out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
i'm not. sometimes in football you honestly need to keep it simple. look at milan today. one corner and goal because someone was willing to take risk. their chances came from simple quick one twos. mckennie and ramsey can do this.

you knew the team was going to run out of enery in second half based on how quick the temp was in first half. that's when you bring on mckennie who loves to run into box to give support to morata.
But McKennie hasn’t been a footballer for 9 months and Ramsey hasn’t been for 5 years

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
He's right though, the game was in the bag before we had one lapse in concentration defensively. Milan had created nothing of note.
A game is hardly in the bag when you're only leading with a single goal, just saying.

Hence I think you should always aim to get a bigger lead when you're having momentum. A team that struggles often wants to cling on to a 1-0 lead more.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
A game is hardly in the bag when you're only leading with a single goal, just saying.

Hence I think you should always aim to get a bigger lead when you're having momentum. A team that struggles often wants to cling on to a 1-0 lead more.
No the mindset has to change and I don't blame him we should have scored another goal or two but really we looked gassed in the last thirty minutes

Jun 6, 2015

It's not like we didn't try to score that second goal. We just had already ran out of gas to play at front foot when we conceded. It's important for a Allegri team to know how to shut up shop when needed.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
His post match comments are spot on.

He’s angry, he’s let the players know that. He did get the substitutions wrong. And we lacked determination. He should have left Dybala at least on but more defensive players for the last 15 - I’m not sure I agree with that.They would have resulted in us camping in our own box and we’ve seen that end badly enough over the last 2 years

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
No the mindset has to change and I don't blame him we should have scored another goal or two but really we looked gassed in the last thirty minutes
Always go for the second goal whenever possible, I can't state this enough times.

Of course matches differs, some have way more at stakes than others, but generally you should always aim to put as many goals behind the opponent as possible whenever they're in the ropes.

I'm glad Bayern has this philosophy. It doesn't matter whether it's Bochum or Barcelona.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

His one of the best for closing 1-0 lol and it worked but times have changed. Inter, Atalanta, and Milan have all improved vastly since Allegri managed this club. It's time to evolve.

Allegris pissed, and I'm glad he is, infact they all should be, we start again. We train again, we will rise... again.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007

Although we’re nowhere near in terms of quality, one of the biggest criticisms I have of our philosophy is the reluctance to exert ourselves and pump as many goals into the opposition like Bayern do. We need to be vicious and go panzer power in demolishing teams like a dog ripping out a throat.

Against the Milan of tonight, even a weak carnation of Bayern would have still gone in at the break with a good few goals as a cushion.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Always go for the second goal whenever possible, I can't state this enough times.

Of course matches differs, some have way more at stakes than others, but generally you should always aim to put as many goals behind the opponent as possible whenever they're in the ropes.

I'm glad Bayern has this philosophy. It doesn't matter whether it's Bochum or Barcelona.
Good now you can miss the next game

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
His one of the best for closing 1-0 lol and it worked but times have changed. Inter, Atalanta, and Milan have all improved vastly since Allegri managed this club. It's time to evolve.

Allegris pissed, and I'm glad he is, infact they all should be, we start again. We train again, we will rise... again.
Yep.

You can close a 1-0 lead if you're very good in defense, but it's just a dangerous game to always go for that when you're in front. It takes so little for the opponent to hurt you and then you have to switch 180 degress mentally.

But well, different approaches and tactics. Allegri is a good manager so he will get it right, no doubt.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It's not like we didn't try to score that second goal. We just had already ran out of gas to play at front foot when we conceded. It's important for a Allegri team to know how to shut up shop when needed.
It’s hard to reconcile the two though because as soon as they score, it’s always going to be question of why didn’t we get ahead by more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 217)