out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's odd that after our biggest transfer, we pretty much had our worst season trophy wise under him.

I do trust enough in him to win this but this season is a failure because until april we still don't have a clear line up or identity (we do have one, but it doesnt really work)

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
old men won't change their ways. His idea of football is what we're seeing since years.
either we accept we'll suck forever under Allegri or be happy at how we play :D
thoudans of injuries included and being always tired no matter what.
Either we give up and deal with this shit or we stop to follow Juventus till Allegri is gone
Seriously because this year is not indicative of the previous. I think it's a combo of forcing a system without the players for that system sprinkle in key injuries and that is the outcome we saw

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
the team looked shit the first half of the season and started playing well only after Fiorentina loss.

2014-15 was awesome all season long and on paper a stronger team.
Wat? No it wasn’t. We lost to Olympiacos in group stage, then barely squeaked by them in Turin, had to make a comeback. Got embarrassed by Atletico away and then played for a 0-0 at home to barely qualify for knockouts.

Awesome all season long? Lol

This forum was in full-blown meltdown when we lost to Olympiacos :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is I remember when he coached cagliari they were known for their attacking style of play. Oh how he's regressed
I’d like to see a proper midfield here again, and see how he does with it, but he should be on a short leash there.

If we don’t sign one proper world class CM this year, then I expect us to be a flawed team yet again, regardless of who the coach is and tactics we employ. Might as well change coaches though and see what happens if we aren’t going to properly reinforce.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2009
Honestly this season feels like Capello 2006. Sky high expectations only for a colossus failure in the CL.

Not everything is Allegri's fault but a lot of it is;

1. Doesn't start in form players
2. Can't get the best out of important players such as Costa, Dybala etc.
3. Not learning from his mistakes [we lost 4 times in the CL this season lol, twice home]
4. Doesn't know which tactic to deploy this late in the season.
5. Making Dybala/Bonnuci Captain LOL, when the experienced Ronaldo clearly deserves it.

Honestly this is a bore, WORST season from recent memory, and the fact so many of the big teams look weak adds insult to injury.

May 23, 2013
Wat? No it wasn’t. We lost to Olympiacos in group stage, then barely squeaked by them in Turin, had to make a comeback. Got embarrassed by Atletico away and then played for a 0-0 at home to barely qualify for knockouts.

We had a few struggles early on like those two games however overall it wasn't too bad at all and in terms of quality of football def much better than first half of 16-17. Some really fun games like 3-2 Roma, 7-0 Parma and 3-1 Napoli.

And anyways we only lost those two games due Allegri insisting on benching Marchisio for some weird reason. Was great when filling in for Pirlo in the very beginning of the season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And some really fun games in 16-17 like 3-0 Barca, 2-0 and 2-1 Monaco. And even I’m the first half of the season. 4-0 Cagliari, 4-1 Sampdoria. 3-1 Atalanta. 3-1 Torino.

16-17 was a great year. We had a bad spell late fall, early winter. That’s it

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
And some really fun games in 16-17 like 3-0 Barca, 2-0 and 2-1 Monaco. And even I’m the first half of the season. 4-0 Cagliari, 4-1 Sampdoria. 3-1 Atalanta. 3-1 Torino.

16-17 was a great year. We had a bad spell late fall, early winter. That’s it
Our first half in Cardiff was actually pretty good

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Honestly this season feels like Capello 2006. Sky high expectations only for a colossus failure in the CL.

Not everything is Allegri's fault but a lot of it is;

1. Doesn't start in form players
2. Can't get the best out of important players such as Costa, Dybala etc.
3. Not learning from his mistakes [we lost 4 times in the CL this season lol, twice home]
4. Doesn't know which tactic to deploy this late in the season.
5. Making Dybala/Bonnuci Captain LOL, when the experienced Ronaldo clearly deserves it.

Honestly this is a bore, WORST season from recent memory, and the fact so many of the big teams look weak adds insult to injury.
6. Think he just needs 15 minutes to figure out an opponent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

I’d like to see a proper midfield here again, and see how he does with it, but he should be on a short leash there.

If we don’t sign one proper world class CM this year, then I expect us to be a flawed team yet again, regardless of who the coach is and tactics we employ. Might as well change coaches though and see what happens if we aren’t going to properly reinforce.
We can look at many teams like Liverpool and on paper they will seem to have a mediocre to decent quality midfield YET they have a working passing system and very fluid movement going forward. It fucking works like a proper modern team should play.

Everybody here seems to think just adding a world class midfielder would change everything and it might (Brazil is probably the best ever example on having shitty coaches and relying on talent alone in the past) but truth is individual talent doesn’t always prevail, we can only rely on luck for so long. We need a better attacking system and that’s on whoever managing.

I think in our case it’s the combination. We need a few more talented individuals but we also need Allegri to get the best out of them, can he at this point? Imo nope.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We can look at many teams like Liverpool and on paper they will seem to have a mediocre to decent quality midfield YET they have a working passing system and very fluid movement going forward. It fucking works like a proper modern team should play.

Everybody here seems to think just adding a world class midfielder would change everything and it might (Brazil is probably the best ever example on having shitty coaches and relying on talent alone in the past) but truth is individual talent doesn’t always prevail, we can only rely on luck for so long. We need a better attacking system and that’s on whoever managing.

I think in our case it’s the combination. We need a few more talented individuals but we also need Allegri to get the best out of them, can he at this point? Imo nope.
And imo, he can. Will he? I don't know... maybe he's burnt out, the pressure and weight of expectations has crushed him. It's possible. But the past 5 years have shown he can both create a better attacking system and get the best out of the team at his disposal. Both 2014-15 and 2016-17 are very clear evidence of this. When he adapted and changed formation and tactics to get fantastic results, both defensively and offensively.

What I'm unsure of is whether he still has the motivation and drive here, at this club, in this setting to fix this and get things ticking again. Maybe the pressure is too much, maybe he's allowed his success thus far to blind him to the need for change, though I have to imagine this season would be an eye-opener for both him and management in this regard. He needs to regain his motivation and fight, and use the early months of the season better next year, to figure out just what works.

If management does keep him here, I'd give him to the end of the group stage to get things sorted. And regardless of other teams' midfields, we are clearly in need of some quality there, for Allegri or any manager replacing him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'll only cheer if the new coach is white (no southern Italians)
I've got my fingers crossed that we hire a minority. If we rescind Ronaldo's contract for the fake rape accusations too, we can become the new SJW club. Expand fanbase to all SJWs worldwide. Maybe we can fire Paratici and hire a female sporting director too. :weee:

Mar 10, 2009
Who are we to hand the captains armband to a new player? Milan?

Err Ronaldo is not a "new player" lol he's won the CL 5 times, the last 3 in a row, and arguably the greatest player the CL has ever had. Add the fact that Ronaldo won us the A.Madrid game and has the quality of a leader.

Dybala has been poor in the CL since the Barcelona games in 2017 and Bonnuci lol no. You cannot convince me Ronaldo was not more suited, even if he joined us in August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 148)