out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
They get bored of winning Serie A, call it a tinpot league, say only CL matters...

...but then react furiously when our team looks disinterested and bored too and gives the minimum effort necessary to win in this so-called tinpot league.

:lol3:
Don’t know how any of our fans can get bored and take winning Serie A for granted. I derive so much enjoyment from us pissing all over this league, year-in, year-out and rendering all of our rivals seasons totally irrelevant before a ball is kicked in anger.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There are only a few who complain about the entertainment value of the team. I think most don't really care, including me. Most care about being the most prepared as possible for the CL knockout stages, and nomatter how much you keep going in circles about last seasons and number of points won, in long posts like post_ironics, then it doesn't change the fact that our team currently looks in pretty bad state, with no clear lineup, no clear game plan and terrible results in the most recent games. That's where we are at currently. That doesn't mean that things can't change, but its about time.
The point is Allegri teams have a history of looking quite poor in the first half of the season and looking very good in the second half. There’s a repeating pattern there, which provides encouragement and faith in his ability to have the team peaking at the right time. Sport science isn’t some esoteric voodoo, it’s a well established science with concepts like periodization. @Zacheryah ;)

To your point that our current form is worrying, and we are getting awfully close to crunch time without sorting shit out... I agree with you 100%. I’m worried about our form and fitness and whether we will sort our starting XI out, hit our extra gear at the right time, but until we really fail to do so, I’m going to have faith in our coach to get it right, a coach who has delivered results year in, year out.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t know how any of our fans can get bored and take winning Serie A for granted. I derive so much enjoyment from us pissing all over this league, year-in, year-out and rendering all of our rivals seasons totally irrelevant before a ball is kicked in anger.
Yep. Beating Roma with record point totals for them of 85 and 87, and Napoli with a record point total of 91, all in the last 5 years gives me so much joy. :weee:

And it gives us hilarious shit like “Scudetto of honesty” and “intellectually honest paladins of football.” :rofl:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Earlier this season I said I was worried about how easy and comfortably we looked controlling the games so early in season. I was worried that the players would run out of gas at this last part of the season. It certainly has looked like that the past month.

If it’s the case, I have to blame Allegri.

Last edited:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The point is Allegri teams have a history of looking quite poor in the first half of the season and looking very good in the second half. There’s a repeating pattern there, which provides encouragement and faith in his ability to have the team peaking at the right time. Sport science isn’t some esoteric voodoo, it’s a well established science with concepts like periodization. @Zacheryah ;)

To your point that our current form is worrying, and we are getting awfully close to crunch time without sorting shit out... I agree with you 100%. I’m worried about our form and fitness and whether we will sort our starting XI out, hit our extra gear at the right time, but until we really fail to do so, I’m going to have faith in our coach to get it right, a coach who has delivered results year in, year out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Beating Roma with record point totals for them of 85 and 87, and Napoli with a record point total of 91, all in the last 5 years gives me so much joy. :weee:

And it gives us hilarious shit like “Scudetto of honesty” and “intellectually honest paladins of football.” :rofl:
Yep, fairly convinced he's doing that. It correlates almost exactly the same as the hard periodisation based schedules in strenghtsports

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Individuel fitness levels is one thing. Another is tactical choices and game plan. They relate, but they can't be the explanation. Nonetheless, we should be getting closer and closer to peaking, which is nowhere to be seen currently.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Ideal time to peak would have been mid-March to mid-May for the quarters and semis. But unfortunately, we got a horrible draw this time, unlike 14/15 when we got Dortmund (who were in bottom-half) and Monaco, or 16/17 when we got Porto to start the knockout phase. Hope we got enough quality to go past Atleti, who have been quite inconsistent so far this season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh, it was a vague commnet from allegri so he could very well mean that they are coming back from injury and nothing more... but who knows...

We hav been leaking goals so maybe he got triggered and wants to necro the bbc from the underworld

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 40, Guests: 296)