out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Why would we hire a coach sacked from just about every job he has been in?

Even Napoli were strongly considering it this season before they played us and seem happy to let him go at the end of the season.

We need stability now more than ever. Not a guy who has lasted at most 2 seasons in a job (finishing bottom in Serie B in that season). He may become a good manager but we shouldn't be the club for managers to find their feet. We've had too many experiments and need stability to get us back on track.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I think its understandable why folks here might be tired of Italian coaches. Its quite clear that Italian football is outdated and so are many of the coaches. Not sure how many seasons of Italian clubs failing in Europe it will take for them to realize this

Only Italian I would want is Allegri or maybe Inzaghi.
The coaching has nothing to do with it. It's the money and taxation that serie a has compared to other leagues

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Dude. Gattuso is nowhere near Gasperini level yet, and I’m not that big a fan of Gasperini, or at least not as a coach for Juve, I’d prefer someone younger, instead of another pensioner.

Inzaghi is the only young Italian coach I’d want us to consider at the moment. Gattuso gotta show more before I start thinking he’s worth a look.
I'm not saying he is but I'm also not discounting Gattuso like most

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Even Napoli were strongly considering it this season before they played us and seem happy to let him go at the end of the season.

We need stability now more than ever. Not a guy who has lasted at most 2 seasons in a job (finishing bottom in Serie B in that season). He may become a good manager but we shouldn't be the club for managers to find their feet. We've had too many experiments and need stability to get us back on track.
Yap I definitely agree with you on this one.
Gattuso didnt do anything special.
Lets say Napoli reach CL - They were expected to finish in top 4.
Juve Inter Atalanta and Napoli are the strongest in terms of players while Lazio are fifth

Inzaghi`s Lazio finished 4th last season so you might get a case for Inzaghi in terms of achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

almost all teams see a new manager bump when a coach is replaced mid-season.
I still remember how Ferrara finished our season with a bunch of wins and then we all know what happened the year after..

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Bro do yourself a favor and look at the difference in money between La liga and epl versus serie a. An epl team in 18th place brings in more than. Serie a champion. Add to that the taxation of players salaries in serie a like Ronaldo's 30 mil costs Juve 62 mil euros a year. Then add to the fact that most Italian teams don't have independent stadiums with revenue stream and a shit TV contract and you see how much harder it is

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

You just don't want to acknowledge at all that Gattuso is actually becoming a quality coach ;)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Bro do yourself a favor and look at the difference in money between La liga and epl versus serie a. An epl team in 18th place brings in more than. Serie a champion. Add to that the taxation of players salaries in serie a like Ronaldo's 30 mil costs Juve 62 mil euros a year. Then add to the fact that most Italian teams don't have independent stadiums with revenue stream and a shit TV contract and you see how much harder it is
I'm not denying that but the problem is far from just revenue. You might be right if it was just EPL or La Liga sides but Italians are regularly losing/ underperforming against all sorts of teams from much lesser leagues than La Liga or EPL

and its not just the Lazios or Romas, the last three teams to knock mighty Juventus out of the CL are not from La Liga or EPL

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
They don't want to acknowledge at all that Gattuso is actually becoming a quality coach and he's actually making serious strides. Juventuz loves the big names. They don't want a Gasperini or Gattuso here.
Serious strides such as getting embarrassed by Pirlo's Juventus?
Or doing nothing of note in Europe for that matter.
The way you're hyping him up, you'd have to think he's getting Napoli to challenge for the scudetto or something.. Napoli still haven't secured CL yet in a season where only 1 team has been consistent the entire season.
Napoli have marginally improved. Hardly any serious strides. But is that enough to land him the Juventus job? I don't think so. Way too huge of a gamble again. We can't risk yet another gamble especially when we have already lost millions.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
AS still bets hard on Raul it seems.

Surely, if Allegri misses out on RM move, he'd come here, no? Somehow I'm not that confident about ZZ coming, regardless of out CL qualification.

Those two only fit the bill for me tbh. All the other names are disappointing. I guess all of us would rather thin out the squad under a capable manager, than keep buying 'galacticos' for a cheap-bum coach.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Let's also not compare Gasperini to Gattuso. Gattuso has a ver long way to go to be anywhere near Gasp.
Why not Pirlo did...

“I am fortunate to have two Finals in my first season, whereas this is only Gian Piero Gasperini’s second in his career. We had two different career paths, but we are two different coaches with very different personalities

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
The way you're hyping him up, you'd have to think he's getting Napoli to challenge for the scudetto or something.. Napoli still haven't secured CL yet in a season where only 1 team has been consistent the entire season.
Napoli have marginally improved. Hardly any serious strides. But is that enough to land him the Juventus job? I don't think so. Way too huge of a gamble again. We can't risk yet another gamble especially when we have already lost millions.
Who is hyping him up I'm just not discounting either coach like most on here not hyping anyone

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I love how Zidane isn't a gamble either. The only coach that wouldn't be a gamble is allegri
Or bring back conte

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 109)