out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
None of the big clubs' football philosophies is better or worse than the others. With the great squad and proper execution any football philosophy will bring you the result, so there's no need to switch to the most trendy one.

Proponents of the modern attacking football usually mention such names as Guardiola, Klopp, and Sarri. OK, let's take a look at what their attacking football brought them in terms of European success.

1. Guardiola. Lost zero Champions League finals since 2011. That would be impressive if it were for countless trophies he won rather than for his dropping out even before reaching the finals, mostly in semi-finals.

2. Klopp. Reached three European cups finals, lost all of them.

3. Sarri. This man, with all of the "beauty" of his football, failed to reach even the Europa League final, even when it was easier to do it rather than not (Napoli a few years ago).

At the same time:
- the last 3 CL cups were taken by Zidane's Real Madrid, the club, that adhered to very rational football. Considering the quality of the squad they had, you could say that they played equally "bad" compared to what Max does at Juventus.
- the last Europa League trophy was won by Atletico Madrid. No comments.
- the year before that the Europa League cup was won by Man Utd. Mou's Man Utd. Man "the bus" Utd. Who did they play against? Ajax.

So, in reality the attacking football philosophy produces mostly fuss but no end product. I don't see any reason for Juventus to suddenly abandon their approach to football and start doing what these overhyped teams/managers do.

Yes, this year it seems like this type of football wins. But it wouldn't be prudent to make any long-terms conclusions based on only one season.
Wigga, please. Two of Klopp's finals were managing a small team with lolzy budget and players who proved to be average after he left.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He had a good group of players who played together for quite some time, and a good system for them.

Klopp also managed to finish 8th, 4th, and 4th in the league in his first 3 seasons at Pool. And had Borussia in the relegation zone halfway through the season of his last year at Dortmund.

He's still a great coach. So is Max.

You ninnies need to stop acting like Allegri is some scrub and diminishing his accomplishments to polish the image of the current flavour of the month. It's simply retarded.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Gundogan, Hummels, Reus
Gundogan is okay, not great. Hummels is lol and Reus is good.

The rest of the team was MdS level (okay i'm exaggerating)

- - - Updated - - -

He had a good group of players who played together for quite some time, and a good system for them.

Klopp also managed to finish 8th, 4th, and 4th in the league in his first 3 seasons at Pool. And had Borussia in the relegation zone halfway through the season of his last year at Dortmund.

He's still a great coach. So is Max.

You ninnies need to stop acting like Allegri is some scrub and diminishing his accomplishments to polish the image of the current flavour of the month. It's simply retarded.
He built that group of players just like he built this current group at Liverpool.

Where was Liverpool when Klopp took over?

I'm not even mentioning Max here. He's a great coach but I still want him gone.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Hummels ended up in Bayern. Maybe he's slow now, but he was surely not "lol" back then. Also his second European final was EL in 2016. He had Firmino and Coutinho in his roster. The rest of them were average, but it's not like Sevilla squad were all world class.
I like Klopp by the way. He's a great coach. But this hyperbole needs to stop.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

He built that group of players just like he built this current group at Liverpool.

Is that not the whole point of what max is trying to accomplish, build a team that fits his system, but to do so he would need more control of player intake.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Two of Klopp's finals were managing a small team with lolzy budget and players who proved to be average after he left.
He lost 1 European cup final with Dortmund and 2 of them with Liverpool.

2013 - Dortmund, the 13th richest football club in the world. In 2015, when Max reached his first final, Juventus were on the 9th place in this list.
2016 - Liverpool, the 8th richest club in the world (Juventus is still the 9th).
2018 - Liverpool, the 8th richest club in the world (Juventus is still the 9th).

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
The entire team was good, except for Schmelzer. No idea how he's managed to start for so long :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Just put him on ignore and don't look back.
You got butthurt ever since I called you an incel.

Truth must hurt :(

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone come at me, brahs

- - - Updated - - -

He lost 1 European cup final with Dortmund and 2 of them with Liverpool.

2013 - Dortmund, the 13th richest football club in the world. In 2015, when Max reached his first final, Juventus were on the 9th place in this list.
2016 - Liverpool, the 8th richest club in the world (Juventus is still the 9th).
2018 - Liverpool, the 8th richest club in the world (Juventus is still the 9th).
To be fair to Klopp, fuckin Karius ruined any chances Liverpool had last year.

