmarked if Berna was on the pitch).

I still think we have a long way to go but we are gradually getting there. The key for us is keeping our main players fit, which we haven't been able to do yet.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Whatever he did at half time worked, because we were the better team in that second half. And the substitutions in the 2nd half also worked like a charm, putting on quality players at a time when Inter was really beginning to tire. It brought us very close to an equalizer even before we got the penalty.
Seems to be a common theme. We play cautiously, and often poorly, in the first half. Then, Maxx gets a read on the opposition, and dominates them 2nd half.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Honestly we didn't deserve to score considering how little we've created but more important we really deserved another clean sheet; one lucky shot with deviation, bounce and a milimetric offside was needed to score us.

A good reminder, we managed to receive at least 1 goal for more than 20 games in a row before our recent clean sheet route started. We are building our team from that and if you ask me, it's a really good place to start to build something great

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Typical Allegri
Nothing new and I cannot imagine this will change
So let us see. last 5 matches .... 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0 wins and 1-1 draw. I can live with that no matter what bad happened on the pitch. Might be worried holding a 1-0 lead but I do have to say Max's teams seems to be good at it.

Isn't it so nice with whatever players Max puts out there, not being down 0-2 in a match?

Big fan of your avatar!

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
After a run of 1-0 victories in Serie A and the Champions League, did going behind leave Juventus struggling to be more attack-minded?

“We dropped eight out of nine points in the opening three rounds, so we had to start again from the foundations. The foundations are organisation and a solid defence.

We needed to build from that first, then we’ve been moving more forward, a bit more, and in time with more confidence, we will be more attacking.

“We had kept four straight clean sheets, so that was progress, today we allowed Inter very few chances. The problem is that everyone has to be aggressive, from the forwards to the defenders, otherwise the team struggles.”

There was a curious moment when Kaio Jorge came on as a late substitute, as he handed Leonardo Bonucci a note, which the defender then tucked into his socks.

“I didn’t write it, that was my assistant! It was about set plays and that’s Landucci’s territory. Maybe that’s why he keeps telling me to delay substitutions, so he can write…”

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Good game, especially the 2nd half. I've never had a feeling we would lose it. Precious point from derby away game. I ll take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Inter were lucky af to score like that. Hakan's effort took a deflection, hitting the bar and then the ball falling down straight to Dzeko. Common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 365)