And we can continue this discussion after he wins this one.

Last edited:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
To be fair to Klopp, he had fuckin Karius ruin any chance Liverpool last year.
Yes, but Juventus fell apart in the previous final also due to the reasons that have little to do with the club's style of football. Actually, I can see a lot of similarities between these two failures, not only the almost identical final score.

I'm not trying to say that Klopp or Guardiola are bad managers. They are obviously not. I just don't think that:
a) they are better than Max;
b) Juventus, as a football club (with all the traditions, transfer market strategy, etc.), can or should try to adopt their style of football.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The only thing I want to see is high pressing, it's the one thing we lack compared to other top teams

They all do it in the CL and since Pep brought it back in 2008 it has been the blueprint for success in that time

We need more energy overall as a team, we are very static and rigid and I guess overly defensive with attacking players as well

For me this comes down to Allegri's style so that is the reason I am not a fan of his and would prefer to move on because I don't think he will change
I think even since Allegri arrived at Juve, the times have changed. There is a bit more pressing nowadays. There are a lot of outside the box thinkers that believe the most important thing you should do is counter press and that possession is not even that favourable.

As in... punt the ball to the other team and press their defenders until they commit a mistake. I'm in agreement with you that we don't need this fairy tale tiki taka football but our intensity and energy is below the level required.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps Max should get to decide who he buys then like Klopp, instead of having a random team built with no notion of whether the players suit the team and others in it.

:boh:

- - - Updated - - -

I think even since Allegri arrived at Juve, the times have changed. There is a bit more pressing nowadays. There are a lot of outside the box thinkers that believe the most important thing you should do is counter press and that possession is not even that favourable.

As in... punt the ball to the other team and press their defenders until they commit a mistake. I'm in agreement with you that we don't need this fairy tale tiki taka football but our intensity and energy is below the level required.
That’s not at all Zidane’s style. And he just won 3 straight CL titles. Just because this year it finally worked out for these teams, doesn’t mean it’s some revolutionary tactic and the game will never work for tactically disciplined and more pragmatic sides again. Zidane is an incredibly pragmatic coach.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Klopp is a good coach, but now he is the best in the world. :lol: That's what I figured out after reading the last few posts, thanks for opening my eyes IliveForJuve, sry, I mean IliveForKlopp.
Never said he was the best, you inbred fuck.

Zidane is the GOAT of coaches and he too is great at motivating and creating an actual team.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That’s not at all Zidane’s style. And he just won 3 straight CL titles. Just because this year it finally worked out for these teams, doesn’t mean it’s some revolutionary tactic and the game will never work for tactically disciplined and more pragmatic sides again. Zidane is an incredibly pragmatic coach.
To be honest, I don't really see much to Zidane's tactics. It was basically a solid foundation behind Ronaldo. Cross to Ronaldo. I think that's all we needed to do as well but our defense was a turnstyle.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
To be honest, I don't really see much to Zidane's tactics. It was basically a solid foundation behind Ronaldo. Cross to Ronaldo. I think that's all we needed to do as well but our defense was a turnstyle.
Funny thing is its not too different from allegris ideas but we lacked the quality in build up of that side so could never provide ronaldo that service and ended up having to drop him deep so he could get on the ball.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
You can often hear that even if Max doesn't have top midfield, it's not an excuse, since Klopp doesn't have it either.

But here's the difference: Klopp has the players that perfectly fit the profile he requires, while Max...

Well, Max has a group of mostly mediocre players that were assembled together for many different reasons. Some of them seemed like great opportunity from the financial perspective, the others showed great potential or just looked like they might fill the gap for the time being.

And this is more than just a groundless speculation - the club management several times openly admitted that one of the Max's strengths they like is his ability to work with whomever they give him.

Maybe, Max had to voice his concerns more loudly, and this situation is partially his fault too. According to rumors, that's exactly what he does now. If it's true, he deserves at least another year at this club. With all the leverages in his hands, including the transfer market. So that we could finally see what it is the Juventus Max have had in his mind all of these years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 360)